Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auckland lockdown protest

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Well in my humble opinion - if you’re over 60 you should stay off the computer.
    I've been using computers before you were even born sonny jim.

Old computers are a hobby of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0000135.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	630.5 KB 
ID:	346836  

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb2020dope View Post
    Bonez, you may be 60 but i think they should allow exceptions for you. You clearly have all your marbles. Maybe just a yearly test.
    If the test includes replacing your own tyres, doing your own servicing/trouble shooting, panel beating and able to navigate back country roads with out a gps will you and Dean pass?

Bike
    kb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    If the test includes replacing your own tyres, doing your own servicing, panel beating and able to navigate back country roads with out a gps will you and Dean pass?
    Bonez, very good point. Personally no problem with tyres, panel beating and navigation. Servicing, just the basics. At the point i may fail, although would have 33 years to learn more.

Dean, how about yourself?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Bonez, very good point. Personally no problem with tyres, panel beating and navigation. Servicing, just the basics. At the point i may fail, although would have 33 years to learn more.

Dean, how about yourself?
    Apart from panel beating I learnt all that in the first three years of riding. Reading as many books on motorcycles I could before getting my license. A motorcycle was my primary and only means of transport for a long time.

Use to do a round trip from Hobsonville to Havelock North on my first bike, a Honda CJ250, every other weekend for 12 months. Leaving Friday at 15:30, having packed it the night before, and returning on Sunday starting at 13:00hrs.

My first big ride was from Woobourne to Hobsonville via ferry to Wellington then on to Masterton, stayed the night there then on to Havelock North on that very same bike. Spent a few days with mum and dad then on to Hobsonville. Never ridden those roads before that. Only owned the CJ for two weeks.

Only one serious incident where my left tibia and fibias were snapped. Wasn't knocked off the bike. The car T-boned me straight on and bumped the bike a metre in front of it. I pulled over front tire into the gutter and tried to put the side stand down. OOPS! that's not happening so gently layed the bike down on the right side and rolled off it. One speeding ticket and one parking ticket in all the time I've been riding. Never owned a radar detector.

Bike
    nightrod
    I've been using computers before you were even born sonny jim.

Old computers are a hobby of mine.
    You’re an exception, well done.

Bike
    nightrod
    Dean, good chat last night, or views are slightly different but thata ok. Dont get me started on boomers bud, i 100% agree. I also think at the age of 60 all vehicle licenses should be confiscated. If you are over 60 stay off the roads
    Barry is it still on today?? Time, location etc?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    You’re an exception, well done.
    Sonny even today one can survive without a computer. And some times its is a far better life. You should try it some time.

Did you pass my test?

BTW most people of my generation I've met use a computer/tablet or smart phone of some sort. Dads generation not so much. Mum did though, online banking, email, Skype etc.. She was the secretary of Ullyses for a number of years. She died last November. So where did you get that bull shit idea from?

And I'm guessing you are management-the useless type without a clue at that judging from your last friday rant post.

Were you a test tube baby? As its obvious you didn't have a human mum or dad.

You also appear to be living in a different universe from the rest of us here.

Bike
    suzuki
    Barry is it still on today?? Time, location etc?
    looks like the FBI read his post here and he's probably in jail now, he might ring later for a cuddle, and to ask for bail money too.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Bones, there is a reason for the trike. Four years ago i did route 66 with a couple of mates. The old ball and chain tagged along which resulted in me buying a trike as she cant ride. I then shipped the trike back to nz, have been looking to sell but have a close mate that likes to ride it. I also own a 2007 Triumph speedmaster, this is my main ride.
    That explains why you only stick to SH1

Whats it like to ride on a trip 200kms or more?

Bike
    nightrod
    Sonny even today one can survive without a computer. And some times its is a far better life. You should try it some time.
    Ok.

BTW most people of my generation I've met use a computer/tablet or smart phone of some sort. Dads generation not so much. Mum did though, online banking, email, Skype etc.. She was the secretary of Ullysis for a number of years. She died last November. So where did you get that bull shit idea from?
    Sorry to hear, thanks for sharing your story mate.

And I'm guessing you are management-the useless type without a clue at that judging from your last friday rant post.
    No.

Were you a test tube baby? As its obvious you didn't have a human mum or dad.
    Now that’s not very nice, sorry I upset you mate. Nothing but respect from me.

You also appear to be living in a different universe from the rest of us here.
    Well, with my IQ being upwards of 140 (verified & nominated for an NZ Young Bright leaders award)..yes you could say I’m in a different universe from some of the people on here...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport

Well, with my IQ being upwards of 140 (verified & nominated for an NZ Young Bright leaders award)..yes you could say I’m in a different universe from some of the people on here...
    Having a high high IQ does not mean you are smart, practical or have common sense.

But you are more tolerable than a few other hypercritical dweebs I've had to deal in the last week.

Bike
    nightrod
    Having a high high IQ does not mean you are smart, practical or have common sense.

But you are more tolerable than a few other dweebs I've had to deal in the last week.
    Just curious what is a “high high IQ”?

I’m not aware of this vocabulary.
    On the plus side it’s a “sunny sunny day”.

Thank you and likewise to you sir.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Just curious what is a “high high IQ”?

I’m not aware of this vocabulary.
    On the plus side it’s a “sunny sunny day”.

Thank you and likewise to you sir.
    It some times it happens when I type. I'm a bit dyslexic Being an insomniac and had a few seriuos bangs on the head (not m/c related) doesn't help either. Have to take some pretty red and pink pills to keep things reasonably stable. I've offered these to a few KB cry babies here to help them out. Was house bound due health for five years before I decided to get my '76 CB550F back on the road. Best medicine ever.

It scoots along fine at 110-120kph. Fuel range is 185-200kms depending on how I ride. Piece of piss to maintain. Plenty of reproduction parts available, some of which are improvements on the original parts. Still using points ignition and starts without any drama. Low seat hight (lower 3.5") since I've put the solo seat on and handles real well for a motorcycle of it's age. Certainly better than the larger capacity bikes of it's era and the 1989 BMW R80 I had. Has 161,000kms plus up. I've done 90,000kms on it.

Thread I started about it last year https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...0F-Super-Sport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200410_134129[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	583.6 KB 
ID:	346858  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Don't not follow the horse? So you mean we should? Why are you being so cryptic?

On another note, this should be interesting. Free speech and all that but I can already foretell where this thread is going...
    I dunno. 2 days and still not in pointless drivel.
    Your soothsaying powers are weakened OB1.

Probably the 5G towers.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I dunno. 2 days and still not in pointless drivel.
    Your soothsaying powers are weakened OB1.

Probably the 5G towers.
    It's because you are not posting here Tinker Bell.

You see you are not important in the big scheme of things.

I'm sure OAB, a KB moderator, doesn't like a suck up telling him what to do either.

Thread Information