Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best we tear down all the Dr Ashleigh Bloomfield statues...

Bike
    suzuki

best we tear down all the Dr Ashleigh Bloomfield statues...

two new covid cases in NZ. were these people tested before leaving the UK? what about all the others on their flights too. Looks like the golden boy bloomfield has fallen from grace

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ve-for-covid19

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Probably not tested before leaving the UK, but what I can't believe is that they were not tested before leaving quarantine, when the 14 day period had not completed. And that one of them had symptoms but chose to ignore it as a "pre-existing" condition. (BTW how can something be pre-existing? Pre, before, before existing means nothing was there, until it existed)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Was Ashley Bloomfield the one who granted the compassionate exemption?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I also find it very difficult to believe they drove all the way from Auckland to Wellington with making any stops at all,and not coming into "contact" with other people.Whislt I am sure there are many people who could and do do that but for a "tourist" that is a big day at the wheel.
    I dont think there is anything wrong with the idea but it seems that the actual management of the "quaratine' centres is poor.This is serious stuff it because it makes an absolute mockery of what we all did through levels 3 and 4,and it validates the previous restrictions placed on new arrivals.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Guess that fucks it for anyone else who had valid reasons to ask for exemption.

Very convenient that the symptoms seemed like another illness, given that had they told someone they were sick they probably would have been tested and not allowed to go and do what they wanted to do.

Thanks to these muppets a shitload of other people are in isolation and can't go about their lives as normal, just goes to show what selfish arseholes some people can be.

Not the only case either,

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...tion-exemption

Waste of time bleating to the media now about how hard done by you are having to stay in isolation, there won't be much public sympathy, if people are unhappy just point them in the direction of these idiots as the reason.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That woman in the US that wanted to come back for her son's funeral may be out of luck. That's the funeral for the guy that was hit head on by an idiot going the wrong way on the motorway.

Having anyone come here from the UK or the USA doesn't seem like a good idea currently, neither country has even started to get to grips with the virus.

Anyhoo, the officials that let the two people from the UK loose in the country, one of whom was showing symptoms, should have had the come to Jesus talk. I do find it difficult to believe that the two traveled Auckland to Wellington non-stop with no contact with others. No gas, no cuppa, no loo stop, nothing.

It's not realistic to blame Bloomfield for the fuck up. If it keeps happening though, that'd be different.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Not so long ago Ashley and the Minister of Health were claiming victory.

Hard to believe they were released without being tested. Even the Minister was surprised when told that.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Meh. Being back in the office sucks arse anyway. Level 3 was much better.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Was Ashley Bloomfield the one who granted the compassionate exception?
    probably not, but he's the one whose been telling us how to do this and now comes out and says people will receive a test before being let out so it seems his system wasn't robust.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    . I do find it difficult to believe that the two traveled Auckland to Wellington non-stop with no contact with others. No gas, no cuppa, no loo stop, nothing.
    i had a friend die a couple of weeks ago, her sister came into nz and was in AK being good for a few days, my friend got worse so they let her come down to the wairarapa.
    Deal was,two cars driven to auckland and back without stopping, she came back in one.
    I asked my mate if it was both ways, tip, so he took shit loads of gas in the back of the hatchback thingy. We were at level two from memory. the sister came down and in good faith she was allowed to see her dying sister, she had gloves and a cheap mask on when I saw her.

It was a tough game, and she wore the protective gear, but how many in this situation actually do, it's not robust enough to stop shit happening simply.

If it's a funeral watch it on the internaughty, talk on the phone, don't come here and make more funerals.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Flights to and from china (WHERE THIS ALL STARTED) resume next week. What could possibly go wrong..
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    probably not, but he's the one whose been telling us how to do this and now comes out and says people will receive a test before being let out so it seems his system wasn't robust.
    Systems only work when 1/ the system covers all possibilities and 2/ all people follow the system rules. If there are errors or omissions then people will find a way to exploit these. It's how lawyers make a living.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Various TV faces are saying, "They're making it up as they go."

They should be handed a suitably embarrassing prize for stating the obvious. We haven't had a world wide pandemic for over a hundred years so nobody who was around then is here now. Of course they are making it up as they go.

We may be forgiven though for hoping that the officials will be more on the ball than the twats responsible for this latest fuck up. Letting two people go without testing when one was showing symptoms is not acceptable.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    moped
    They can go and get stuffed if they have another lock down, i just read this morning that they are letting an average of approx 1800 people a week across our boarders, 754 last week were kiwis being repatriated, but still, that is clearly stating that our boarders are not closed, Air New Zealand flights are still continuing to China, taking freight and Chineese people home and bringing back kiwis, where are they locking down all these people?
    And this stupid Muller wanting to bring thousands of students in has to be the last straw. We are doomed letting these dumb fucks run our country.
    Thats why i don't vote, how can i put my hand up honestly and vote for a bunch of lieing decitful corupt bunch of no hopers governing our country, promised they would take pay cuts, yeh right.
    The World is stuffed, glad i have lived the 60's 70s era.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Meh. Being back in the office sucks arse anyway. Level 3 was much better.
    My office has actually been sent home as a precaution (my company chose to do so rather than being required to). A family member of one of my co-workers was in contact with the affected persons (they lent them the car that they used to drive down to Wellington).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thread Information