Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis referendum.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Weird that they continually tell us all to "not judge a group by the actions of a minority". Dog owners, muslims, etc but expect the exact opposite when firearm's owners are involved.
    You left out "Motorcyclists" ... your point is ... ??

Just saying ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Weird that they continually tell us all to "not judge a group by the actions of a minority". Dog owners, muslims, etc but expect the exact opposite when firearm's owners are involved.
    Question: how many non gun owners have shot people?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Well the voters have spoken, hopefully this is the deathnell for about half the Green Party vote base.
    Quite an interesting result given that just about EVERY user would have dragged themselves in to vote yes, and a lot of non users wouldn’t have been worried about it either way as there were major pros and cons both ways.
    Has saved a lot of people their jobs as most employers were not going to be changing their policy’s as just like alcohol you can’t define a safe level of impairment.
    Did you not notice the results? It was pretty close to 1/2. I'd not be betting the same results in 10 years when the churches money is greatly reduced as more people stop giving money to a dopey religion of hatred.

Thats all they believe in. Hate.

And more brown people will be prosecuted in that time.

And I've never smoked. I'm just not as closed minded.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    A better question, how many people Have been illegally shot by licenced firearms owners?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    A better question, how many people Have been illegally shot by licenced firearms owners?
    51 recently ... have you forgotten already ??

If even one Licensed firearms owner can ... there is a chance another may do so.

And ... as I understand ... it's still illegal to shoot anybody in New Zealand. Having a firearms license (and shooting somebody) does not reduce the resulting sentence in any way.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That isn't a better question at all. Answer my first one.

Bike
    That isn't a better question at all. Answer my first one.
    Simple, Shit Loads, who actually believes that the scumbags that shoot at police have ever had a firearms licence.
    FJ, was not saying it doesn't happen, it does, shouldn't,, but it does. Numerically though almost all of the reported shootings we've seen year in and year out have been criminals/unlicensed users, using guns to kill people without remorse or thought for consequence, while those of us who take care of our equipment and cherish our privilege to own and use firearms are forever bing bashed over the head with govt directives to hand in otherwise perfectly safe firearms.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Did you not notice the results? It was pretty close to 1/2. I'd not be betting the same results in 10 years when the churches money is greatly reduced as more people stop giving money to a dopey religion of hatred.

Thats all they believe in. Hate.

And more brown people will be prosecuted in that time.

And I've never smoked. I'm just not as closed minded.
    What are you smoking? Religion doesn’t come into this debate at all. And you thrown in the race card which is not a factor in the vote either, lots of them at our local churches too FYI

According to popular opinion lots of people in NZ smoke weed at times. Very few of them come to the attention of the police. Like everything else it’s the attitude test and what else you doing at time.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Lots as most illegally acquired/stolen so not really legal owners

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    That’s the paradigm of the extreme left virtue signalling to buy votes from minorities.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    fuckface christchurch killer was a licenced firearm owner.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    That’s the paradigm of the extreme left virtue signalling to buy votes from minorities.
    What a lot of shit. "extreme left virtue signalling" my hairy arse. Also your reference to "minorities" is an interesting one. Care to expand on that Obergruppenfuhrer?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    fuckface christchurch killer was a licenced firearm owner.
    Yes he was, an unknown foreign national who was not vetted correctly by NZ Police, no face to face with family members or a long time friend/associate, they took the word of another foreign national residing in Australia and a random person here in NZ who said they knew him from a forum on the internet, never actually met him. As I understand it they did not even do a home check or make sure he had a compliant safe/cabinet.
    Then they issued a Firearms Licence.
    Wrong on every level.
    If it's to blame someone, start with the NZ Police firearms officer whose job it is, to thoroughly test as best they can any applicants sanity, mind set,their nominated family members and friends who are supposed to be long time associates, then the minister of Police, then the govt, all of whom have quietly not mentioned that they knew this person was not correctly vetted and could not have got a firearms licence under any normal circumstances.
    I don't know the answer to this, but Did the NZ Police check with their Ozzie counterparts? had they, they might still have refused his application.
    It has happened, most New Zealanders cry foul and agree with tougher regulations, so do most firearms licence holders, once it is explained to the general public that no can get a licence without being vetted as I've outlined above, they ask the Question!
    How did this happen?
    When it is explained that all of the authorities involved in this tragedy have kept a dirty little secret, they are justifiably outraged, our authorities let this happen, make them apologise to the families of the people sensely killed by a maniac with a gun, who got it from a slack NZ Police system, at the very least.
    I've not got emotional or gone off track with this reply HD, as I know them, the above are facts, all can be checked.
    As I've said before, some licenced firearms holders have used their legally owned firearms to commit murder, not many, and when you consider the number of firearms owned by the law abiding, as a group we do exceptionally well at vetting ourselves our friends and contemporaries without any prompting by authorities.

We've gone completely off topic here, so back to it.
    Good result, no stupid young pups getting their heads full of smoke and going to work, just to give it to the man

Bike
    husaberg
    Yes he was,
    As was David Gray before him 1990
    As was stan Graham 1941
    Jan Molenaar 2009 had held general and collector's firearms licenses but was one of the 50,000 who saw them expire in 2002. he killed one and injured three
    Rarimu - A police sergeant tried to have Neville Anderson's firearms licence revoked in the year before the Raurimu massacre. Stephen Anderson used his father Neville's shotgun to kill six people, including his father, in the central North Island Raurimu 1997
    Brian Schlaepfer had a firearms licence yet he killed 7 in 1992
    Bain family both David and his father had gun liciences.1994

You also can state what happened with the CHCH killer license are facts as the information has not been released.

ps whether by a licensed gun owner or not all were shot "illegally" other than the murders themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Yes he was, an unknown foreign national who was not vetted correctly by NZ Police
    BUT ... at the time of the shooting ... a full legally licensed firearms owner.

The real issue is ... how many others out there ... got their license in exactly the same way ... ???

Thread Information