Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L plate and full of hate

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb2020dope View Post
    I have targeted L plate drivers in cars while in my car.
    Consider it payback then.

Bike
    nightrod
    have been cruising at 20 - 30 kms above he speed limit.
    They’re probably trying to tell you to slow down then bud.

Bike
    suzuki
    look, i didnt go into much detail. I feel like the L plate is a target. I have targeted L plate drivers in cars while in my car..
    Why? they wear the plates to let you know they're are still getting up to speed, so you make allowances for them, simple as that. fuck them up and they can take you out simply.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    look, i didnt go into much detail. I feel like the L plate is a target. I have targeted L plate drivers in cars while in my car. So i know how it feels. I did stall at a round about but apart from that have been cruising at 20 - 30 kms above he speed limit so im not like your normal L plate rider going to slow. Im pretty humble and i welcome and tips and advice. Thanks in advance.
    Some one said "you can't handle the truth." This appears to apply to you.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold" = Papillion by Henri Charrière ( made into a superb movie starring Steve McQeen and Dustin Hoffman) but the phrase may have been used in other movie also
    I always thought that was Bill Shakespeare but Charriere pens a decent tome, too.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . . But it can be Reheated in the microwave of Evil.
    Etc..

Now that's true classic banter.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Confirmation bias.

Many folk find the L plate demeaning, naff, that sort of thing. Like, they don't want to use one. So they start to see reasons why the L plate is a bad idea.

It's perfectly normal. I've had lots of people on courses tell me it makes things worse, and just as many tell me it makes no difference.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    l I have targeted L plate drivers in cars while in my car. So i know how it feels.
    You lost me there. It never even occurred to me that anybody would do that. Anybody normal anyway. I guess what you are experiencing is karma.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yes. Karma is real.

As is Jesus' soft silky touch.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    There is always some smart arse trying to put someone else off(L plater), usually while showing off to their mates.

be aware of
    -being overtaken and cut off on a STOP intersection-while you are waiting for a car to pass.
    -while waiting at a stop or lights etc., someone pulling along side you or behind you(so close you could give them a shave) then revving the engine or tooting the horn or trying to drive into you.
    -being invisible to most people on the road - that's just normal.
    -L platers tend to get targeted - it makes you more aware, go and practice awareness of other road users and what they do. Most only are aware of what is in front of them and getting ahead(no not that)
    -You will get cut off especially on motorway - very few cagers know what its like for the early learning on a mbike. Occasionally a truck will help you out.

-be aware of what you are comfortable with, ATTGATT and ride you own ride.
    -if your getting hassled pull over or take another path - you don't need to be pushed into something that may result in something going wrong.

For every A'hole there are 10 riders who will help you out. There are also 10,000 cagers who don't care.

riding isn't for everyone, there are plenty of 'road blocks' to becoming a rider and then becoming proficient(I have a long way to go)
    there is a big gap between a novice and an experienced rider-you will get there, just not in 5 minutes.
    Practice, learn, train, ask others - it will happen.
    but I think its worth the effort for the places you go, the people you meet, the conversations and the different points of view you would have never encountered.
    It can also be a lonely place when your starting out on your own.

The L plate,
    I found always attracted the 'scum'
    It also usually afforded me some space to pull into a line of traffic, most people took some extra care (but not all)
    As long as you don't act like a hoon, you should be good.

When you look back, it doesn't take that long to get the full license and be able to remove the L plate

Take it easy and ride you own ride

and Yes, I am a believer in Karma (it does happen, but you have to wait - it really is worth it sometimes to see the event happen)

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

ride your own ride

You might hear the phrase "Ride your own ride". Think about it every trip you make, ride for your own safety and within your own limits if others want to ride or drive recklessly or speed, let that be on them.

As your confidence on 2 wheels grows they should become less of a problem, but as long as you have an L plate it's like having a target on your back. Just let it be water off a ducks back, don't let them get to you, it'll only fk up your riding.

how much abuse did you boys and princesses get while on your L plates? Ive been getting absolutely hammered. Is this normal?

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    I've observed really shitty driving in many circumstances - bike and car, trailer, horse float, L plate or none (I have been riding only 3 years so had my L plates on in recent history). Just last weekend some tosser decided the one-lane roundabout was in fact two lanes, and went around my 2.5m wide behemoth trailer and vehicle to get ahead of me. Shrug. How you ride and how you react is more telling than what other road users may or may not do. A lot of the time they don't even think about YOU, they just think about THEM.

+1 to karma, while I'm at it.

Bike
    kb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    You might hear the phrase "Ride your own ride". Think about it every trip you make, ride for your own safety and within your own limits if others want to ride or drive recklessly or speed, let that be on them.

As your confidence on 2 wheels grows they should become less of a problem, but as long as you have an L plate it's like having a target on your back. Just let it be water off a ducks back, don't let them get to you, it'll only fk up your riding.
    Hoonicorn, look babes im not a 1 ride kind of guy. What if i want to ride others?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by KbI sugge2020dope View Post
    Hoonicorn, look babes im not a 1 ride kind of guy. What if i want to ride others?
    I suggest you try grinder.

Bike
    kb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    I suggest you try grinder.
    Bonez mate, ive already clocked grinder, naturally ive now come to kiwi biker

Thread Information