Page 172 of 382 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5723

Thread: Trump

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    If you want to know more feel free to check.

Lauren Boebert was recently elected to Congress, she's a Trumpist gun activist who wants to wear her piece in the chamber. She owns a restaurant promoting wearing of guns, but not masks apparently. The tax people were into her for $20,000 in back taxes. By a remarkable coincidence she submitted a milaege claim related to her election campaign that totalled a bit over $20,000 enabling her to clear her tax debt.

Somebody with a gift for arithmetic calculated that the mileage required to be reimbursed $20,000 is equivalent to one and a half times the earth's circumference.
    The Federal Election Commission is investigating.

Will Ms Boebert be permitted to cast her votes from a jail cell?
    No body in New Zealand really cares pritch. Apartfrom you KB Knitting Circle Ladys that is of obviously.. It's just pure speculation on your part as has been the case for the last four plus years.

Looks like the Wardens and Adults a funally getting kiwibiker.co.nz back at last.

Just saying

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore

Lauren Boebert was recently elected to Congress, she's a Trumpist gun activist who wants to wear her piece in the chamber. She owns a restaurant promoting wearing of guns, but not masks apparently. The tax people were into her for $20,000 in back taxes. By a remarkable coincidence she submitted a milaege claim related to her election campaign that totalled a bit over $20,000 enabling her to clear her tax debt.

Somebody with a gift for arithmetic calculated that the mileage required to be reimbursed $20,000 is equivalent to one and a half times the earth's circumference.

60,000 Km in a country the size of the US for vehicle mileage - that's just over 5 return trips from the east coast to the west coast. Not entirely out of the realm of possible, but certainly implausible, and given the coincident, suspicious.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

Let's start with Maxine Waters: Telling her supporters to "Form a crowd and push back on them" and to "Harrass them" (Republicans) Now - Harassment is a crime, and so she's telling her supporters to commit a Crime.

For bonus points - that is exactly what did happen - people (not just republicans) were surrounded by angry Mobs in public and harassed by BLM protestors. Double ironic that the one person who didn't join in the 'act of solidarity'... Was a registered Democrat

Kamala Harris (context in this one is key - after the BLM Protests had killed more than 18 people, according to Wikipedia and $2.5 Billion according to Wikipedia):

So to everyone keeping up the fight, you are doing something. You are doing something great. - Again and I must stress - this speech was made AFTER multiple people had been killed in the riots, and she is telling them not only to keep up 'the fight' but they are doing something Great.

Not only that, but unlike Trump - in the statements where they are calling for people to keep fighting, to harass people, to be out night after night - there is no qualifying statement either in the sentence itself in the speeches, no demarcation that this is to be done 'Peacefully' or with just 'Your voices heard'

So I put it to you: If Trump is guilty of incitement, based on the standards the Democrats are setting forth - then there are multiple Democrats who have exceeded that threshold and should also be impeached.
    Yes, by all means impeach or charge them for breaking the law - just make sure they are in a jail cell right along Trump. But they won't, just like the republicans won't do the right thing in terms of Trump, because lets face it, only the little people face consequences in the US. By and large, the bigwigs never pay consequences unless they pissed off the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Short answer: I have no opinion on it, because it is not a call to an action, directed at the crowd.
    That does not surprise me one bit, bit hard to defend eh.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh noes... he didn't say the things he said in the context that he said them. T'was a bunch of bullshit, conspiracy even, to suck in the soundbite generation.

I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yes, by all means impeach or charge them for breaking the law - just make sure they are in a jail cell right along Trump.
    Nah.

Conventional wisdom seems to dictate:
    If you’ve got the facts, you pound the facts.
    If you’ve got the law, you pound the law.
    If you’ve got nothing, you pound the table.

If all else fails, you try whataboutism.

And TDL's got nothing but whataboutism, which means he's got nuthin'.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    On another matter, watching the Impeachment trial hearings was utterly depressing. Not least because there are uninformed fuckwits that will believe the tripe the defence were spouting.

It was immensely uplifting to hear the announcement that Officer Goodman is to receive the Congressional Gold Medal. The highest award Congress can give.
    It's not just that he was couragious, he showed an ability to think under pressure and in so doing he saved lives. Just how well he performed was not generally known until we saw the security footage from inside the Capitol building.

Well done that man.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    On another matter, watching the Impeachment trial hearings was utterly depressing. Not least because there are uninformed fuckwits that will believe the tripe the defence were spouting.
    That is ancient history pritch. If it is eating you soooo much I suggest you seek help and FAST.

Bike
    husaberg
    In one of the early days of the hearing, Trump's defense tried to assert that as trump was no longer president impeaching him was somehow unconstitutional.
    He seems to miss that one of the reasons for the impeachment was to make sure he never was in a position of power again thus preventing him to again try and subvert the US constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    In one of the early days of the hearing, Trump's defense tried to assert that as trump was no longer president impeaching him was somehow unconstitutional.
    They keep regurgitating that. Trump was impeached while still in office. He could have been tried while still in office but McConnell wouldn't allow that.. So the reason the trial is now was their choice.

The lawyer for Trump (yet another new one) tried that unconstitutional crap this afternoon. The top Dem shot that down by reminding him that they had a vote on that and the matter of whether or not this is constitutional has been resolved and it has no further bearing,

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    The acquittal, which was always a foregone conclusion, opens the floodgates for future dictators, self-styled kings etc. to try their luck at gaining, then indefinitely holding onto the top job in the USA through any means they like.
    I watched the trial, listening to both sides present their cases, and there was no comparison between the competency of the sides. Trump's lawyers may as well have been wearing Krusty the Klown costumes; yet despite their horrifically abysmal representation of "Trump's side of the argument", they knew they never had to worry about how shoddy or laughable they looked - their client was always going to be let off the hook by his spineless lemming Republican senators.
    Trump can now have the party he was planning (even though it's not a Presidential election one).
    I wait with bated breath for how long it will take a swamp monster worse than him to roll him over and make all the moves, successfully, that Trump couldn't to gain everlasting POTUS power. It will come be assured of that. Trump was an idiot on many fronts; there will have been many others watching, learning, and refining what he couldn't achieve, all safe in the knowledge that as long as they have a rabid base of supporters prepared to unite in civil disobedience and carnage they can do whatever they like as they will not be held accountable.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    husaberg
    You have to enjoy the irony that they interpret "shall" as "must"...
    Also that the reason he wasn't on trial whilst he was president was Mitch delayed it.........
    The only saving grace was they said he was guilty of inciting it.
    Mcdonnels spech was quite damning nevertheless
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    You have to enjoy the irony that they interpret "shall" as "must"...
    Also that the reason he wasn't on trial whilst he was president was Mitch delayed it.........
    The only saving grace was they said he was guilty of inciting it.
    Mcdonnels spech was quite damning nevertheless
    Shall and must are interchangable big boy. Basicly yuou are ordering a person to do a certain task.

If you had been in a supervisopy role you would know this.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

A quick google shows the claim is over a seven month period, which is a bit over 5000miles a month or 1300 miles a week ( based on 37000 miles)
    A Democrat from New York claimed 39000 miles in theirs....
    Someone at that level prob owns multiple vehicles and has support staff....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Oh we gonna do this, we gonna do that, we gonna nail him with ....,

Aqquited which is even better than not guilty, EPIC.....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion the trial was just as importantly for the benefit of the American public. Court of public opinion is very powerful. Everyone knew, Dems included, that trumpy would once again sleaze his way out of accountability regardless of the evidence brought against him.
    Bring on the criminal court cases and let’s see him slither out of those.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Thread Information