Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught on my ZX6R on my Learner's.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    google CBTA and get it done. cheaper than your next ticket!
    Cheers mate, I’m sitting restricted August 5th. Might have to garage the bike for a year until
    I get my full, which hurts.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If he only has a learners license ... I think the "No L Plates Fitted" is an added charge as well.
    Yep, breaching on capacity and L plates, so two fines. From memory you only get the single highest set of demerits if multiple breaches in a stop incur demerits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Demerits: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/driver-lice...driver-licence
    I can only find a car restricted page that easily summarises demerit and fine together (https://www.nzta.govt.nz/driver-lice...nts-and-fines/) but looks like $100.
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/r...age-1-learner/

Breaching the learner conditions of your driver licence (other than failing to display L plates) could result in you receiving 35 demerit points and a fine of $100. If you breach any other conditions of your driver licence you could receive 25 demerit points and be subject to a fine of $400.

You must display an L (learner) plate on the back of your motorcycle at all times when you are riding. Failure to display L plates could result in 25 demerit points and a fine of $100.

Your new learner licence will be valid for five years. You can now ride on the open road and gain the skills and experience that will enable you to progress to the next stage. When you feel you are ready you can apply for your restricted licence.

If you do not progress during the five year period, you will need to pass a theory test once your licence has expired before your learner licence can be issued for a further five years.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    the thing that pisses me off about that is you get demerits for all sorts of bullshit that is not road safety related. It is very poor form and unsportsmanlike.
    Government fund raising. But there's no quota ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    If you're caught again, there's 0 chance they'll let you off since you'd already been caught. Though it sounds like they didn't let you off this (first) time anyway.
    The OP seems to have found a few cops with some degree of geniality ... BUT ... next time ... he may not.

Note:

If you are not complying with your licence conditions the police can now prevent you from continuing to ride until you are able to comply with the conditions of your licence. They may also do one or more of the following:

- direct you to ride straight home
    - take your keys
    - immobilise your motorcycle, or
    - have it moved to a place where it is not a traffic hazard.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The OP seems to have found a few cops with some degree of geniality ... BUT ... next time ... he may not.
    As above, I was on a ride, several yrs ago, where we got pulled over by two very excited cops in two cars as we were speeding. Well 3 of us were and we got processed, ticketed etc but our 4th mate who wasn't speeding, as such, was on a learners and also on an RSVR Aprilia and the cops threw the book at him. He got a ticket for speeding as he was on a learners and shouldn't have been doing 100kmh, he got a ticket for being on the wrong machinery and there was one other thing as well. Plus they wouldn't let him ride it home and we were in the boonies. Well, the middle of SH16. I thought they were being a bit miserable to be honest, but they waited around until we left to make sure we didn't ride it off.
    Another time, in north canterbury I got pulled over speeding 2up by a polite english cop and he asked me why I was speeding and then got his map book out and showed us a better motorbike road to be on and let us go. I was very surprised at that outcome, but grateful as well...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Ah? Yeah! they will keep an eye out and don't forget it doesn't take many demerits to lose your licence these days.
    100 demerits, and I imagine 35 for this so that leaves room for one more discretion 😂

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Yep, breaching on capacity and L plates, so two fines. From memory you only get the single highest set of demerits if multiple breaches in a stop incur demerits?
    Just one fine I think. The cop laughed when she asked about the L plate and I replied “what’s the point?”

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    hows your insurance?. nowadays they log warnings against you, and it's all over the country in a split second.
    I don’t have insurance- can’t get it on a Learner riding a Full license bike.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    The same cop(s) who pulled you over may certainly recognise you and pull you over again to check, but I doubt there's now a region wide alert for your make/model/colour of bike.

If you're caught again, there's 0 chance they'll let you off since you'd already been caught. Though it sounds like they didn't let you off this (first) time anyway.

Your bigger issue should be insurance - if you crash in to a Ferrari and write it off, will your insurer cover you? Probably not, since you weren't adhering to your license's conditions.

Not sure on a bike, but in a car it's a 35 demerits and a $100 fine for carrying a non-full license passenger while on a restricted license, which is somewhat comparable to your situation (in breach of license conditions).
    This is my only concern. The same cop recognising me and pulling me over immediately.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Some people learn by their mistakes..........
    Still trying to figure out whether I’m one of them. Hence the post.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerOger1986 View Post
    Still trying to figure out whether I’m one of them. Hence the post.
    You appear to be on the right track, some insurance companies will insure, it just! costs more.
    Not worth being ticketed all the time, they don't usually go looking for you, but once there's a routine they are obliged to act.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    suzuki
    This is my only concern. The same cop recognising me and pulling me over immediately.
    NPR stuff will also pick up the bike, try hiding from that shit

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    NPR stuff will also pick up the bike, try hiding from that shit
    What’s NPR?

Bike
    suzuki
    What’s NPR?
    number plate recognition

Thread Information