Thread: Fuel tank repair Hamilton

Bike
    2005 Honda CB900

Fuel tank repair Hamilton

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to go in Hamilton to get a dented fuel tank repaired? I did a bit of Googling but no luck..

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    It might be cheaper to look for (a) a second hand one or (b) a new (old stock) one.

Depending on the size of the dent ... (loss of fuel space in the tank) a bit of filler and repaint might be more expensive and not as good as a "new" unmolested one.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2005 Honda CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It might be cheaper to look for (a) a second hand one or (b) a new (old stock) one.

Depending on the size of the dent ... (loss of fuel space in the tank) a bit of filler and repaint might be more expensive and not as good as a "new" unmolested one.
    Thanks mate. Yeah I've been looking around for one but no luck so far - it's not a super common bike (CB1300).

It's a fairly small dent, probably 2cm deep (stationery drop by the last owner), so I'm thinking a repair should do the trick hopefully. I just have no idea who'd be able to do it.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
    Thanks mate. Yeah I've been looking around for one but no luck so far - it's not a super common bike (CB1300).

It's a fairly small dent, probably 2cm deep (stationery drop by the last owner), so I'm thinking a repair should do the trick hopefully. I just have no idea who'd be able to do it.
    Take it to a panelbeater (Full or part time). Ask how much. And go from there. The big places sometimes use part timers if they get busy. Or they might know somebody ...

You have to start somewhere.

And I know there is a few CB1300's down here.

Get a bike wrecker to do a search for you ... maybe.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport

Resene dog colour match up cans for around $45 which will coat a whole car door panel twice, a can of primer $15 and a bit of bog and sandpaper plus a bit of your time....Just don't rush it.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport

Resene Automotive for co;our matching that is.

Bike
    suzuki
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to go in Hamilton to get a dented fuel tank repaired? I did a bit of Googling but no luck..

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    plastic alloy steel or what?

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Give Mark Hatton a call. He's in Frankton. He's a top notch painter of motorcycles and panel beater by trade. Mainly Motorcycles. Ph 0274 856843

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Give Mark Hatton a call. He's in Frankton. He's a top notch painter of motorcycles and panel beater by trade. Mainly Motorcycles. Ph 0274 856843
    it's easy to work out which one he is, he looks like a ventriloquist doll.

Bike
    2005 Honda CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    Thanks mate! Will do that tomorrow.

Thread Information