Page 207 of 382 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5723

Thread: Trump

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    The tax drop NYT did highlighted that companies Trump invested in but had no control over did well, companies he had a direct hand in very often went bankrupt. Trumps gut is meh.
    Ah yes, because the NYT has never been deceptive or misleading on Trump...

But even taken at face value - His gut clearly must be better than chance if his investments are doing well...

He inherited Obamacare, said it was a top priority to get rid of it - he failed. He failed to give an alternative too. That is just one example of what Trump failed to do. Off with the rose tinted glasses eh.
    If memory serves, that was more to do with challenges at the Supreme Court than anything else. That said, I've been clear that IMO Socialized Healthcare is to the public benefit (despite knowing many people who work in that field and could list off a litany of issues that it being a public service causes)

Your own hero was the main person that set up that scenario. Your premise is complete shit in this matter.
    Wearing a mask was always a medical necessity. Dickface Trump and his minions were the ones that politicized it and they killed thousands needlessly to do it. Sickening. Your premise is about as bad taste as could possibly be.
    Excuse the splitting of your statement - but I feel it's easier to address this way.

On the subject of masks - I'm going to use that most right-wing of sources: CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/factsfirst/p...5-1580bc732c45

You have the initial position of 'don't wear masks' to the subsequent position of 'Wear a mask', One side took to wearing a mask as a symbol of virtue, the other side merely didn't want Government Mandates telling them what they can and can't do or what they must do to enjoy their god-given/natural rights.

When a pandemic hits, sacrifices need to be made.
    And the question then becomes - What sacrifices? My position has always been on the side of Freedom.

Of course, others may see it differently. And that Position isn't absolute either - however I still stand by my stance that for a disease that has just over a 2% mortality rate, there has been a large over-reaction towards the general population.

And when I say General Population - that means that the people in the at-risk groups should absolutely have measures taken to protect them.

You would have us believe because nefarious other companies that are in the questionable services business do it, so it is ok for Trump to rip off his supporters. Classic TDL right there.
    Not sure I'd call most of them Nefarious, just stating it's a common business practice (even if it's a shitty one) and as a common practice, not something you can use to rebuke Trump.

The first two companies I did not involve myself in, but strangely the internet still worked for me, and your second premise is completely unrelated to building a viable social network - face it you got nothing in this one.
    Well, I referenced them because they were both the undisputed kings of their respect market fields, before being usurped.

As for the second point - it's merely an observation that the same criticisms were being made then as now.

"Everything" huh.
    The US is based on the British liberal tradition of the Individual.
    It is directly opposed to any collectivist ideologies.

When I say Everything - I mean at the very bottom of the foundation of the US is a set of ideas, everything that the US is, was and will be, is built upon those ideas.

Those ideas are centered around the Individual. That there is something immutable about the Individual, that they are born with certain rights (Natural/God-given) and that these are not granted by the State but are imbued upon that individual by their very existence.

Everything stems from that idea.
    And Marxism because of it's collectivist notions, the continental view that Rights aren't inherent to the individual, but granted by the State (and there's a hint as to why it always ends badly - if a Right is granted by the State, it can be revoked by the State) etc. is opposed to that very foundation that everything is built on.

So yes, Everything.

BLM is a travesty really, the black people have genuine grievances and face racism daily, I seen it first hand. It started out with the right intentions, then yes, the wrong people were controlling it. 4 investment properties for the leader I see. As mentioned - a travesty. No good cause seems to have a chance because humans are so inherently corruptible and greedy.
    Antifa activities are on decline, or are barely reported now, either way they like trump are becoming less influential.
    Right intentions is debatable, since the founders were 'Trained Marxists' - they followed the playbook to the letter, I don't see that as a Travesty, I see that as the logical conclusion. If people don't read their history and recognize the signs and the rhetoric - then that's their own silly fault.

It seems harsh when I can agree that there are and will be individual cases of Racism - these are abhorrent and we should identify the individuals responsible and see that Justice is done.

As for Antifa - One might say the Useful idiots have served their purpose....

It was, but reflected poorly on all POW's. Coming from a serial draft dodger is particularly sickening.
    It did - but I think the POWs had enough sense to know who it was and who it wasn't aimed at - hence why most of them still support Trump.

What is the bet she is the only model that got in on that visa. Sure she came through the door with the correct paperwork, but getting that paperwork is highly unlikely to have been done within the rules. I'm sure you know that and just want to argue.
    I'm not disagreeing about the possibility she might have had a helping hand - it's plausible. I personally don't follow fashion models closely enough to know when they emigrate, by what Visa they gain entry - my only point is - she went through the process and got her Visa legally - and I've not problem with that.

He stated his father was born in germany. Even fox questioned why on earth did he tell that lie when he did not need too.
    Oof, my Bad - I dunno then.

The level of lies from both sides is totally comparable. Back to the bottom of the garden to play with the fairies for you.
    Disagree - when Fox can get the FBI to run a multiple year investigation on bogus charges, then perhaps we can say they are comparable...

Well no, because believe it or not, I formed my opinion on Trump from his television interviews and tweets. As they are unfiltered Trump. That is what I looked too. Just because he triggers the left and makes out he follows conservative policies does not cut him one bit of slack in my book.
    Judging directly from his own words I can see he is a racist, bigoted, woman abusing piece of shit.
    So I have to ask - what Quotes (in full) can you provide that show he's Racist? Or that he's Bigoted? Or that he's a Woman Abuser? I can think of some quotes that claim this - but when given in full, it's clear that he's not.

Because both sides of the political spectrum's despicable corruption, they have a absolutely massive amount of the population viewing any given situation with either a blue or a red lends. This will ensure they keep going down the road to destruction. There is no turning back when people have no longer have any desire to do so. They sowed the seeds of their destruction and from what I can make out, that other country is coming into harvest the lot of them. Unfortunately. But as per below, you too already know this.
    I wouldn't say Corruption, per se.

It's the failure of the Right to properly deal to the creeping Marxism.
    It's the failure of the Left to allow itself to drift towards Marxism.

On the surface, a lot of the initial calls from the far-left seem reasonable and it's hard to counter them with a solid Conservative position.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So why attribute "marxist" values to the american advert? duh
    Because it's being made under the Auspices of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity - which are Marxist ideals.

Not Liberal ideals.

The Liberal position looks upon the 100m sprint and does not care that all of the sprinters appear to be of African decent - the Liberal only asks 'Are these the faster Sprinters?'

Whereas the Marxist position holds that there should be equity - that all people should be represented in all things and so breaks the rules in order to achieve that goal.

I'm not sure that a marxist or communist regime ever existed following the actual doctrine, was always totalitarian yes?
    'But that wasn't REAL Communism'

In terms of what Marx's theory was - no, they never got to that state.
    In terms of the logical conclusion borne out of the fundamental flaws of Marx's Theory - Yes, they all followed it to the letter which is why they all ended up the same way.

Every single political ideal is flawed because humans are incapable of following one to the letter. Corruption and greed wins the day every time.
    So you build the system that accepts that Humans are greedy and so asks them 'If you want to get rich, you have to do things for other people that make them want to give you Resources' - then the Individual is free to decide the level of effort they are willing to input in order to get what they desire.

You can also add in that the more useful to other people the thing you do is, the more resources you can trade for what it is you are doing.

Add in a few laws to protect property rights and viola!

Capitalism.

A system which accepts Humans for what they are and self-motivates them to do things for their peers in order that everyone prospers.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So why attribute "marxist" values to the american advert? duh
    I'm not sure that a marxist or communist regime ever existed following the actual doctrine, was always totalitarian yes?
    Poor TDL, he tosses terms like Marxist or critical race theory around with literally no clue what he's referring to. BLM is another. The Black Lives Matter movement started in reaction to police killings of unarmed black men. Sometime later three women, one of whom claimed to be Marxist, registered the name Black Lives Matter. (It's a nice little earner.) So the RWNJs claim BLM is Marxist. Complete nonsense of course.

Antifa is another. Antifa does not exist as such. It's an idea not an organisation. As proved by the FBI under Barr declaring it a terrorist organisation and seeking to arrest them. Naturally there were no arrests. It may come as news to the FBI, but you can't arrest an idea.

The amusement value in all of this has gone, it's just sad now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    You have any similar armed forces recruitment photos generated by any marxist regimes to back your assertion?
    The Marxist regimes have no need to advertise for military recruitment. They just come and get you.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Because it's being made under the Auspices of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity - which are Marxist ideals.

Not Liberal ideals.
    BULLSHIT .. !!

Diversity is perceived to be about perspective ... representation ... tough talking ... and supporting inclusion.

Inclusion prompts answers about creating environments conducive to getting good feedback ... and to support the diversity of all it's citizens.

Equity was described as fairness, sameness, and valuing diversity and inclusion.

To define Marxism in simple terms to a simple person (not mentioning any names) it is just a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good ... and class struggle is (theoretically) gone.

In reality ... some are just more equal than others ...

The Liberal position looks upon the 100m sprint and does not care that all of the sprinters appear to be of African decent - the Liberal only asks 'Are these the faster Sprinters?'
    Liberals generally support free markets ... free trade and limited government intervention. Along with individual rights (including civil rights and human rights) / capitalism / democracy / secularism / gender and racial equality and international business and trade. No questions asked. And the "Faster sprinters" don't always get to run ... they have to get noticed first. (The squeaky wheel gets the oil)

Whereas the Marxist position holds that there should be equity - that all people should be represented in all things and so breaks the rules in order to achieve that goal.
    The definition of equity in Aotearoa New Zealand is ... people have differences in health that are not only avoidable but unfair and unjust. But in reality ... that is often the way it is in life. Popular opinion is ... if it's "Not my fault" ... action or change must be made. Equity recognizes different people with different levels of advantage ... require different approaches (and resources) to get acceptable health outcomes. With the Marxist position ... ALL are equal. There are NO citizens with advantage over other citizens (well .. not in theory anyway).

The World Health Organization defines equity as the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people. But is this (in reality) actually happening .. ?? When Capitalism rears it's ugly head ... those with more money have more advantages.

'But that wasn't REAL Communism'

In terms of what Marx's theory was - no, they never got to that state.
    In terms of the logical conclusion borne out of the fundamental flaws of Marx's Theory - Yes, they all followed it to the letter which is why they all ended up the same way.
    They didn't "Follow it to the letter" ... which is why it ended up the way it did. "Animal Farm" in real life. Rules are adjusted to suit the current policy issues ... and agenda. All are equal ... just some more equal than others.

So you build the system that accepts that Humans are greedy and so asks them 'If you want to get rich, you have to do things for other people that make them want to give you Resources' - then the Individual is free to decide the level of effort they are willing to input in order to get what they desire.
    Create a system that any fool can use ... and only fools will use it. To get rich ... you produce/provide an item or service that is cheaper and/or easier than others could produce or provide for themselves ... if they could actually be bothered to make the effort.

The lazier the general population is ... the more chances there are to make money. For example ... see how many people are happy to come to your place and clean your car for you. Just one service that is no longer used just by the wealthy. The lazy are the base profile of the customer in many industries.

You can also add in that the more useful to other people the thing you do is, the more resources you can trade for what it is you are doing.

The current Patent laws should suffice ...

Capitalism.

A system which accepts Humans for what they are and self-motivates them to do things for their peers in order that everyone prospers.
    Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit. Rather than being controlled by the state. Is New Zealand really in "an era of free-market capitalism" ... ???

To me its more like those working have to pay more to fund those NOT working ... so those not working can have the benefit (excuse the pun) of the moderate wealth those working have.

Hardly a capitalist society in my opinion.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    husaberg
    after Charlotville.

Reporter: "Nazis were there."

Reporter: "David Duke was there."

Trump: "I didnÂ’t know David Duke was there.
    Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didnÂ’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same." The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

Trump"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I donÂ’t know if you know, they had a permit.

Reporter: "How concerned are you about race relations in America? And do you think things have gotten worse or better since you took office?"
    Trump: "I think they’ve gotten better or the same. Look, they’ve been prayed for a long time. And you can ask President Obama about that, because he’d make speeches about it. But I believe that the fact that I brought in -- it will be soon -- millions of jobs -- you see where companies are moving back into our country -- I think that’s going to have a tremendous, positive impact on race relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    But even taken at face value - His gut clearly must be better than chance if his investments are doing well...
    pretty much just the ones he did not have hands on day to day management.
    Which explains with all the tv watching and golfing he did, the economy was allowed to continue on it's upwards trajectory eh

If memory serves, that was more to do with challenges at the Supreme Court than anything else. That said, I've been clear that IMO Socialized Healthcare is to the public benefit (despite knowing many people who work in that field and could list off a litany of issues that it being a public service causes)
    I accept your deafening silence on his never seen replacement for obamacare that Trump completely failed on health reform.

You have the initial position of 'don't wear masks' to the subsequent position of 'Wear a mask', One side took to wearing a mask as a symbol of virtue, the other side merely didn't want Government Mandates telling them what they can and can't do or what they must do to enjoy their god-given/natural rights.

And the question then becomes - What sacrifices? My position has always been on the side of Freedom.
    What sacrifices are actually made whilst wearing a mask? Take off your stupid red/blue lens. I propose one group wore a mask because it was the right thing to do to reduce death and misery. The large proportion of non mask wearers were sucked in by a narcissist who does not care one fuck if people die in his successful effort to forge division within the people he swore to protect.

Not sure I'd call most of them Nefarious, just stating it's a common business practice (even if it's a shitty one) and as a common practice, not something you can use to rebuke Trump.
    I accept your acknowledgement that Trump indulges in shitty business practices in order to rip of his supporters. At last - thank you.

Well, I referenced them because they were both the undisputed kings of their respect market fields, before being usurped.

As for the second point - it's merely an observation that the same criticisms were being made then as now.
    Yes, these companies were titans of their time sure, Trump has released a blog so poorly received he pulled it. Hardly comparable.

a lot of marxist malarkey - as it turns out
    As I have admitted before, my grasp of political ideologies is limited at best, so I was taking your words at face value, but after reading fj's responses, I realize your grasp is not that flash either.

It did - but I think the POWs had enough sense to know who it was and who it wasn't aimed at - hence why most of them still support Trump.
    It certainly killed Trump that said ex pow killed his kill obamacare act lol
    I'm quite sure most ex pows did not support trumps statements or indeed trump.
    The existing troops probably liked trump because rather than send them to war, trump just indulged in killing foreign mean tweeters instead

I'm not disagreeing about the possibility she might have had a helping hand - it's plausible. I personally don't follow fashion models closely enough to know when they emigrate, by what Visa they gain entry - my only point is - she went through the process and got her Visa legally - and I've not problem with that.
    If you don't have a problem with clear abuse of process to get an outcome that clearly went against the premise of that documents design purpose, then stop crying when dems do the same

Oof, my Bad - I dunno then.
    Well you are in good company in that regard.

Disagree - when Fox can get the FBI to run a multiple year investigation on bogus charges, then perhaps we can say they are comparable...
    You mean the investigation that led to multiple arrests and jailings for many involved, 10 counts of obstruction. That investigation?

So I have to ask - what Quotes (in full) can you provide that show he's Racist? Or that he's Bigoted? Or that he's a Woman Abuser? I can think of some quotes that claim this - but when given in full, it's clear that he's not.
    I would love to, but unfortunately your guy got banned for inciting violence. I'm sure they did not want to ban a chief income earner but he was so bad - they had too. Yep, the president of the usa was so toxic he had to be banned!Anyways, just on woman abuse, take your pick below. Though I'm sure you could come up with 61 piles of bullshit as a response to each quote
    https://theweek.com/articles/655770/...id-about-women

I wouldn't say Corruption, per se.

It's the failure of the Right to properly deal to the creeping Marxism.
    It's the failure of the Left to allow itself to drift towards Marxism.
    So your framing of this is all of americas corruption can be laid at the feet of dastardly marxists

Capitalism.

and a system that is well in the process of creating a planet that will be too toxic for humans to live on due to unchecked greed and corruption.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Poor TDL, he tosses terms like Marxist or critical race theory around with literally no clue what he's referring to.
    That's a bold statement - care to actually back it up? Go on, I dare you. You've asserted I have no clue as to what I'm referring to, so it should be exceptionally easy to prove me wrong...

BLM is another. The Black Lives Matter movement started in reaction to police killings of unarmed black men. Sometime later three women, one of whom claimed to be Marxist, registered the name Black Lives Matter. (It's a nice little earner.) So the RWNJs claim BLM is Marxist. Complete nonsense of course.
    Right.

You are objectively wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrisse_Cullors

Created the Hashtag 'BlacklivesMatter' on Twitter as a response to the acquittal of George Zimmerman (not Police Killings of Unarmed Black Men initially). She created based on the Facebook post of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Garza

Then a 3rd woman joined with them to register the name.

Now for the Marxist stuff.

First let's compare the Symbol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist

It's the Socialist Fist with communist roots dating back to the 1910s

Then let's look at the now deleted statement from the BLM Website: "We aim to deconstruct the Western white supremacist, capitalist, patriarchy." (key points are the Western, Capitalist and Patriarchal part)

Then let's look at the founders statements - first the explicit 'we are trained Marxists' but also other statements such as:

Cullors weaves her intellectual influences into this narrative, from black feminist writers like Audre Lorde and bell hooks, to Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin and Mao Zedong. Reading those social philosophers “provided a new understanding around what our economies could look like,”
    I mean - when the Founders say they are Marxists, they adopt the Marxist symbols, cite Lenin, Mao and Marx as inspiration, call for the deconstruction of the Western Capitalist system - what more evidence do you need to prove they are Marxist?

Antifa is another. Antifa does not exist as such. It's an idea not an organisation. As proved by the FBI under Barr declaring it a terrorist organisation and seeking to arrest them. Naturally there were no arrests. It may come as news to the FBI, but you can't arrest an idea.
    Apparently, according to Pritch, this doesn't exist:

https://www.google.com/search?client...x-b-d&q=antifa

Yet there are Websites, iconography, People wearing the iconography, Protesters waving the Flag, Local Chapters with Facebook pages etc. etc.

I mean, just because it's decentralised with no formal (or formally understood) command structure, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is just willful, head-in-the-sand ignorance of the highest levels

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    What sacrifices are actually made whilst wearing a mask? Take off your stupid red/blue lens. I propose one group wore a mask because it was the right thing to do to reduce death and misery. The large proportion of non mask wearers were sucked in by a narcissist who does not care one fuck if people die in his successful effort to forge division within the people he swore to protect.
    RWNJs in this country crowed about the Health Dept changing their mask policy as if it was inconsistent. Initially the government didn't want the public buying up the country's supply of masks leaving none for front line workers. We saw what the public did with shit house paper so the concern was justified. When the stocks were up, and so was the risk, masks were to be worn. Simple, but still too difficult for some.

A large proportion of the US population are unable to distinguish fact from fallacy. Currently one in five believe Trump will be reinstated as president. There is no mechanism for such an event short of armed takeover. That has been actually suggested by some Trumpist loonies. Hopefully sanity will prevail but I wouldn't bet on it.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    BULLSHIT .. !!

Diversity is perceived to be about perspective ... representation ... tough talking ... and supporting inclusion.

Inclusion prompts answers about creating environments conducive to getting good feedback ... and to support the diversity of all it's citizens.

Equity was described as fairness, sameness, and valuing diversity and inclusion.

To define Marxism in simple terms to a simple person (not mentioning any names) it is just a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good ... and class struggle is (theoretically) gone.

In reality ... some are just more equal than others ...
    You can bullshit all you want - the problem is that implicit in what you've described as Marxism, contains the Theory that lead to the desire of diversity, inclusion and equity - you inadvertently prove my point.

If we are all equal, in a perfect Communist utopia, then there is no reason why we wouldn't have perfect representation at all levels, because we would all be equal.

However, people just on their fundamental physical attributes, are not equal. Some are Tall, Some are short, Some have denser Bones, some have larger Lung Capacity, Some have high concentration of fast twitch Muscles etc.

Liberals generally support free markets ... free trade and limited government intervention. Along with individual rights (including civil rights and human rights) / capitalism / democracy / secularism / gender and racial equality and international business and trade. No questions asked. And the "Faster sprinters" don't always get to run ... they have to get noticed first. (The squeaky wheel gets the oil)
    The Liberal concerns themselves with making sure the process is fair and unbiased (or at least as fair and unbiased as possible - because reality is always a factor) - which is where the support for Free Markets (no barriers to entry, no artificial government regulation) comes from.

In terms of the Fastest Sprinter - sure, the process for selection in any arena has discrepancies, but when you run the same process over hundreds of thousands of time and get the same result - all the top guys are of African Descent - to the Liberal, this isn't an issue - the process is fair - you run 100m and the fastest person wins.

To the Marxist, however, since everyone is equal, there should be an equal distribution of top sprinters when compared to the population make up: x% of White people, x% of Black people etc.

The definition of equity in Aotearoa New Zealand is ... people have differences in health that are not only avoidable but unfair and unjust. But in reality ... that is often the way it is in life. Popular opinion is ... if it's "Not my fault" ... action or change must be made. Equity recognizes different people with different levels of advantage ... require different approaches (and resources) to get acceptable health outcomes. With the Marxist position ... ALL are equal. There are NO citizens with advantage over other citizens (well .. not in theory anyway).
    The first part sounds like "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"....

The Collectivist argument goes something like 'You are of xxxxxx descent, therefore you are likely to have Y health needs' - now, to give the Devil their Due, certain ethnic groups do have certain risk factors due to genetic traits and so even from a Liberal position (which would generally favour an individual view) this has a valid reason.

The World Health Organization defines equity as the absence of avoidable or remediable differences among groups of people. But is this (in reality) actually happening .. ?? When Capitalism rears it's ugly head ... those with more money have more advantages.
    Sure, but again - the Liberal position is that there is Equality of Opportunity - If Me and Bill Gates both end up at Hospital at the same time - The Liberal position is that we are both treated as individuals

Of course the critique is that Bill gates has the money to pay for Private care and so doesn't have to wait and can afford to see specialists etc. but that's outside the scope of the discussion

They didn't "Follow it to the letter" ... which is why it ended up the way it did. "Animal Farm" in real life. Rules are adjusted to suit the current policy issues ... and agenda. All are equal ... just some more equal than others.
    It can never end in any other way. The fundamental assumptions that the theory makes are wrong. So yes, they DID follow it to the Letter.

Create a system that any fool can use ... and only fools will use it. To get rich ... you produce/provide an item or service that is cheaper and/or easier than others could produce or provide for themselves ... if they could actually be bothered to make the effort.

The lazier the general population is ... the more chances there are to make money. For example ... see how many people are happy to come to your place and clean your car for you. Just one service that is no longer used just by the wealthy. The lazy are the base profile of the customer in many industries.
    And so the individual is free to choose:

Do I want to spend my time cleaning my own car
    or
    Do I want to pay someone else to clean my car so I can focus my time elsewhere.

If it's more valuable for me to spend my time Working/spending time with family than it is to wash my car, then I'll pay someone to do it.

The current Patent laws should suffice ...
    Honestly, I think the current Patent/Copywrite laws have gone too far IMO.

Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit. Rather than being controlled by the state. Is New Zealand really in "an era of free-market capitalism" ... ???
    I disagree it's a political system. I know that's the Google Definition, however the Wikipedia definition states:

Capitalism is an economic system based on the private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit.
    Are we a pure Free Market Capitalist system? Not really - too much Government regulation for my liking, but also I'd not want a fully laissez-faire system.

To me its more like those working have to pay more to fund those NOT working ... so those not working can have the benefit (excuse the pun) of the moderate wealth those working have.

Hardly a capitalist society in my opinion.
    Well, that's cause we are a Social Democracy, with a regulated Capitalist economic system.

And I don't mind having a social security system - despite my issues with the current system.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    pretty much just the ones he did not have hands on day to day management.
    Which explains with all the tv watching and golfing he did, the economy was allowed to continue on it's upwards trajectory eh
    But the trajectory DOUBLED - so clearly something Trump did (that Obama didn't) doubled the rate at which it grew.

What Sacrifices are actually made by wearing a golden Star?

Again, there's a principled stand that says 'The Government doesn't get to dictate how I can enjoy my Natural Rights'.

What the Mask issue became was a display of Virtue by one side ('Look at how good we are, following all the rules, aren't we good people') and a display of rebellion by the other

I accept your acknowledgement that Trump indulges in shitty business practices in order to rip of his supporters. At last - thank you.
    But no more shitty than every other company, and so nothing to uniquely criticize Trump on

Yes, these companies were titans of their time sure, Trump has released a blog so poorly received he pulled it. Hardly comparable.
    True, but the point that in the short history of the Internet, one-time undisputed titans were beaten by a new, better platform.

As I have admitted before, my grasp of political ideologies is limited at best, so I was taking your words at face value, but after reading fj's responses, I realize your grasp is not that flash either.
    FJ's responses miss some key parts. Again, don't take my word from it, or his - read the Academic works on the subject, they aren't shy about citing their influences.

It certainly killed Trump that said ex pow killed his kill obamacare act lol
    I'm quite sure most ex pows did not support trumps statements or indeed trump.
    The existing troops probably liked trump because rather than send them to war, trump just indulged in killing foreign mean tweeters instead
    I'm going to cite the opinion of Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie, when asked about the remark:

"Well, it's politics."

So it seems the ex-Pows and Veterans also knew and understood the context in which the comment was given.

If you don't have a problem with clear abuse of process to get an outcome that clearly went against the premise of that documents design purpose, then stop crying when dems do the same
    Even if there was no bribery or corruption, was it outside the Spirit of the law? Yes.
    But was it outside the letter of the law? No.

Now, I agree with your overarching point that a Model, even one per-eminent in their field, shouldn't be able to qualify for such a Visa (because, as I'm sure you'll agree, they don't exactly contribute much...)

However, that all said, she got through with the right documentation and paperwork

You mean the investigation that led to multiple arrests and jailings for many involved, 10 counts of obstruction. That investigation?
    Except for the actual charge that was alleged.

I would love to, but unfortunately your guy got banned for inciting violence. I'm sure they did not want to ban a chief income earner but he was so bad - they had too. Yep, the president of the usa was so toxic he had to be banned!Anyways, just on woman abuse, take your pick below. Though I'm sure you could come up with 61 piles of bullshit as a response to each quote
    https://theweek.com/articles/655770/...id-about-women
    So, reading the list - they can broadly be taken on 3 categories:

1: Insulting the person directly (nothing to do with their gender)
    2: Insulting people over their actions (nothing to do with their gender)
    3: Commenting people on their Looks

But I think the one Quote I'm going to cite is this:

Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression 'the weaker sex' was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.
    It seems Trump treats women as Equals - he talks to them in the exact same manner that he talks to Men.

Now, I'll agree that many of the comments are very impolite and rude (even if they may contain nuggets of Truth) - the Challenge however was to show a quote that shows he hates women. And from that list - and the above quote, it seems he respects them at least as a worthy adversarys and treats them exactly the same as he treats Men.

And that is what true Equality looks like - being treated equally - which includes being insulted equally.

So your framing of this is all of americas corruption can be laid at the feet of dastardly marxists
    Specifically, the major issues of the last 10-20 years.

I'm sure there are other corruptions that have different roots and are far older (the Lobbyists are probably the best example here).

and a system that is well in the process of creating a planet that will be too toxic for humans to live on due to unchecked greed and corruption.
    In the 60s it was a system that was creating a planet too cold to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet too acidic to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet without enough Ozone to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet that was too hot to live on. Now it's a system that's creating a planet that is too changing to live on.

Curiously, the predictions always seem to be wrong and curiously they always seem to include a particular critique of Capitalism...

Should I also point out why the Green Party also just so happen to be the most left-wing Marxist Party in NZ?

It's almost like there's a link there... that maybe some of the people making the predictions have a vested interest in not only there being a disaster just around the corner if we don't act Now (and give them $$$ in research funding) but also they might be wanting to replace the Capitalist system (that's *clearly* the cause of every issue) with something else...

Just a thought...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    But the trajectory DOUBLED - so clearly something Trump did (that Obama didn't) doubled the rate at which it grew.
    No it didn't as per Husa well researched stats.

What Sacrifices are actually made by wearing a golden Star?
    I did not ask about ab a unrelated Gold star. The mask was to curtail a virus, a star was to mark a specific race and only related in your ever desperate need to win a "point", no matter how ridiculous your premise
    Again, what freedoms did wearing a mask prevent one from enjoying?

Again, there's a principled stand that says 'The Government doesn't get to dictate how I can enjoy my Natural Rights'.
    So by your logic, why have any government mandated laws at all? The mask was a safety measure and from what I can make out in no way prevents one from enjoying freedom.

What the Mask issue became was a display of Virtue by one side ('Look at how good we are, following all the rules, aren't we good people') and a display of rebellion by the other
    Only idiots that swallowed trumps divisive bullshit swallowed that one. I'm loving watching you write this stuff, it shows how far away from reality you are willing to go to protect the love of your life - trump

But no more shitty than every other company, and so nothing to uniquely criticize Trump on
    And there in a nutshell is your "free pass for trump" in any and every situation - if someone else has done it, then it's ok for trump for trump to do it.

True, but the point that in the short history of the Internet, one-time undisputed titans were beaten by a new, better platform.
    And Trump is going to bring such a platform?

FJ's responses miss some key parts.
    As apparrently did you - which I already knew from your statement "followed to the letter". Yeah right.

I'm going to cite the opinion of Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie, when asked about the remark:

"Well, it's politics."

So it seems the ex-Pows and Veterans also knew and understood the context in which the comment was given.
    Well done, you have just attributed one persons view to hundreds of thousands of people. Top stuff!

Even if there was no bribery or corruption, was it outside the Spirit of the law? Yes.
    But was it outside the letter of the law? No.

Now, I agree with your overarching point that a Model, even one per-eminent in their field, shouldn't be able to qualify for such a Visa (because, as I'm sure you'll agree, they don't exactly contribute much...)

However, that all said, she got through with the right documentation and paperwork
    Well yes, because no investigation required for you to categorically know it was all above board and within the law. So even though it smells in a spectacularly bad way, nothing untoward happened. Yet an obscure anomaly and those dastardly dems gone done rigged the election. Clearly no bias there huh

Except for the actual charge that was alleged.
    The other charges are very much related.

So, reading the list - they can broadly be taken on 3 categories:

1: Insulting the person directly (nothing to do with their gender)
    2: Insulting people over their actions (nothing to do with their gender)
    3: Commenting people on their Looks
    I knew you could brush of 61 instances, nice work!

In the 60s it was a system that was creating a planet too cold to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet too acidic to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet without enough Ozone to live on. Then it was a system creating a planet that was too hot to live on. Now it's a system that's creating a planet that is too changing to live on.

Curiously, the predictions always seem to be wrong and curiously they always seem to include a particular critique of Capitalism...

Should I also point out why the Green Party also just so happen to be the most left-wing Marxist Party in NZ?

It's almost like there's a link there... that maybe some of the people making the predictions have a vested interest in not only there being a disaster just around the corner if we don't act Now (and give them $$$ in research funding) but also they might be wanting to replace the Capitalist system (that's *clearly* the cause of every issue) with something else...

Just a thought...
    I'm always bemused when the same people that at times like to say look to the science when it suits their arguements, then turn around and ignore it when it does not.
    Global warming is a thing mate
    So is a finite set of resources.

Do I have a solution for it - or a suggested ideology that would solve it?
    Absolutely not.
    As mentioned, my opinion is it will always fail because of human nature.
    Want an example? When something as simple and logical as wearing a mask to save lives becomes something to bicker over, fake indignation that some how wearing one curtails freedoms and is also some sort of political statement. Well, there is no hope for such morons, of which there is a vast number of.

Bike
    husaberg
    It certainly killed Trump that said ex pow killed his kill Obamacare act lol
    I'm quite sure most ex-pows did not support Trump's statements or indeed trump.

Trump couldn't even get full republican support for getting rid of Obamacare.

"We are an important check on the powers of the Executive. Our consent is necessary for the President to appoint jurists and powerful government officials and in many respects to conduct foreign policy. Whether or not we are of the same party, we are not the President's subordinates. We are his equal!

"As his responsibilities are onerous, many and powerful, so are ours. And we play a vital role in shaping and directing the judiciary, the military, and the cabinet, in planning and supporting foreign and domestic policies. Our success in meeting all these awesome constitutional obligations depends on cooperation among ourselves.

10 members of his own Republican party even voted to impeach Trump

but yeah
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Is our resident Washington post correspondent going to publish the retraction they made in regards to a major Trump article around time of election that was basically complete fake news... ????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The media are tripping over themselves trying to solve the mystery of why Africans aren't dying from covid as badly as the west.
    Africans routinely take a cheap safe anti malaria drug invented in n 1960's called hydroxychloroquine....
    Scooby Doo would solve that puzzle faster
    Nothing to do with Trump.
    If you widened your reading circle to sources outside the mainstream media machine you’ll find plenty of independant sources were saying hey we experimented with this and had some success.

Hydroxyclhoriquine has been around since 60’s been used years officially as anti malaria drug and its super cheap.

This statement has been fact checked and found to be true.
    Well well well, our journey into communist hell continues.

There has only been 1650 alleged cases (out of 700,000 tests!!!!) of the virus, but what has spread faster has been submission to communist control.
    Nearly 2 million have downloaded the Covid app so you can be sent to a govt “ health” camp to catch the virus if you didnt already have it.

But yay 3 million kiwis have said no to turning their phone into govt spy device.

Tommorow is D-day, public transport will be the barometer of how many of us have rolled belly up to mask wearing.
    Hopefully most will say screw this shit and drive their cars to work.

You don’t have to wear a mask if it affects your physical or mental health and you do NOT need to present documents to prove this.

Out and about it’s refreshing to see nearly No one scanning the qr code thingy.

It’s quite clear now as the mountain of contradictions grow that it’s not about stopping the “virus”..

Masks are for destroying social interaction and communication with strangers. You know those moments in life when some shitbag is bashing his missus and enough of you make visual contact to know you’ve got each other back and intervene.
    But with masks there will never be any Flight 93 “lets roll” moments of bravery, you’ll never know if your fellow citizen is a Karen or Stasi as you reluctantly board the blacked out train carriage...
    A cop will never see your friendly smile, never know you like them and not let you off that minor stop sign indescretion...
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information