Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this happen often? First time.....

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
    You're inferring a lot of information from this post and taking OP's word for it a lot more than most of us are willing to do.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and I came down in the last shower, I'm thinking this OP, a 125 GN rider, isn't exactly an experienced rider and was genuinely asking the question and of course looking for some succor and reassurance, only to be shot to shit by fellow motorcyclists.
    No I don't believe that I've read too much into the OP's post. I read what he said in his posts, I've seen exactly this sort of thing happen before and I've been instrumental in making sure some car drivers don't get to do this sort of shit again, for some time.
    I'm not a cager driver hater, but I have seen a lot of Entitled little shits do what they want regardless of consequence, simply because they've never been taken to task.
    I truly believe that most KBérs would have first, expressed some sympathy, then if they felt it necessary, asked questions. Perhaps then they might have called BULLSHIT!
    Even then,I'd first side with the OP.
    Their question, was after all, does this happen often?
    Todays answer, is,yes (and if you think I'm not right about this, get back on your bike and spend 6 or more hours riding in a day, you will have a very definite change of attitude, I'm sure) and it's going to keep happening until the drivers/riders concerned, are brought to task.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Bull shit. The driver opviously had an issui with motorcycles. And no rego and wof ffs. The car should never had been parked where it was in the first place you Dongo.
    Love ya work! I'd give you some green but I see you're currently sulking~!??
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    none yet
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I've seen people do exactly as the OP has described before. It leaves you dumbfounded that someone could be that stupid. So your assertion that it didn't happen the way the OP states it did is plain and simply wrong.
    How exactly can you say I'm "plain and simply wrong" without knowing anything at all about what happened yourself? This is ridiculous.

Made you look

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Bahaha lost my shit at this.

I don't think anyone in the history of motorcycles has ever checked if it was parked in the blindspot of another parked vehicle.

jelly you're a bloody mad man.
    i parked my bike behind one of my tradesmens vans 37 years ago, he backed into it, it was not in a blind spot, but he was only looking for a van. of course the repercussions of taking him to task over it worth worth the grief. Since then i have always taken extra care as whoevers in the right won't help sort things out in some cases.
    I also park my van thinking about the other person being an incompetent driver too simply, as i can't afford my van to be off the road whoevers paying

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Hmm can recall parking my bike on Quay St in the seedy metropolis that is Auckland back in the '80s to go to work and coming back to find someone had moved it (to make space for their car after someone else had moved off). No damage that I could see but pissed me off a bit.

Then there was that time I parked in an out of the way place (I thought) without noticing there was a door in the wall directly behind it which opened outwards...

Then there was the time I parked the bike up somewhere near that Irish pub near Victoria Park and was unable to return to pick it up for a couple of days, quite pleased that it was still there and unmolested when I did.

So no, I don't think it does happen very often.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    At the supermarket I park my car well away from other cars if I can. A little walk can save some grief.

On my bike I'd rather risk a ticket and park on the pavement if there is any doubt. But I'm a Sunday rider so it's not like I'm in a city.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I've seen people do exactly as the OP has described before. It leaves you dumbfounded that someone could be that stupid. So your assertion that it didn't happen the way the OP states it did is plain and simply wrong.
    +1.

I've had a car (in front of me at a petrol station) reverse a full bike-length and run into the front tyre of the Honda while I was busy filling it up. If the driver had just bothered to look in his central mirror first, he could have easily seen a bright red Honda and a rider in a yellow fluoro vest standing alongside.

An interesting challenge, trying to hold the bike enough to try and move it back out of his way - at the same time that you're holding a petrol filling hose.

Fortunately, he stopped just as he gently shunted the Honda's tyre. Probably only because I shouted "Stop" at the top of my lungs as he kept on reversing.

The driver didn't even seem in the slightest bit concerned, and then just drove off. I'm not even sure that he registered contact made.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    At the supermarket I park my car well away from other cars if I can. A little walk can save some grief.

On my bike I'd rather risk a ticket and park on the pavement if there is any doubt.
    Edzackery. A guy, not a motorcyclist, once criticised how I'd parked my bike at the supermarket. He seemed to think I was hogging space. In the middle of the parking space toward the rear of it.

If the bike is at the front of the park it won't be visible to an approaching car and they will quite possibly swoop into what they perceive to be an "empty" parking space. Crunch.

My number plate is in line with the rear plates on the adjacent cars. At the same time the driver sees the cars he, or she, should see the bike.

Like Dave though, if there's some suitable alternate space available I'll use that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    . . .
    , he could have easily seen a bright red Honda and a rider in a yellow fluoro vest standing alongside.

. . . .
    Pictures
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by PaesliSkye View Post
    Small town half of the people are on drugs and the other half high on Jesus, the bogan element is strong here.
    Which half are you in ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I watched exactly the same happen at a Mcdonalds I had a meeting at. Guy in a van looked at a near new Tuono Factory then backed into it and pushed it backwards. It stayed on its stand which supprised us all. Lucky it wasnt in gear.

Van driver didnt get he almost wiped out a bike worth 3 times his van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Pictures
    I'm shy, so sorry I won't be able to oblige. Just let's say it has been commented before that I look like a "big fu****g canary" in my yellow fluoro vest ... 8-)

Bike
    Suzuki GN125H 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Perhaps you should re read the Op's posts, saw him beside his bike, directly behind his car, backed into it/and not to put too fine a point on it, could well have backed over the Op too, was observed by a witness (an off duty Police Constable, no less) The car, (I'd put money on the driver not having a licence or any form of identity on them at any given time, as well) is neither registered or warranted, in other words in today's world, they're Entitled, Don't give a Fuck, cunts!@#$ who should have been euthanised at birth.This because they're already beyond help by the time they do this sort of this.
    OP, perhaps a nice detailed description of this vehicle/occupant(remember I said "Entitled", nothing more and its location at the time of this incident, including the REGO #.
    Then we can all be on the lookout for this arsewipe and perhaps they could suffer some restorative justice at the hands of a motorcyclist or two??
    Cheers for the reply I am a female by the way ..... a young one too .... hence why I called my dad. I was shook up as had never happened before.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by PaesliSkye View Post
    Cheers for the reply I am a female by the way ..... a young one too .... hence why I called my dad. I was shook up as had never happened before.
    Morning.
    You did well (and right) under the circumstances. Glad that you avoided injury.

These types of incidents are always so totally unexpected that they "shock" you, and it takes a wee while to mentally process them. But you'll be fine.

On a similar subject. As you start doing more riding, please do pay careful attention to oncoming vehicles that have stopped in the road centre, wanting to turn across your path.

Even when you think that the oncoming driver has clearly "sighted you" (and they should wait for you to pass before making their turn - because you have right-of-way), sometimes they don't. Sometimes the gap in traffic is just long enough for them to decide to "give it a go".

So please do test out the braking capability on your machine as you gain more confidence, and be ready to stop in these cases.

Cheers.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    What happens? People look directly at and comprehend an expensive vehicle and for no reason according to OP just back directly into it with full understanding of what they just did?

There's either a second side to this story or it didn't happen like this at all.

How exactly can you say I'm "plain and simply wrong" without knowing anything at all about what happened yourself? This is ridiculous.

I can say you are wrong because of the reasoning you gave your assertion. You claimed the scenario the OP presented couldn't happen. I say I've seen the exact same scenario happen, which undoes your reasoning completely. So you are wrong. Got it? If not then I can't help your lack of ability to understand.

Thread Information