Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Helmet cam / bike cam

  1. #16
    Join Date
    15th February 2017 - 13:17
    Bike
    BMW G310GS
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I had a guy on a Bronze course a couple of years back who insisted on using a helmet cam while out on the course. He was a fairly new rider, and sold it to me as a crash prevention measure. I had no objection to him using it, and I still don't, free world, all that sort of thing.

    Out on the ride it was immediately obvious that he was so busy chasing good footage that he was riding like a plonker. He even got unnecessarily close to a car at one stage, to make it look like it was their issue.

    The bike I have had a dash cam fitted when I got it. It runs when the bike is running. I've never looked at the footage. Perhaps if it all goes wrong I might, but I don't give the camera a second thought. I think that might be the best way.
    I have bike mounted 2 channel dashcam (Innovv K2). It runs exactly as you describe. There is no screen to get distracted. I don't look at the footage, it's just there. It actually has parking mode as well, starts recording if bike is bumped.

    Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Location
    Papakowhai
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    I have bike mounted 2 channel dashcam (Innovv K2). It runs exactly as you describe. There is no screen to get distracted. I don't look at the footage, it's just there. It actually has parking mode as well, starts recording if bike is bumped.

    Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    Its remarkable how few near misses I've had since I stopped riding like a plonker.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    19th March 2009 - 10:54
    Bike
    Big money wasters
    Location
    PAPAKURA
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Its remarkable how few near misses I've had since I stopped riding like a plonker.
    When did you ride like a plonker? Auckland City Council Traffic would of stopped that many years ago.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Nonda A Frecking Twin DCT
    Location
    Dorkland
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGSER View Post
    When did you ride like a plonker? Auckland City Council Traffic would of stopped that many years ago.
    Good God ! Rastus, are ewe that Old?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  5. #20
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Location
    Papakowhai
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Good God ! Rastus, are ewe that Old?
    Yup, ACC traffic until MoT took over, than the Blue Suit Gang took over.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Nonda A Frecking Twin DCT
    Location
    Dorkland
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Yup, ACC traffic until MoT took over, than the Blue Suit Gang took over.
    Wow, that's really Really highlighting how long it's been since my days of interacting with ACC TO's.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  7. #22
    Join Date
    13th July 2008 - 20:48
    Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Location
    Papakowhai
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Wow, that's really Really highlighting how long it's been since my days of interacting with ACC TO's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 and 57.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	347628

    The good old days. Me on the left. MoT, not long after the takeover, my mate has his ACC number still on his helmet.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Nonda A Frecking Twin DCT
    Location
    Dorkland
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 and 57.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	347628

    The good old days. Me on the left. MoT, not long after the takeover, my mate has his ACC number still on his helmet.
    Ha, a falcoon, nothing changes.Cept those awesome threads.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  9. #24
    Join Date
    9th August 2008 - 17:12
    Bike
    Suzuki K7 GSXR-600
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    11
    Blog Entries
    4

    Thumbs up ACC Traffic

    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40 and 57.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	347628

    The good old days. Me on the left. MoT, not long after the takeover, my mate has his ACC number still on his helmet.
    good bunch of guys & gals ACC Traffic - remember an elite squad of riders, good camaraderie.

    (ex Parking)

  10. #25
    Join Date
    19th March 2005 - 18:55
    Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Location
    BongoCongistan.
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I had a guy on a Bronze course a couple of years back who insisted on using a helmet cam while out on the course. He was a fairly new rider, and sold it to me as a crash prevention measure. I had no objection to him using it, and I still don't, free world, all that sort of thing.
    Yeah, right. Your posting history suggests you're not the sort of f**king rider-supporting hero that you claim to be. Sod off, Swampy. Go cuddle up to Chris Cahill. You know you want to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •