Thread: Girlie Biker new here!

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015

Girlie Biker new here!

Hi all,
    I ride a Blue Suzuki 2015 GN125H, just got my learners license on her.
    I'm Super excited to get started riding on the roads around Canterbury, Any suggestions?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Welcome. The Akoroa road and the Port Hills are always fun. I'd keep as far away from the major routes. Grab a map and just Tiki tour around. Got any mates with motorcycles?

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Welcome. The Akoroa road and the Port Hills are always fun. I'd keep as far away from the major routes. Grab a map and just Tiki tour around. Got any mates with motorcycles?
    Thank you for the suggestions!
    I do not have any mates with bikes yet but I'm hoping to make some once I get out more.

Bike
    suzuki
    they may be fun but both busy and challenging roads for a learner. head inland, get some miles under your belt first, there's plenty of uncluttered roads of various levels to get you used to riding and comfortable first.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The three Gorges are right on your doorstep. The Akaroa and Port hill runs are fun and I've ridden them hundreds of times but on weekends there is a huge amount of traffic that can be dodgy at the best of times. Still ride them but keep your wits about you.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    The three Gorges are right on your doorstep. The Akaroa and Port hill runs are fun and I've ridden them hundreds of times but on weekends there is a huge amount of traffic that can be dodgy at the best of times. Still ride them but keep your wits about you.
    Thank you for the advice!
    Definitely grateful for the beautiful roads around here.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    they may be fun but both busy and challenging roads for a learner. head inland, get some miles under your belt first, there's plenty of uncluttered roads of various levels to get you used to riding and comfortable first.
    Thank you, I appreciate your response greatly.
    Plenty of good roads around Oxford and Rangiora that I can get confident on.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Nice choice of bike to learn on. Nimble. light, easy to pick up if you have a woopsie and parts are easy to get. I'd get the handle bars replaced if you find them too high. One with around a 1" to 2" rise suite them better giving you a slight forward lean. Better for your back.

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015
    Nice choice of bike to learn on. Nimble. light, easy to pick up if you have a woopsie and parts are easy to get. I'd get the handle bars replaced if you find them too high. One with around a 1" to 2" rise suite them better giving you a slight forward lean. Better for your back.
    She was exactly what I was looking for with the money I had to spend.
    My BHST instructor suggested changing the handle bars as did my dad, I should definitely get around to it!

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Now is also the time to get to know how to do some simple basic maintenance tasks such as oil/fither changes, drive chain adjustment and if you are really keen tappet adjustments. GNs are sooo simple to work on. Pdfs of the workshop manual should be available online but there is nothing like having a paper copy next to you. Haynes or Clymer ones will be just the ticket.

The skills are transferable to bigger capacity multi cylinder motorcycles.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by PaesliSkye View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate your response greatly.
    Plenty of good roads around Oxford and Rangiora that I can get confident on.
    Through the Ashley Gorge to Loburn and back down 72 is a good run with normally minimal traffic, or turn off at Sefton and back across to German road and it only takes a couple of hours out of the day
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Stick to the quiet roads while you build your skills and confidence. Unfortunately many motorists are not sympathetic to learners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information