Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I get acid for my battery

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPawz View Post
    Ahhh good point. I thought so of Auto Sparkies but seemingly not. Worth a try I'll try the one that has a Katana racing poster in shop and had some classic bikes for sale (when I figure out their name again).
    Last time I saw a Katana poster I was trying to get into a mates place where I was staying. He'd left early with a bird.

I was making a racket and the neighbour let me in to call him, pre cellphone but he wasn't happy with me.. till I recognised the Dave and Neville Poster and said I'd been out drinking with their neice.

Prick turned up 10min later in a taxi. They'd stopped for grub. Had to sleep in lounge and listen to minutes of true love, until she buggered off who knows where.

Not sure if there was bacon for breakfast. Maybe not. Crying shame how we used to live not preparing for the future.

Think once. Think twice. Always have bacon in the fridge.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPawz View Post

Also its a classic example of trying to save a few $$ being a but pain (I could have just paid the extra $50 and got the dam thing from super cheap with acid).

Y.
    you should have gone to a local bike shop and had a wee chat about your new role in life, i'm sure bike shops get a few out of towners pop in and if the conversation comes up that they are keen on some bike friendly accom them you name has a much better chance of coming up in convo than the internet transaction deal
    off the top of my head there's a few bike specific places in wanganui

paragons
    joe lett ltd
    dibben swartz
    keown honda
    brian thorley
    marshall motorcycles
    bernard racing
    brown brothers bikes

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Joe Lett seem to deal mainly in mobility scooters and the like these days, and have had a single, part time mechanic for years. When other shops have a team of 3 or 4 guys and a wait time to get in, that says something. I always went to Whitelocks, but they lost the Suzuki franchise and closed a year or so back. Some of their guys went with Suzuki who moved to a place in Pacific Place. Don't know the name, as never got the chance to go in there due to moving north.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    Joe Lett seem to deal mainly in mobility scooters and the like these days, and have had a single, part time mechanic for years. When other shops have a team of 3 or 4 guys and a wait time to get in, that says something. I always went to Whitelocks, but they lost the Suzuki franchise and closed a year or so back. Some of their guys went with Suzuki who moved to a place in Pacific Place. Don't know the name, as never got the chance to go in there due to moving north.
    Joe Letts shop is Motorcycles Marine and Mobility, more knowledge there than most places in town.
    Dibben swartz suzuki pacific place

Bike
    2015/18 Blade, 81 Katana, KR150R
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    did you contact the supplier of the battery to rectify the issue?
    Late reply has a few toilets to clean. Actually the local Kawasaki shop sorted it for me. I was VERY grateful, gave them a 5 star review and moved them to my go to local for anything I might need they have.

Bike
    how much do you need exactly. i have a bit here and likely in wanganui at the weekend.
    Cheers for the offer I did get it sorted but I also got distracted and been off the forum for a while. Very nice to offer. Local Kawaka dealer topped her off.

Bike
    Good point. I've been into at least three of those and chatted. I always bang on about the park wherever I go. Mentioned I'm keen on riders our here. I really should get around them all just because I love bike shops and to spread the word.

Park is definitely picking up. So far 0 bikes (other than off road jobbies). Still plenty of time and best to stick to what works.

One of the guys here said its a common mistake to concentrate on a marginal market which make total sense so I've been doing that. Still keen on riders mind and might try on here to see if a few might be keen. More a personal interest so could put up a few tents, make it cheap, organise some decent local rides and just do it for a bit of fun.

you should have gone to a local bike shop and had a wee chat about your new role in life, i'm sure bike shops get a few out of towners pop in and if the conversation comes up that they are keen on some bike friendly accom them you name has a much better chance of coming up in convo than the internet transaction deal
    off the top of my head there's a few bike specific places in wanganui

paragons
    joe lett ltd
    dibben swartz
    keown honda
    brian thorley
    marshall motorcycles
    bernard racing
    brown brothers bikes

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Most motorcycle shops should have a supply of battery acid in their workshop.
    That was the ticket in the end. Kawaka dealers sorted me out.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    There was an acid attack in Auckland not that long ago. Battery acid is not weak but you can test that out yourself when you get some.
    I imagine its not nice at all. I'm really very disappointed to hear that happening here. Far to much to look it up that will boil my blood.

Bike
    Lead in the blood sounds horrible. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Nice one yeah better get them fo it.
    Prick of stuff if get it in cracked hands .stings like you know.
    Battery biz is tricky one.guy in chch
    Had leave family biz got to much lead in blood stream not good over the years.sure got more safety let's hope.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnie View Post
    Always add the acid to water (not water to acid). Much safer
    Dam right. I put hydrochloric in the crapper it does a VERY effective job of removing the lime stains that build up over the years. If you have an old stained bog totally try this and it will look like new again.

Bike
    Tune in next week where we tip liquid lead into a bucket of water and throw blocks of sodium in the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It's always fun when the Water boils and starts spitting boiling and burning acid everywhere.

Good times in Chemistry class.

Bike
    I have a mate I'd not seen in 10 years and when I turned up he still had a big Katana poster in his house (which he had some 30 years back when we where teenagers). Epic.

But trust me on the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Last time I saw a Katana poster I was trying to get into a mates place where I was staying. He'd left early with a bird.

I was making a racket and the neighbour let me in to call him, pre cellphone but he wasn't happy with me.. till I recognised the Dave and Neville Poster and said I'd been out drinking with their neice.

Prick turned up 10min later in a taxi. They'd stopped for grub. Had to sleep in lounge and listen to minutes of true love, until she buggered off who knows where.

Not sure if there was bacon for breakfast. Maybe not. Crying shame how we used to live not preparing for the future.

Think once. Think twice. Always have bacon in the fridge.

Thread Information