Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tardme gone mad: the $71k HQ Holden Belmont

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    so far. It doesnae end till 4 July.

What the actual fuck? I thought when I saw this "Oooh, that'd be good buying round the $30k mark":

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2661616653

Here's a (more desirable) sedan, same colour, current listing $21k

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...26a17138c9-002

obviously the days of the $3000 HQ are long gone.

The short lived HQ racing idea cleaned out a lot of them.

Probably much the same sort of reason very original Anglias are selling for $20,000+
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    That's awesome. There's a page on facebook about the exploits of a crew of guys who ran Falcons here in the early 80's I'm guessing. You might even know them, it seems the ventured down south a bit.
    Lots of Canterbury 'coons headed down here 10 or so years ago, young guys would do a booze cruise north to Christchurch and score soem fairly original ones - and they're still on the road albeit with more power, fancier wheels and more glossy paint.

And reselling for $40,000+
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The questions and responses are interesting. I think the tik tok kids have been bidding...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I ran HT's, HG's, HQ's, HJ's and HZ's for years...didn't know anything about other brands...a bit like an old Louisiana driller I worked with many years ago...swore he didn't think white girls had pussies until he was 18...

...I always threw a 1 Ton, 4 speed box in every one I ever owned...always had two boxes hanging around waiting...

...as they fell apart, rusted, got pranged or reached their demise, usually through body or suspension shit the engine was removed...always seemed to have three to four ready to run motors to throw in the next one that turned up...I had a 186 a 179 and a 149 motor that any one of, would go into the fucked 202 powered body I'd just got cheap...I had a heap of dead 202 engines, mostly fucked around no 5 piston...

...I have warm feelings toward them but that was history...dunno if I'd wanna go there again...I would love my HZ Ute with the LD28 and four speed box back in my life...

...I could do an engine change when I owned a Hiab, in a couple of hours with the help of one of my kids...easier times...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post

...I could do an engine change when I owned a Hiab, in a couple of hours with the help of one of my kids...easier times...
    you bred kids that helped you, what sort of a freak show are you?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    A while ago, there was debate as to what the Plural of Bogans should be, Eventually it was decided that 'A Horde of Bogans' was correct, however the runner up was:

"A Holden of Bogans, or more specifically - a Kingswood of Bogans"
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    A while ago, there was debate as to what the Plural of Bogans should be, Eventually it was decided that 'A Horde of Bogans' was correct, however the runner up was:

"A Holden of Bogans, or more specifically - a Kingswood of Bogans"
    The reason Holden failed ... not enough Bogans ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    ... Probably much the same sort of reason very original Anglias are selling for $20,000+
    The Mini 7's class did the same ... not many of them around with the door hinges on the outside of the doors ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Probably much the same sort of reason very original Anglias are selling for $20,000+
    Anglias almost bullet proof, So much power. miss driving it........

never really much of a Holden fan.
    apart from the Monaro.....

however if you ever get the chance National Holden Motor Museum, Echuca, Ozzie.
    Www.holdenmuseum.com.au

well worth the effort to get there.

It’s only worth what someone wants to pay for it.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Fuck me, we stayed a night in Echuca cos we got lost on one of our bike trips. Cool town, but didnt realise that museum was there. Might have gone for a visit.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    welbike
    TM 2654213216 If someone pays 20k for this I would be surprised. but I am starting to realize that I am the one out of touch with reality. Who would ask 60k for any vehicle and present it like this without even cleaning it and maybe taking it somewhere of some good photos.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    TM 2654213216 If someone pays 20k for this I would be surprised. but I am starting to realize that I am the one out of touch with reality. Who would ask 60k for any vehicle and present it like this without even cleaning it and maybe taking it somewhere of some good photos.
    If it's a real WB and not just a nose cone, they're worth a bit more than other models. But that one being so hacked up, I cant see it getting more than $15k.
    As you say though, we're likely wrong and some tard will buy it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Staples View Post
    Ahem: hardly ableson boat tail POS thats been for sale for 10 years. Its "worth" 60 grand.... to the owner.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    so far. It doesnae end till 4 July.

What the actual fuck? I thought when I saw this "Oooh, that'd be good buying round the $30k mark":

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2661616653

Here's a (more desirable) sedan, same colour, current listing $21k

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...26a17138c9-002

obviously the days of the $3000 HQ are long gone.
    They were gone years back,that though is a new level of madness more so when as you say theres a sedan listed at $21k,still be madness to me but could sort of understand if the sw was a real tidy old girl,as for rust the thing will be full of it which makes the current bids seem more than a bit strange,still each to there own i guess.Always had Falcons though moons ago whilst owning an XYGS bought an ex forestry HQ sedan in that orrible green for a hack,left the thing in a ditch down Gore way.Be interesting to see where that auction ends up but no matter what 70k for a poo brown 6 cylinder HQ wagon in average condition with plenty to spend is strange.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Thread Information