Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught on my ZX6R on my Learner's.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    do they have fixed A(automatic)NPR cameras o the motorway in Auckland?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    They have some on patrol cars ... and some fixed in the Auckland motorway system (probably more now)you guess when ... and WHERE ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DerOger1986 View Post
    Cheers mate, I’m sitting restricted August 5th. Might have to garage the bike for a year until
    I get my full, which hurts.
    If your motorcycle was registered in the name of a full class 6 licensed rider ... you would have not been stopped ...

And if you "Borrowed" that motorcycle ... on occasion ... the risk of a license check would be your's ... but that might require you being stopped for another traffic offence (like speed or dangerous riding) ... OTHER than being "Noticed" by your rego plate details on a random plate check ...

Just saying ...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If your motorcycle was registered in the name of a full class 6 licensed rider ... you would have not been stopped ...

And if you "Borrowed" that motorcycle ... on occasion ... the risk of a license check would be you'rs ... but that might require you being stopped for another traffic offence (like speed or dangerous riding) ... OTHER than being "Noticed" by your rego plate details on a random plate check ...

Just saying ...
    Have thought about this too. Haha.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DerOger1986 View Post
    Have thought about this too. Haha.
    You WON'T be the first to do it ....

but ... Address details need to be different to your's.

If you "sell" it on the condition you have "Permission" to "borrow" it ... the "Owner" can claim ignorance of your license status.

just saying ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    https://fyi.org.nz/request/11096-sta...meras-auckland

Scroll down to the bit where it states CCTV ANPR only.pdf

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    NPR stuff will also pick up the bike, try hiding from that shit
    They couldn't ticket you for riding through NPR though could they? For the same reasons as a speed camera. They would need to prove it was you on the bike which is nigh on impossible with a helmet on.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    How different is your ZX6R in appearance to any of the present or recent Ninja/Z650 LAM approved bikes?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    How different is your ZX6R in appearance to any of the present or recent Ninja/Z650 LAM approved bikes?
    To the untrained eye, probably not much but they definitely look more aggressive and it has an M4 exhaust which is loud. The policewoman was obviously into motorbikes as she said she heard me and it sounded nice.

The only issue is that they will run my plates and you can see (L) on my profile, and (F) on the bike's category. Niggly.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    There's been a post in a FB group about cops targeting riders without a full licence on non-LAMS bikes.

Either this is a new "safety" initiative or they've found another way to pass the time.

There may be some privacy issues though, which the cops never bother about.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    There's been a post in a FB group about cops targeting riders without a full licence on non-LAMS bikes.

Either this is a new "safety" initiative or they've found another way to pass the time.

Sounds like a load of crap to me. The loud exhaust was what caught the polices attention on the OPs bike.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014

Don’t suppose you’d mind screenshotting and sharing the FB thread? Privacy issues due to owner and license coming up attached to the vehicle?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Pro tip, if you have a learners or restricted licence, and you're riding a LAMS bike, then this probably won't be an issue?
    If you have a full licence, then you won't have issues riding a non-LAMS bike? Crazy I know...

Then there is the catch, pulled over by a cop years ago (learner car, full bike), he sights the blue licence, looks at the bike and goes, that's not a 250 is it? When I sort of half stared at him (it was a ZX10R) and confirmed it certainly wasn't, he looked at the licence again and said "ah, you don't see that every day"... but away I went, as full licence = OK on any bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Pro tip, if you have a learners or restricted licence, and you're riding a LAMS bike, then this probably won't be an issue?
    If you have a full licence, then you won't have issues riding a non-LAMS bike? Crazy I know...

Then there is the catch, pulled over by a cop years ago (learner car, full bike), he sights the blue licence, looks at the bike and goes, that's not a 250 is it? When I sort of half stared at him (it was a ZX10R) and confirmed it certainly wasn't, he looked at the licence again and said "ah, you don't see that every day"... but away I went, as full licence = OK on any bike
    And this is "Get training"

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

You must be fun at parties.

Thread Information