Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Yeah, had you down as a Facebook user.
    Well I'm not smart arse.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Exactly. I used to get the odd moment of guilt about the new bikes I've bought over the years but now I realise it was absolutely the right choice every time. You don't know when your numbers up so enjoy life while you can, while still fit and able to play with toys. You can't enjoy them once 6 foot under or incapacitated with old age in a rest home. Better to look back with fond memories of this or that bike, not stare at a pointless bank balance from your walking frame.
    Yep exactly! No point getting old and then thinking you might finally buy a brand new bike and not be able to enjoy it!
    I also get a lot of satisfaction from the rebuilds I have done but to be honest, when they are finished, I don't want to ride them. The older bikes totally show their age compared to the current available machinery...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2019 KTM Duke 790
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Yep exactly! No point getting old and then thinking you might finally buy a brand new bike and not be able to enjoy it!
    I also get a lot of satisfaction from the rebuilds I have done but to be honest, when they are finished, I don't want to ride them. The older bikes totally show their age compared to the current available machinery...
    Yep, restoring/building and riding are two separate sides of the same coin. I used to love fettling older bikes but now I'm in my 70's, riding is the number 1 priority whilst I'm still competent to do so. I want something new that I can just jump on with no hassle. All a matter of your interest and priorities at a given time of your life I guess.

Thread Information