Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching COVID twice?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    As fear builds more tests are conducted so obviously more allegedly positive (the PCR test is known for false positives and the inventor went to his grave regretting what he had unleashed) cases are reported.
    That's the exact opposite of the situation as I've read it repeatedly. The tests produce too many false negatives.

Your comment looks close to the Donald Trump theory of pandemic response, "If we do less testing we'll have less cases."

Using that logic no worried teen should ever do a pregnancy test.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That's the exact opposite of the situation as I've read it repeatedly. The tests produce too many false negatives.

Your comment looks close to the Donald Trump theory of pandemic response, "If we do less testing we'll have less cases."

Using that logic no worried teen should ever do a pregnancy test.
    Do you have any evidence of the false negatives?

Love the teen analogy as pregnancy testing doesn’t stop young ladies from getting pregnant or getting pregnant again lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Do you have any evidence of the false negatives?
    Type "US Covid tests: false negatives" into the search engine of your choice. There should be heaps. One scary item mentions that including both false negatives, and false positives, the error rate is about 50%.

You need to mention the US because Trump decided the US should manufacture their own tests rather than use what everybody else uses.
    Subsequently it seems, Trump's tests are as accurate as a coin toss.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Type "US Covid tests: false negatives" into the search engine of your choice. There should be heaps. One scary item mentions that including both false negatives, and false positives, the error rate is about 50%.

You need to mention the US because Trump decided the US should manufacture their own tests rather than use what everybody else uses.
    Subsequently it seems, Trump's tests are as accurate as a coin toss.
    pritch have you not learnt anything the four years of posting dribble in the 2016 US presidential Election thread?

It is you, the accuser, who is to supply credible and verifiable sources not the rest of the KB members to go down that rabit hole.

HTH

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Yes, people have caught it twice, and apparently it's more severe 2nd time around.....
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
    The vaccine has an issue, and there's a new variant that's what the number of cases spikes up. I guess our safety really depends on us.

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMax View Post
    Yes, this is the worst thing. People, who have just recovered, have nothing to worry about only for 3 or 4 months (I don't remember exactly). Then they can get Coronavirus again. I do hope the vaccination will solve this problem.
    no it doesn't front line worker who's been vaccinated tests positive a month later, so no point in getting the vaccination unless you really want it, comes down to choice
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMax View Post
    Yes, this is the worst thing. People, who have just recovered, have nothing to worry about only for 3 or 4 months (I don't remember exactly). Then they can get Coronavirus again. I do hope the vaccination will solve this problem.
    The only certainty in life ... is death. With or without (or by) Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-over-covid-19
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
    no it doesn't front line worker who's been vaccinated tests positive a month later, so no point in getting the vaccination unless you really want it, comes down to choice
    Information from the front lines suggests otherwise. People who have been vaccinated can get COVID but are not badly affected. There really is no choice, if you want to keep yourself and your family safe, you will get vaccinated.

There is a huge amount of bullshit about the vaccinations. At this stage we have no choice but to trust the experts.

I've posted this JPG before but it fits here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6CKl5EVUAMIknY.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	349426  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Today we are going to do a refresher in maths for the hard of thinking.

Let's say we have 100 people who get vaccinated with a 97% effective vaccine. Then expose them to the virus.

Ok I know this is difficult. Can you make a prediction of how many will likely get sick?.

a) no one, - if the vaccine worked
    b) all of them because the fuckn vaccine doesnt work I read on the internet
    c) my brain hurts, cant I just go back to spouting misinformation?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Let's say we have 100 people who get vaccinated with a 97% effective vaccine. Then expose them to the virus.

Ok I know this is difficult. Can you make a prediction of how many will likely get sick?.

You forget anti vax math is different
    A Test used wide wide for all sorts of disease that has 99% success in accuracy detecting it, is great and to be trusted, unless used for detecting a disease that can be vaccinated against then it's not accurate enough.

Natural immunity
    If you wanted to gain immunity to measles, for example, by contracting the disease, you would face a 1 in 500 chance of death from your symptoms. In contrast, the number of people who have had severe allergic reactions from an MMR vaccine, is less than one-in-one million. but for antivaxers the risk of vacination is to large..

The vaccine reduces the risk of transmission, probably by 60 to 80 percent. no one claims its 100%
    but they are concerned about a research paper written by a convicted fraudster that has been 100% debunked shown to used made up data and never able to be repeated for 2 decades.

Covid has a mortality rate of 1-3% that's very low for an antivaxer to warrant vaccination. Yet somehow a death rate to vaccines of 1000 times lower is too high to risk vaccinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Information from the front lines suggests otherwise. People who have been vaccinated can get COVID but are not badly affected. There really is no choice, if you want to keep yourself and your family safe, you will get vaccinated.

There is a huge amount of bullshit about the vaccinations. At this stage we have no choice but to trust the experts.

I've posted this JPG before but it fits here.
    still comes down to choice pritch
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

I know, let's look at some of the latest studies, yes, published on the internet, and see what they're saying...

Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy declined from 96% to 84% four months after second dose, company reports

"During the blinded, controlled period of the study, 15 vaccine recipients and 14 placebo recipients died. In the open label period, three Pfizer recipients and two original placebo recipients who received Pfizer after unblinding died. Investigators concluded that none of these deaths was considered to be related to the vaccine."
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I know, let's look at some of the latest studies, yes, published on the internet, and see what they're saying...

Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy declined from 96% to 84% four months after second dose, company reports

"During the blinded, controlled period of the study, 15 vaccine recipients and 14 placebo recipients died. In the open label period, three Pfizer recipients and two original placebo recipients who received Pfizer after unblinding died. Investigators concluded that none of these deaths was considered to be related to the vaccine."
    You do realize that vaccines' efficacy declines as a virus mutates. Alsoand that 84 percent is a lot higher than 0%. 84% higher in fact.
    The delta variant of the coronavirus now accounts for 82% of new COVID-19 cases in the U.S.

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine on July 21 by Public Health England, for example, found that after the two recommended doses, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in preventing symptomatic disease in the U.K. fell only slightly, to 88.0% against delta from 93.7% against the alpha variant — another more contagious version of the virus, known as B.1.1.7, that previously predominated in the country. The authors, however, noted that a larger decline and lower effectiveness was observed after a single dose, underscoring the importance of receiving both immunizations.
    In an unpublished study that has not yet been peer reviewed, the U.K. health agency also found the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was very effective at preventing hospitalization with the delta variant, reducing the risk by 94% after one dose and by 96% after two.

Other countries have reported similar preliminary results. In an unpublished study from Ontario, Canada, researchers estimated the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine against symptomatic infection with delta to be 87% after two doses, while a report from Scotland, published in the British medical journal the Lancet, pegged the figure at 79% for infection with delta.

The Canadian report also found that one dose of the Moderna vaccine was 70% effective in preventing symptomatic disease and 95% effective in preventing hospitalization or death; there were too few COVID-19 cases among the vaccinated to estimate the effectiveness after two doses.
    Meanwhile, in Israel, the health ministry released preliminary, unpublished information on July 5 suggesting that with the rise of the delta variant in the nation, the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was now 64% effective against infection or symptomatic illness, but still 93% effective in preventing serious illness and hospitalization.
    US Flu vaccine effectiveness
    by start year
    2004 10%
    2005 21%
    2006 52%
    2007 37%
    2008 41%
    2009 56%
    2010 60%
    2011 47%
    2012 49%
    2013 52%
    2014 19%
    2015 48%
    2016 40%
    2017 38%
    2018 29%
    2019 39%

the MMR vaccine is only about 88% effective against Mumps polio vaccine is generally only about 90% effective, chicken pox only about 88% the HPVis only about 90%
    these are common levels of effectiveness in real world situations.

You also realize that if an equal amount of people died that received a placebo it means nothing. that one of the reasons to have placebos in trails
    also, as investigators concluded that none of these deaths was considered to be related to the vaccine let's assume nothing was related to the vaccine, so why add the deaths.
    Do you know more?

As predicted only a page ago
    Mashy always delivers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mashed POTato head.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	349428
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information