Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well that hurt. I've been coned!

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    I was following a truck on the M1 in the UK on my GP100C around 1980. There was a line of cones and the truck in front started taking them all out and they were flying everywhere. Somehow they managed to miss me - they were literally flying all around. I was very lucky. I don't like cones.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    I was following a truck on the M1 in the UK on my GP100C around 1980. There was a line of cones and the truck in front started taking them all out and they were flying everywhere. Somehow they managed to miss me - they were literally flying all around. I was very lucky. I don't like cones.
    Scary. I probably give them too much attention now. Need to dial back on the paranoia but it's not easy.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    kb

its ok

brother oaktree, we have all been there mate

Bike
    nightrod

Slow down in the cones

Sounds like you were riding through a Contraflow pal. A roadworks site for those that are unaware of the terminology. Please make sure you slow down when riding through road sites - the cones are there for a reason. Just don’t want to see anyone get hurt please and we all play along to the rules. (Road sites are typically restricted to 20-30kph).

Glad you’re safe and made it out rather unscathed. That’s a lesson learnt bud. Onwards and upwards. Thanks.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Sounds like you were riding through a Contraflow pal. A roadworks site for those that are unaware of the terminology. Please make sure you slow down when riding through road sites - the cones are there for a reason. Just don’t want to see anyone get hurt please and we all play along to the rules. (Road sites are typically restricted to 20-30kph).

Glad you’re safe and made it out rather unscathed. That’s a lesson learnt bud. Onwards and upwards. Thanks.
    Don't know what it's called but the signs were out saying 50kph and that's what I was doing. (Dark at 5.40am plus wet and foggy so no future in going too fast). The road is actually a motorway, normally 80kph(?) but has been at 50kph in that part for months.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Don't know what it's called but the signs were out saying 50kph and that's what I was doing. (Dark at 5.40am plus wet and foggy so no future in going too fast). The road is actually a motorway, normally 80kph(?) but has been at 50kph in that part for months.
    Ok. I see..

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Now this is getting coned!!!!

Traffic blocking Antifa terrorist gets coned

https://thedonald.win/p/GvYWGHYn/antifa-gets-coned/c/
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information