Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheelies and police response - what is the typical fine?

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Must've been a bloody slow bike
    Probably a Velo.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Been pulled over once for a wheelie.
    Was a good one if I do say so. Cop asked why I did it. "Cant bullshit ya, I was showing off to that other guy on a bike".
    "Well don't from now on. Off ya go".

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure there is no minimum stand down on dangerous until getting a work licence? I recall 28 days? I think careless had no stand down minimum.

Also, you have the time filing the work licence, waiting for it to be scheduled etc. I think the court also doesn't like too many work licence applications in each sitting etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Are you sure there is no minimum stand down on dangerous until getting a work licence? I recall 28 days? I think careless had no stand down minimum.
    There's a mandatory stand down for 28 days for some offences, mainly related to EBA and non-compliance offences.

Dangerous isn't one of them.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by benTL View Post
    The reason I was asking is they gave me a dangerous driving charge and minimum is loss of licence for 6 months.
    I was going to please not guilty because it was in an industrial area of the city at midnight with no other traffic around. And its not really dangerous if you know what you are doing and are very experienced.
    How did this all pan out for you?
    As someone else said industrial areas may look deserted but are usually not. Forklifts with no lights popping across road to other job sites or b trains backing out of driveways etc....

On a side note while detailing bike I noticed rear tyres maximum load rating. It’s exceeded by combined weight of rider and gear if front wheel off the ground...
    Could explain why some mint looking wheelies suddenly go haywire...
    Mind you in fourth gear at xxx km/h some interesting maths could argue the air resistance drag is taking some weight...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information