Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: the clean two-stroke thread

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Cylinder bolted up to the old set of cases.
    Yes it going to be a tall engine alright, but it will fit in the YZF 250 frame. Good enough to be a technology demonstrator. Next one will lay much flatter with the gearbox and clutch wrapped around the cylinder.
    Yes, we'll let you off regarding the height - we understand!
    The transfers do intrigue me but seem quite sensible, especially if there is no longer any "Schneurle" involved! - but the injector bill is going to be colossal! .... unless you settle for every other port! ?? (of course I could have totally got the wrong end of the stick!).
    Last edited by WilDun; 29th July 2020 at 18:17. Reason: needed to simplify
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    Your Productivity is Embarrassing to mere mortals!
    Ive got something to prove and this is the only way I know how.
    And I gave my YZ away to my daughter so now all I've got is a big old TT500 to ride, or it rides me. So its hell for leather to get another trail bike up and running. Just it will be a bit different.
    Could always get the mk2 TPI 360 running, its still just sitting on the dyno. With a cover over it. I am suitably ashamed of myself.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Yes, we'll let you off regarding the height - we understand!
    The transfers do intrigue me but seem quite sensible, especially if going straight across (ie not raised, - 0 deg and not tangential) but the injector bill is going to be colossal! .... unless you settle for every other port! ??
    The transfers are one of the key elements of this new design, three will have injectors, three not.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    The transfers are one of the key elements of this new design, three will have injectors, three not.

BTW, as you appear to be still going to use crankcase pumping, how will you be transferring air from the exhaust cylinder ("pump") to the cylinder "transfer" ports - I mean, will it be pumped into the other crankcase first? ..... or is that classified info?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI

BTW, as you appear to be still going to use crankcase pumping, how will you be transferring air from the exhaust cylinder ("pump") to the cylinder "transfer" ports - I mean, will it be pumped into the other crankcase first? ..... or is that classified info?
    It is, Will D.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    On to the pistons next, special shape and composite construction. 48mm dia.
    Im just useing two times AG 100 cranks and KT 100 rods, as I have them. 48mm stroke.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    On to the pistons next, special shape and composite construction. 48mm dia.
    Im just useing two times AG 100 cranks and KT 100 rods, as I have them. 48mm stroke.
    Both pistons the same construction? - guess they'll be designed able to stand combustion heat better! - no doubt it'll all become clear soon!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Both pistons the same construction? - guess they'll be designed able to stand combustion heat better! - no doubt it'll all become clear soon!
    Um, no. Hot piston and cold piston will be different construction. Cold one will be semi traditional, hot one, space age. To not accept heat, help transfer heat that does get in, not expand unfavorably and not glow red hot to promote detonation.
    Although some control of this may help HCCI in the future.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Um, no. Hot piston and cold piston will be different construction. Cold one will be semi traditional, hot one, space age. To not accept heat, help transfer heat that does get in, not expand unfavorably and not glow red hot to promote detonation.
    That's great, but I won't bug you about all the details - glad to hear that HCCI is still somewhere around though - I was just thinking the other day and wondering if it had been tossed in the "too hard basket" (by everyone).
    Mazda's effort doesn't seem to be raising peoples' enthusiasm much and anyway most people who buy vehicles wouldn't notice, care or even be slightly interested if it was powering their vehicles or not - they'd be much more interested in looking cool and checking whether the seat colours matched the steering wheel! - what the bloody hell are we becoming?
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    hot one, space age. To not accept heat, help transfer heat that does get in, not expand unfavorably and not glow red hot to promote detonation.
    In the interest of Green, Environmentally Sensitive & Responsible 2 strokes, are you going to be Sequestering some Carbon in the hot piston structure?...

Cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Is it a step forward or is it a step back?
    Peugeot already marketed the TSDI that used Orbital technology.
    Because now it changes to Low Pressure Direct Injection system (LPDI)

https://www.motoservices.com/actuali...a-oct-2018.htm

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    Is it a step forward or is it a step back?
    Peugeot already marketed the TSDI that used Orbital technology.
    Because now it changes to Low Pressure Direct Injection system (LPDI)
    Slippery Step Sideways!

Large manufactures are always looking for the lowest cost solution that will achieve whatever minimum standard is required by legislators.

Save $a per unit x bb,bbb units = More $ for Directors bonuses!....

On a technical note, they are injecting into/across the boost port flow, to get it up the top and keep well away from the exhaust. Good idea.
    Hard to tell, but they could also inject back into the crankcase through a boost window in the piston??...perhaps for Maximum rpm, high demand situations.
    A really cynical person might think it's a duel compliance system (ala VW). None of those people around here!

Cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    Daelim besbi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    Slippery Step Sideways!

Large manufactures are always looking for the lowest cost solution that will achieve whatever minimum standard is required by legislators.

Save $a per unit x bb,bbb units = More $ for Directors bonuses!....

On a technical note, they are injecting into/across the boost port flow, to get it up the top and keep well away from the exhaust. Good idea.
    Hard to tell, but they could also inject back into the crankcase through a boost window in the piston??...perhaps for Maximum rpm, high demand situations.
    A really cynical person might think it's a duel compliance system (ala VW). None of those people around here!

Cheers, Daryl.
    Hi Daryl.

The LPDI may be a rival to the TPI?.
    Sherco and Beta have shown interest in this type of injection, they will get to market it now that Peugeot is going to do it

https://e-l.unifi.it/pluginfile.php/...SI-2T_LPDI.pdf

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Quote Originally Posted by ceci View Post
    Hi Daryl.

The LPDI may be a rival to the TPI?.
    Sherco and Beta have shown interest in this type of injection, they will get to market it now that Peugeot is going to do it

https://e-l.unifi.it/pluginfile.php/...SI-2T_LPDI.pdf
    Interesting presentation!
    LPDI Injection under the piston can give a stratified push through the boost port, if that works it is quite an advantage if it really works. Can also increase the application to really high performance/RPM applications?
    As I understand it PFI will not get the PM emssions legislation under EURO5, but DI will. So maybe TPI is still competitive not at least only for this reason, if the HC can be kept under control.
    What is the best solution or combination of solutions, for the highest performance applications using +9-1000k RPM? To avoid injecting fuel into crankcase that then ends up in the A-ports? Because a tuned exhaust will not be able to push all the short cut air-fuel bacK? If we look at EURO 5 it is very tough on HC emissions..

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Yes Interesting Presentation,
    Much more of a Sales Brochure than a technical paper.

The Peugeot FI seems to be based on the Graz design rather than the Forentina

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graz lpdci.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	346597

Cheers, Daryl

Thread Information