Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L plate and full of hate

Bike
    kb

L plate and full of hate

how much abuse did you boys and princesses get while on your L plates? Ive been getting absolutely hammered. Is this normal?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb2020dope View Post
    how much abuse did you boys and princesses get while on your L plates? Ive been getting absolutely hammered. Is this normal?
    Give us examples. What are you riding?

Bike
    suzuki
    couldn't hear as my helmet muffled noise, plus I used ear plugs

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    None. Unless you count the cop who didn't like my unbaffled 2 stroke. Of course we didn't have L plates 42 years ago so no one assumed I was a noob. Except for the cops. They could tell.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    moped
    Take no notice of those people, who give you stick just ignore them, just carry on doing what you have to do, lots of smart arses out there now mate.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The best advice I can give you, as a motorcyclist, is, don't ride in such a manner to piss off the surrounding car, or other, drivers. Especially overtaking. Not being personal, this applies to all of us.
    You, and the rest of us, have to share the road with them and if they are angry, they can be unpredictable.
    Save your spirited riding for out of town, out of traffic and you will have a much better experience in general.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Not a lot of info on your sicyle op, but as a yoof in the UK I took a lot of flack and bullying riding a restricted 125, 12hp of tyre shredding grunt. Basically a mobile chicane, scary at times.

As confidence grew I learned to anticipate fuck wittery from drivers, be far more aware of what was happening around me and keep myself in space but not irk other road users.

It's really vulnerable on a bike and I quickly realised whoever is right or wrong, don't pick a fight, just nod and wave.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    None. Unless you count the cop who didn't like my unbaffled 2 stroke. Of course we didn't have L plates 42 years ago so no one assumed I was a noob. Except for the cops. They could tell.
    Cops are smart.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Our registration stickers had an L. So like 50mm x 30mm.

Cops obviously had good eyesight in the 80s.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    A
    You don't say what/where/how so hard for us to offer advice.

Had a new biker on a Ride Forever Bronze course a while back, he made comments about crazy car drivers, whereas my assessment was quite different. He'd do 35-40 in a 50 and take forever to pull out of an intersection. On the open road he never got past 70 and yet it took him some time to grasp he could avoid most of the aggro by actually riding with some awareness of his surroundings.

But yes, some road users will bully an L plater, whether it be car or motorcycle.

Bike
    less than I used to have

Thumbs up

...many years ago, a lot more than many on here could count to I'd say, I was real young and not hard or tough...I was doing my two week block course at Chch Technical Institute...I was wearing some really horrible shoes, red and blue leather and hand me downs from some clown from a circus, by the looks of them...a big bully cunt on a block course bailed me up after lunch once and gave me real shit about my shoes, then he leaned his whole weight against me, stood on one shoe and pissed on my other shoe...pants, socks and shoes were soaked by this cunt...it was in front of all the first year apprentices on my course and all I could do was was call him a cunt which is when he punched me in the face...I had to go home with bare feet on a bitterly cold day on the bus and felt really violated by some bully for no reason...

... about four years later, after becoming very hard, very tough and growing quite a bit, I ran across this cunt at a party in New Brighton...he was still a loud mouth and still quite big...he was relaxed on a sofa drinking beer and chatting to a chick when I recognised him...three strides, a wicked punch to an eye, then I stood on his jandalled feet, put my knees on his knees and pissed over his neck chest and beer, then gave him the biggest haymaker I could muster...then left...

...sometimes there's things you cant change, and then sometimes there's things that make life worthwhile...one of those is riding a motorbike...and you wont be a snowflake all your life, I would hope...

and in the same vein check this

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ing-face-masks

Bike
    nightrod
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...many years ago, a lot more than many on here could count to I'd say, I was real young and not hard or tough...I was doing my two week block course at Chch Technical Institute...I was wearing some really horrible shoes, red and blue leather and hand me downs from some clown from a circus, by the looks of them...a big bully cunt on a block course bailed me up after lunch once and gave me real shit about my shoes, then he leaned his whole weight against me, stood on one shoe and pissed on my other shoe...pants, socks and shoes were soaked by this cunt...it was in front of all the first year apprentices on my course and all I could do was was call him a cunt which is when he punched me in the face...I had to go home with bare feet on a bitterly cold day on the bus and felt really violated by some bully for no reason...

... about four years later, after becoming very hard, very tough and growing quite a bit, I ran across this cunt at a party in New Brighton...he was still a loud mouth and still quite big...he was relaxed on a sofa drinking beer and chatting to a chick when I recognised him...three strides, a wicked punch to an eye, then I stood on his jandalled feet, put my knees on his knees and pissed over his neck chest and beer, then gave him the biggest haymaker I could muster...then left...

...sometimes there's things you cant change, and then sometimes there's things that make life worthwhile...one of those is riding a motorbike...and you wont be a snowflake all your life, I would hope...
    Now that’s a story!

I’m sure the truth is a little stretched there pal! Thrilling novel nonetheless.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Now that’s a story!

I’m sure the truth is a little stretched there pal! Thrilling novel nonetheless.
    ...nah...it was worse than that, and so was I...

Bike
    kb

sorry everyone.

look, i didnt go into much detail. I feel like the L plate is a target. I have targeted L plate drivers in cars while in my car. So i know how it feels. I did stall at a round about but apart from that have been cruising at 20 - 30 kms above he speed limit so im not like your normal L plate rider going to slow. Im pretty humble and i welcome and tips and advice. Thanks in advance.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" = Papillion by Henri Charrière ( made into a superb movie starring Steve McQeen and Dustin Hoffman) but the phrase may have been used in other movie also
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information