Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: State highway 36 is where i get my fix.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    14th August 2020 - 22:31
    Bike
    kb
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    34

    State highway 36 is where i get my fix.

    What a ride! Beautiful piece of road sweeping through the beautiful Mangorewa gorge. State highway 36 runs from Rotorua to Tauranga (45 mins) it would have to be my favorite ride. Had my first run on this piece of road yesterday and will be making excuses to cruise 36 again.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb2020dope View Post
    What a ride! Beautiful piece of road sweeping through the beautiful Mangorewa gorge. State highway 36 runs from Rotorua to Tauranga (45 mins) it would have to be my favorite ride. Had my first run on this piece of road yesterday and will be making excuses to cruise 36 again.
    nice to see you're out of Jail so quickly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,761
    Pyes Pa Rd?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    16th December 2006 - 11:22
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    In the hedge
    Posts
    338
    I used to live on that road back in the day when the road was still gravel. Me and my mates used to have great fun riding scooters and little 150cc two strokes up and down the gravel road. Happy memories.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    14th August 2020 - 22:31
    Bike
    kb
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Pyes Pa Rd?
    Yeah mate, shes a great ride

  6. #6
    Join Date
    14th August 2020 - 22:31
    Bike
    kb
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    I used to live on that road back in the day when the road was still gravel. Me and my mates used to have great fun riding scooters and little 150cc two strokes up and down the gravel road. Happy memories.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Would of been great fun in the gravel, still a great piece of road.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    28th May 2008 - 07:48
    Bike
    he's back !!!
    Location
    where ever I may roam
    Posts
    1,253
    Waipapa Rd from Whakamaru to Te Awamutu try it
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

  8. #8
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,463
    Plenty of good roads to ride in this country. The Million Dollar Highway is ok as you mentioned.

    One of my favourite sections of road, and I use it for specific training reasons, runs from Benneydale thru Ongarue. Known as the Waimiha saddle road, between highway 30 & 4.
    Definitely not for risk tolerant riders, as the number of hazards on this road is high.
    Get the balance right and coming out on SH4 and turning north makes the Hiwis a tad boring
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Plenty of good roads to ride in this country.
    Exactly I can Palmy to Havelack North using only a very small portion of main road is all well sealed, bugger all traffic and more turns. I takes about a third or more longer but is more fun. Can go a bit longer if I throw in some gravel.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    16th December 2006 - 11:22
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    In the hedge
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    One of my favourite sections of road, and I use it for specific training reasons, runs from Benneydale thru Ongarue. Known as the Waimiha saddle road, between highway 30 & 4.
    Thats a good bit of road. I quite often go that way on my way from Auckland to Masterton to break up the trip a bit.

    I have too many favourites to mention. But, I'll go out of my way (literally) to do the Forgotten Highway once or twice a year.


    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,761
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    . But, I'll go out of my way (literally) to do the Forgotten Highway once or twice a year.


    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Same!.............
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    3rd October 2006 - 21:21
    Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Location
    in the hot sun
    Posts
    3,761
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Plenty of good roads to ride in this country. The Million Dollar Highway is ok as you mentioned.

    One of my favourite sections of road, and I use it for specific training reasons, runs from Benneydale thru Ongarue. Known as the Waimiha saddle road, between highway 30 & 4.
    Definitely not for risk tolerant riders, as the number of hazards on this road is high.
    Get the balance right and coming out on SH4 and turning north makes the Hiwis a tad boring
    Is it a gravel section through Ongarue? Comes out at taumarunui at the sth end right?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Is it a gravel section through Ongarue? Comes out at taumarunui at the sth end right?
    No gravel on this road nowadays, other than road works if you strike them. Comes out onto SH4 about 10 mins north of Taumarunui.
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    16th December 2006 - 11:22
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    In the hedge
    Posts
    338
    The last time I went through there was quite a bit of gravel on some of the corners though, so that can definitely make it interesting.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    31st March 2005 - 02:18
    Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Location
    East Aucks
    Posts
    10,255
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    The last time I went through there was quite a bit of gravel on some of the corners though, so that can definitely make it interesting.
    Seems to break up a lot, like Ohautira Rd just south of H22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •