Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: best we tear down all the Dr Ashleigh Bloomfield statues...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So have you seen how low immunity is in Sweden? This isn't going away with natural herd immunity.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    It's not about blame, or him personally. It's about our government accepting accountability for their stuff-ups.

It's part of the contract that means we plebs continue to pay their wages and costs, and put up with all manner of krap, while they act on our behalf in our best interests.

The issue, here, is that there is an election looming, so anything that takes the shine off Those In Charge is careeer-limiting for all of them.

Worse still, there is no effective opposition to keep them on their toes, so it's down to us lot and the media.
    Fuck the media..

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Looking forward a few months, the rest of the infected world will be busy getting back to normal, survivors travelling freely (perhaps) while we'll still be bravely defending our national bubble, still repelling boarders, spurning their tourist dollars. So we'd better get it right, otherwise this lockown malarkey has been a massive waste, a costly diversion. .
    WOW!!! what an astute assertion which is total BS IMHO.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Yup ... so ... ? Whether natural or assisted by medical science, complete immunity to coronavirus is far from certain.

But we survived Spanish flu and the plague. We're not petrified of the common cold or ordinary flu or ebola. Viruses are nasty little buggers but immunology is clever stuff and science isn't all bad.

And anyway, it's not a matter of if we die, but when and how.

Meanwhile, twist that wrist.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Oh, OK.

Do enlighten me: how do you see this COVID thing playing out over the next few months?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Fuck the media..
    Someones been overdosing on retard pills again!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Someones been overdosing on retard pills again!
    Is that what you were subscribed?

Bike
    suzuki
    Looking forward a few months, the rest of the infected world will be busy getting back to normal, survivors travelling freely (perhaps) while we'll still be bravely defending our national bubble, still repelling boarders, spurning their tourist dollars. So we'd better get it right, otherwise this lockown malarkey has been a massive waste, a costly diversion.

Beyond that, unless there are effective drugs or vaccines, we're stuffed.
    and what will we do once we've been vaccinated but have 100 thousand anti vaxers aming us, they will hold us to ransom, the government will not want them dying and we'll all be fucked

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    and what will we do once we've been vaccinated but have 100 thousand anti vaxers aming us, they will hold us to ransom, the government will not want them dying and we'll all be fucked
    The government may not WANT them dying but they may not have much say in the matter. Covid 19 so far hasn't shown any inclination to do as its told
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    The government may not WANT them dying but they may not have much say in the matter. Covid 19 so far hasn't shown any inclination to do as its told
    Well it was developed in a Canadian bio lab designed to be carried by young folk to severely effect elder people. Looks like it is working as designed.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Yup ... so ... ? Whether natural or assisted by medical science, complete immunity to coronavirus is far from certain.

But we survived Spanish flu and the plague. We're not petrified of the common cold or ordinary flu or ebola. Viruses are nasty little buggers but immunology is clever stuff and science isn't all bad.

And anyway, it's not a matter of if we die, but when and how.

Meanwhile, twist that wrist.
    Ok, I'll bite.

My missus works for the pathology lab that processes the Covid-19 tests.

She's a fearless woman my girl (ask Jimmy Mair) she wouldn't blink in the face of a rabid rattlesnake standoff.

When the nurse came back from Africa with suspected Ebola I freaked, she said 'honey its nothing, you gotta be real fucking close swapping fluids to get that one.'
    Measles, she was pissed at anti-vaxxers. 'Selfish c**ts' she said.

Then, when C-19 breached our borders, at the time we had 3 cases. I said 'It's just a bad flu, wtf is the panic for'

She looked at me, said 'babe this ones as bad as they get, it's more contagious than than bubonic plague, or flu, or even the common cold. It lives outside the host organism (that's you, me, or bats) for days, not seconds or minutes.... days. Humans have no immunity, in Wuhan recovered patients have re-infected, it is a killer like we have not had before. It's more contagious than any other disease on record. So lock the doors and shoot any strangers in the driveway.'

Now, you wanna argue with a pathology professional? Go ahead, I know better.

Spanish Flu - flu dies within 1 hour of leaving the host, so suck the sneeze to get it, close combat distance only.
    Ebola, you need to be in contact with their body fluids, blood extracted ones at that.
    Plaugue - need to get bitten by the carrying flea or share sneezes and fluids with a active case.
    So to draw comparisons to those diseases is flawed and somewhat ignorant.

This one, lies in wait on some surfaces for days, can be spread airborne as well, carriers can be asymptomatic while infectious from 4-14 DAYS. Maybe longer, if you go symptomatic on day 13 for example....
    I spent lock-down at the other end of the kitchen table from the person responsible for coordinating all the lab tests and sample movements in the greater Wellington region, I now consider myself edumacated on C-19 and I wish I wasn't.

And not all those who die have pre-existing conditions, it is true that a pre-existing condition is certainly not helpful but plenty of dead 20 year old's in UK and USA who were fit and healthy.
    As for Ashley, well he makes the rules, its the dumb fucks a lot further down the chain of command who failed to dleiever.

Mother earth has had enough of us she sent that bat to the market, I swear. If this breaks loose in our general population, we're fucked.
    Peace. (and wash ya fuckin hands)
    Just ride.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    So deny them the vaccine and let Darwin decide who's right
    Just ride.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    We're not petrified of the common cold or ordinary flu or ebola.
    Tell that to all those people who line up each year for their flu shots.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Fuck the media..
    I'm a bit selective. It must be consensual and only the pretty ones. Heck, while we are at it female would be on that list, if at all possible.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Well it was developed in a Canadian bio lab designed to be carried by young folk to severely effect elder people. Looks like it is working as designed.
    \

Obviously you are privy to information from a source that most of the government, scientific and medical community don't get. Not Fox News, is it?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information