Page 158 of 380 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5696

Thread: Trump

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Done the Gentle Annie a couple of time in last 3 months. Not sure which way is best, although the last km or two before the summit T to N is fantastic on a short wheelbase bike.

I never used to use ignore until I realised that a certain few just try to Troll or have mental issues that aren't my problem. Some think they are pseudo intellectuals when it is obvious that they are not really capable of critical thought. Again, not my problem.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. There are a few people who don't seem to come here to discuss anything worthwhile, their basic motivation appears to be to offend people. A psychiatrist could probably explain their problems, and be very well paid to do so. I'm not paid to spend time on them so I don't. The ones I'm thinking of have nothing worthwhile to offer, so insead of reading their bilge I can read something more entertaining or useful.

The numbers are not large. currently two, plus there are a couple of others currently missing in action. If you want to read their rubbish feel free. I'd rather spend my time on something else.
    If a post offends or annoys you ... reply with same or ignore it. Don't comment/reply. Just scroll on by.

A reaction to your "Same" post usually means a hit. Even if Moderation sends it to PD.

No reply to any posts ... eventually they find someone that will give a reaction to their posts. And either ... just continue to post irrelevant drivel ... for the simple reason to increasing their post count. Or look for a result elsewhere.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Done the Gentle Annie a couple of time in last 3 months. Not sure which way is best, although the last km or two before the summit T to N is fantastic on a short wheelbase bike.
    I've ridden it both ways, the first time I was grateful I was on the Triumph, not the Ducati. It's a great ride.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I twisted nothing - I took you at face value then pointed out there is something in your scenario that no one has yet produced an equivalent of in reality.

Okay - let's put this to the test, shall we? If this was a Coup (The 'Left Wing Shit' position), then how would you define the CHAZ (The 'Right Wing Shit' position) - and for reference:

https://i0.wp.com/www.opindia.com/wp...6/chaz-USA.jpg.

There, you have a written statement of secession, not mere intent.

I'll be charitable, I'll let you set the rules, but I'll apply them and then we'll compare notes.

We'll see, one way or another it's bound to be interesting.
    Haha, actually I don't care if it was officially a coup or not, just amusing to see you defend Trump and any and all costs The guy just couldn't do any wrong in your World, no matter the avalanche of evidence against him, not just this issue - ANY issue!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Haha, actually I don't care if it was officially a coup or not, just amusing to see you defend Trump and any and all costs The guy just couldn't do any wrong in your World, no matter the avalanche of evidence against him, not just this issue - ANY issue!
    There's plenty to criticize Trump fairly on.

And the vast majority of his supporters frequently comment on this. From Ben Shapiro all the way to one of the people interviewed at the Riot when asked what he likes about Trump:

"I like his tax cuts, I like the wall, I like he's a good Christian Man..... (kinda...)"

However, I'm going to have a whale of a time pointing out the Double-Standards that will inevitably come.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

However, I'm going to have a whale of a time pointing out the Double-Standards that will inevitably come.
    As is your democratic right, don't be surprised to see a sugi boot go in from time to time either

Look at the result of Trump getting fired and ambling off, Motorcycle talk has broken out in the Trump thread - disgusting!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    As is your democratic right, don't be surprised to see a sugi boot go in from time to time either
    I'd expect nothing less
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've ridden it both ways, the first time I was grateful I was on the Triumph, not the Ducati. It's a great ride.
    At the top it reminded me of years of Kart track racing on the bucket. Fuk it was fun. The 675 was ideal but I did think about my old RZ350 which would have been better still.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    My heart bleeds for the woman. Also it's reported that Buffalo Boy feels betrayed that Trump didn't pardon him. In a further report this morning the names of off duty cops who participated in the coup attempt are being forwarded to the FBI in impressive numbers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...et-legal-fees/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This quote is from an article in the New York Times. It's behind a paywall and I've used up all my free articles, you may be more lucky?

If it looks like a coup and it smells like a coup...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 2.44.38 PM.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	348386  

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    This quote is from an article in the New York Times. It's behind a paywall and I've used up all my free articles, you may be more lucky?

If it looks like a coup and it smells like a coup...

Probably best to describe it as an "attempted coup" - seeing as how unsuccessful it was. A bit like Gunpowder Plot (Guy Fawkes, etc) Doesn't make it any less treasonous and trump is deserving of the same punishment as Fawkes
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Probably best to describe it as an "attempted coup" - seeing as how unsuccessful it was. A bit like Gunpowder Plot (Guy Fawkes, etc) Doesn't make it any less treasonous and trump is deserving of the same punishment as Fawkes
    Fair point.

This one is from the Washington Post. Mr Kruse is a history professor at Princeton.

This is the opening paragraph of the item he quotes.
    "Self-styled militia members from Virginia, Ohio and other states made plans to storm the U.S. Capitol days in advance of the Jan. 6 attack, and then communicated in real time as they breached the building on opposite sides and talked about hunting for lawmakers, according to court documents filed Tuesday."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 3.16.35 PM.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	348387  

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Some people are unimpressed with the charges laid against the rioters, insurgents, whatever you want to call them. So far most amount merely to trespass type charges.

Listening to a couple of former prosecutors discussing what is happening it seems these are just holding charges. The idiots were all photographing or videoing themselves so judges will have no problem finding them guilty. Soon, if they have not already, the prosecutors will move to the "charge stacking" phase where they try and dream uo anything alse they can bring to bear. Then they will start to pressure some of those charged to give evidence against others to get convictions on serious charges.

Be interesting to watch it develop. Meanwhile there's Trump's impeachment hearing to keep us interested.

Bike
    husaberg
    Some people are unimpressed with the charges laid against the rioters, insurgents, whatever you want to call them. So far most amount merely to trespass type charges.

Listening to a couple of former prosecutors discussing what is happening it seems these are just holding charges. The idiots were all photographing or videoing themselves so judges will have no problem finding them guilty. Soon, if they have not already, the prosecutors will move to the "charge stacking" phase where they try and dream uo anything alse they can bring to bear. Then they will start to pressure some of those charged to give evidence against others to get convictions on serious charges.

Be interesting to watch it develop. Meanwhile there's Trump's impeachment hearing to keep us interested.
    Maybe an order resulting in every single person found guilty of charges from trespassing on the capital building being banned for life from holding office or working for the government or state in any capacity plus also having to declare it when applying for fo jobs might prevent such attempts at coups in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information