Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis referendum.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The herb they sell here in Oregon’s dispensary’s blows your head off. It is cheap, readily available, legal and fucking strong.
    Some good shit getting smoked here, too, judging by the confusion in recent posts.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    no not cannabis,but the pandemic.I am sure that no one would have thought that their response would be so chaotic.The difference between theory and practise
    You are in the wrong thread...

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Some good shit getting smoked here, too, judging by the confusion in recent posts.
    Gotta wonder how it will affect northlands economy too eh? I spend most of my week in mangonui and it is pretty easy to spot the stoners and drugheads cruising about the place esp when sitting at the eateries in mangonui. Seatbelts? Voluntary once you get north of waipapa!

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The herb they sell here in Oregon’s dispensary’s blows your head off. It is cheap, readily available, legal and fucking strong.
    I think you'll find it's dispensaries.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I think you'll find it's dispensaries.
    Thank you professor.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Yes, I think that's exactly what TDL was suggesting.
    It's amazing how accurately my posts are interpreted when it's not a subject where there is disagreement....

To add to this - there seems to me to be a golden opportunity to bring certain communities or segments of communities back into 'polite society', to reset their view of the Police and the Government, to use the generated Tax Revenue for improving those areas that haven't had a lot of love etc.

Get it right - and I think the improvements will be massive,
    Get it wrong - and it will be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If he is not aware of ALL the rules and conditions proposed ... and the actual reality of the new laws (not yet written in it's final form yet) he may not.

Add several Government taxes to any product (like alcohol and Tobacco) and sold commercially ... and it won't be cheap.

A huge tax income for the country for sure.
    It will likely be modeled after existing Alcohol laws - minimum age, driving restrictions, probably 50% or more Tax, licences required for the selling and growing - maybe provisions for 'home brewing', probably a restriction on concentrated products (like Oil, Hash etc.)

Even if the new law is badly written (and I give that a strong possibility of occurring), it's still long overdue. IMO
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    the current "Suppliers" prices may actually be cheaper than those legal sales outlets. .
    Bootleg liquor is cheaper than the Bottle-O, So why doesn't everyone go Bootleg?

Because it's an unnecessary risk for a product that doesn't have the implied official seal of authenticity on it. If it's Bootleg, I've got no guarantee if it's the genuine article or has been tampered with in any way and if it all goes badly, I have no recourse.

Whereas if I go to a Liqour Store and buy a Legit product, I've got a number of guarantees (both explicit and implicit) that I'm willing to pay the marked up Tax on, for those safeguards.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Gotta wonder how it will affect northlands economy too eh? I spend most of my week in mangonui and it is pretty easy to spot the stoners and drugheads cruising about the place esp when sitting at the eateries in mangonui. Seatbelts? Voluntary once you get north of waipapa!
    Ages ago, I read something that suggested the (illegal) Economy of Northland was valued at around $4 Billion a year - which if you just charge GST on is $500 Million, Think of all the Bridges, Roads, Social Services etc. that could be provided if that income was taxed....

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Ages ago, I read something that suggested the (illegal) Economy of Northland was valued at around $4 Billion a year - which if you just charge GST on is $500 Million, Think of all the Bridges, Roads, Social Services etc. that could be provided if that income was taxed....
    Given wellingtons experience with Transmission Gully a half a road.....

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Bootleg liquor is cheaper than the Bottle-O, So why doesn't everyone go Bootleg?
    Home brewing is economical ... and plenty of people do it. And they know what goes into it.

The time it takes to produce it is the downside.

Because it's an unnecessary risk for a product that doesn't have the implied official seal of authenticity on it. If it's Bootleg, I've got no guarantee if it's the genuine article or has been tampered with in any way and if it all goes badly, I have no recourse.
    Obviously the risk hasn't deterred the multitude lining up at the various "Outlets" to date. Trust their suppliers quality I would imagine.

Or ... the dope-heads brains are already addled by the shit they've smoked already ... and past caring.

And too lazy (or stoned) to grow their own.

Is that your excuse ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It will likely be modeled after existing Alcohol laws - minimum age, driving restrictions, probably 50% or more Tax, licences required for the selling and growing - maybe provisions for 'home brewing', probably a restriction on concentrated products (like Oil, Hash etc.)
    With the stuff already declared as to policy ... 20 years and over, no driving under the influence of drugs, and commercial production and sales licensed (with added GST). The rest and final decisions to be decided post election ... by the party in power.

The "random" police stops will include a drug test. If your car (or bike) fits the "profile" it will be a given.

Even if the new law is badly written (and I give that a strong possibility of occurring), it's still long overdue. IMO
    No doubt Police will have some "Discretion" with the enforcement policies. How you choose to act or speak (roadside) ... may decide your eventual fate.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Or ... the dope-heads brains are already addled by the shit they've smoked already ... and past caring.

Is that your excuse ...
    If the choice is:

A: Going to my local store, paying $20 for a quality product that hasn't been laced with anything
    vs
    B: Going to a Tinny House, potentially getting Robbed, paying $20 for a product of Dubious Quality

Then which do you think most people will opt for? Especially when Option A incurs no attention from the Local Blue Hat Mafia, whereas Option B is.

To most people, even the most Chronic of Chronic Stoners, it's not even a choice.

As for my Excuse: It's been years since I've dabbled and the time and place where potentially I could dabble doesn't come around very often. I don't homebrew because I don't like Beer or Wine, I have been tempted on occasion to try Distillation, but my understanding is that distilling Spirits (even if for personal use) isn't legal and even if it was - the items required to get a working distillation setup exceeds my give-a-fuck-o-meter for the 1 or so Bottles of Vodka I drink a year.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    If the choice is:

A: Going to my local store, paying $20 for a quality product that hasn't been laced with anything
    vs
    B: Going to a Tinny House, potentially getting Robbed, paying $20 for a product of Dubious Quality

Then which do you think most people will opt for? Especially when Option A incurs no attention from the Local Blue Hat Mafia, whereas Option B is.

To most people, even the most Chronic of Chronic Stoners, it's not even a choice.
    Have a look at the number of times booze gets taxed ... and I doubt any drug sales/production will be taxed any less.

Getting a decent (sized) cup of coffee costs a bit nowadays ... A few licensed joints (pun intended) would sell you a smoke for $20 at least. I'm guessing more ... but time will tell.

I wonder if commercially made dope smokes will be a thing ... a business opportunity there maybe ...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Not quite. 100% of those that smoke it support the changes.

Wrong. I know plenty of smokers who don't want the laws changed.

dope-heads
    the dope-heads brains are already addled by the shit they've smoked already ... and past caring.

Interested to know if anyone who smokes marijuana is a 'dope-head' to you? Sure I know there are plenty of lazy stupid people who use weed. But on the flipside I can also name dozens of people I know personally who partake regularly yet are incredibly successful both financially and in their personal lives. People who live a normal life but yet like to relax with a smoke. Dope-head and other similar descriptions talk to me more about the person saying these things than those they are trying to put down. And yes these terms are put downs. I've been a smoker most of my adult life, as are a lot of my friends, it's funny to hear people tell me 'no you don't smoke dope' when they find out I do, just because I don't fit their naive perception of a 'typical pot-smoker'. Not that one actually exists.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Do you drink alcohol?

Thread Information