Page 211 of 382 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 5723

Thread: Trump

Bike
    husaberg
    He’s Teflon Don no more, at least when it comes to court.
    Donald Trump, no longer insulated by claims of presidential protections, faces a host of increasingly serious legal problems in some of the US’s most high-profile courts, including both criminal investigation and civil litigation.
    When Donald Trump was president, his lawyers repeatedly claimed that presidential immunity shielded him from civil litigation unrelated to his official duties, among other legal actions. Court after court rejected that position, with various judges ruling “no one is above the law” – though his numerous appeals delayed litigation.
    The Washington Post reported on 25 May that Manhattan prosecutors had convened the grand jury that is “expected to decide whether to indict Donald Trump, other executives at his company or the business itself, should prosecutors present the panel with criminal charges”.
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell nonetheless made it clear he still felt Trump was responsible, saying: "
    There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day."
    Giuliani told the crowd "let's have trial by combat... I'll be darned if they're going to take our free and fair vote."
    Trump, who then took the stage, urged people to march to the Capitol. More than 200 people have been charged with federal offences in the assault on Congress, which left five dead.
    The FBI and federal prosecutors have been increasingly focusing on whether members of far-right extremist groups conspired to impede Congress from certifying President Joe Biden's election victory.
    More than 18 people associated with the Proud Boys have been charged so far for their alleged role during the riots

Other issues
    Manhattan prosecutors’ inquiry into Trump and his business concerns has hit an “advanced stage” after proceeding for more than two years. More, it indicates that Manhattan prosecutors believe they have discovered evidence of a crime.
    Meanwhile, the New York state attorney general has ramped up its investigation. “We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the organization is no longer purely civil in nature. We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA
    Trump has been under investigation by New York’s top prosecutors for three years – in large part thanks to Cohen, once his trusted lawyer. Cohen – who once said he would “take a bullet” for Trump – turned on the former president as he was sentenced to 36 months in prison for crimes including facilitating illegal payments to silence two women who allegedly had sex with Trump.
    On the surface, the Weisselberg charges did seem like “smaller fish”. In an interview with Politico, Trump’s lawyer Ronald Fischetti said: “It’s like the Shakespeare play Much Ado About Nothing. This is so small that I can’t believe I’m going to have to try a case like this.”
    But surfaces can be deceptive.
    After three years of subpoenas, supreme court hearings and existential legal rows about the legality of charging a president of the United States with wrongdoing, New York’s fearsome prosecutorial team have charged a little-known 73-year-old accountant with defrauding taxpayers of $1.7m over 15 years
    . That is big money for most people, but not an amount that would worry Trump, who Forbes calculates is worth $2.4bn.

The US Department of Justice, which is representing Trump, had claimed that he should be considered a regular federal employee and that his statements fell within the parameters of his employment. As such, the DoJ contended, Trump was protected by the “Federal Tort Claims Act” – meaning its lawyers could represent him.
    The judge in the case did not agree that Trump was a regular federal worker, nor that these statements were part of his work.
    Trumps lawyers have tried to halt cases, citing presidential protection from the legal action. Trump’s legal team appealed to New York’s highest court after suffering prior legal defeats related to the immunity issue. On 30 March, the court ultimately rejected this appeal, saying “the issues presented have become moot” given that he is no longer president.
    various......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Lock her up. Lock her up.

Sorry I got confused . 😕
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump's problems are quite complicated. Apparently some people think the recent charges will cover all of his wrong doing. Not so.

The charges faced by his CFO and the Trump Organisation are specifically related to tax evasion. The grand jury is one month in to a six month hearing so more charges are likely, but they will be specifically tax or fraud related. Anybody who still thinks he is unlikely to be guilty has clearly forgotten that his "university" was found by the court to be fraudulent, and his charity foundation was shut down by the court because of fraud. Those events were not accidents, more like Trump's SOP.

As time passes increasing evidence comes to light of his corruption in office. Sadly much of it will be written off as "not technically illegal". Somebody suggested when he was elected that those words would sum up his presidency. And so it came to pass...

I did like one detail recently reported: White House staff who wanted to avoid Trump for whatever reason just went up to the next floor. They knew there was no possibility of Trump walking up the stairs.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I just love how people can’t let go of Trumps legacy of achievement. You think you guys would all be in Biden thread posting of his umm eerrr.....well... yeah....

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I just love how people can’t let go of Trumps legacy of achievement.
    trumps legacy of achievements.

U.S. budget deficit hits all-time high of $3.1 trillion...
    The only American president to be impeached twice.The third commander-in-chief in US history to be impeached
    Trump’s legacy will be defined by his disastrous handling of COVID-19.....
    Thousands are dying daily from the COVID-19 pandemic, the economy is badly damaged and political violence has surged.
    Trump’s refusal to concede defeat to Joe Biden.
    The Dow fell a record 2,013.76 points to 23,851.02
    Confirmed a guy with multiple sexual assault allegations to the supreme court
    Failed to overturn Obamacare despite sentate majorities.
    Misspent billions building a small section of wall no one needed. he declared a state of emergency to steal defense money to do it.
    Pick a measure, almost any measure, and the trajectory of his first three years was identical to that of Barack Obama’s final three years: unemployment, manufacturing, wages, you name it. And whereas Obama passed a successful economy to Trump, Trump bequeaths a wreck to his successor.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I just love how people can’t let go of Trumps legacy of achievement. You think you guys would all be in Biden thread posting of his umm eerrr.....well... yeah....
    I personally think Trumps achievement was proving that ... with the right backing ... any US citizen can be President if the US of A.

Let the children dream ... and the children will try.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump's achievements?
    Lost the popular vote - twice.
    Lost Congress.
    Lost the Senate.
    Lost the White House.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Trump's achievements?
    Lost Congress.
    Lost the Senate.
    Lost the White House.
    But it does show what someone can do with a small loan of 120 million dollars and the backing of the Koch brohers if you use racism to garner support.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Trump's achievements?
    Lost Congress.
    Lost the Senate.
    Lost the White House.
    He got to be President of the USA. Could YOU achieve that .. ??

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    He got to be President of the USA. Could YOU achieve that .. ??
    No, I wasn't born there. Thank God.

South Park summed it up when they pointed out that the Yanks only ever get to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.

Looking back, the two final candidates are all too often very uninspiring people. (I know there are often other candidates, Greens, Libertarians, or other similar nutcases, but they have zero chance of getting elected.)

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I'm replying late to this one because as I have noticed on our previous convos of this ilk, your credibility slides downwards sharply as you cling onto tiny ridiculous anomilies in a desperate bid to support your own position. Thus my priority of reply has subsequently taken a dive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I'll come back to this in a separate post - with more than just the BBC - and I'll make a point of citing my sources from Left-leaning sites (so there can be no accusation of Pro-Trump interpretation).
    No point, your findings of wee anomalies will not surpass the avalanche of quality info from Husa.

Interesting Article - the one thing that particularly caught my eye was the fact that the Payments were handled by a 3rd party...
    As are most payments, see that rotting corpse in the corner? That is your credibility decomposing? Why? Because despite the avalanche of evidence Trumps mob despicably charged multiple donors cards you just cannot even begin to admit this is outright fraud. Apparently "other people do it" mints another free pass for the cretin.

When Trumps says he could shoot someone and still not lose voters is a reference to how his blindly loyal supporters will always back him no matter what. You are the poster child for his sentiments.

Getting back to Trumpbook or Trumper or YouTrump - If Trump could get a functional social Media platform built and If it was structured in such a way as to conform with principles of Free Speech and If it had a number of high profile users (and Trump would certainly be a high profile user) - then it's possible.
    Thin skinned Trump allowing free speech on his platform

Schooling? Most of FJ's critiques validate my position, not contradict or refute them.
    I do not see him racing to agree with you there

And the second is on Human Greed - Enter the Capitalist system: If you want something, you have to do things for other people - Selfish Altruism that self-motivates the individual to do things for other people so that those other people will exchange their resources - and thus if everyone buys into the system (Pun fully intended) then it generates a prosperous Society.
    Until the planets resources run out that is - it cannot support unbridled endless capitalism.

If he insults my wife the same way he insults a man, that's equality.

Just like it's equality if he receives a tap on the nose for doing it in (from Me or Her...) the same way as if anyone else said it...

Again, the point here is that if you are equally rude to everyone, that's not discriminatory nor is it evidence of a particular dislike of one group. It may not be nice or polite, but if you tried everyone badly, it is equality.
    See reference to Trump shooting someone and not losing loyal subjects - has your cane for the visually impaired arrived from amazon yet? I do not believe you could bring yourself to ever admit anything Trump says is actually bad. you just keep coming up with ludicrous scenarios where your hero is not at fault. Such scenarios that only make sense in the most seriously of afflicted TDS sufferers minds.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Looking back, the two final candidates are all too often very uninspiring people. (I know there are often other candidates, Greens, Libertarians, or other similar nutcases, but they have zero chance of getting elected.)
    So what got him elected as President ... ?? Aside from his money ... ??

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I'm replying late to this one because as I have noticed on our previous convos of this ilk, your credibility slides downwards sharply as you cling onto tiny ridiculous anomilies in a desperate bid to support your own position. Thus my priority of reply has subsequently taken a dive.
    As is your want and right, I too have been rather busy of later (and starting to get back to Normality) - there's several posts in this thread that I would like respond in full to and haven't been able to do so.

No point, your findings of wee anomalies will not surpass the avalanche of quality info from Husa.
    An interesting comment... Because that is a statement of absolute faith.

"We have the Bible, the One true Book and no Anomalies will surpass the Word of our Lord and Saviour Gawd"

Of course, I will still compile a list - just not at the moment.

As are most payments, see that rotting corpse in the corner? That is your credibility decomposing? Why? Because despite the avalanche of evidence Trumps mob despicably charged multiple donors cards you just cannot even begin to admit this is outright fraud. Apparently "other people do it" mints another free pass for the cretin.
    There are 2 distinct concepts here.

One is the automatic enrolling in subscription based repeat payments. I've been happy to agree that it is not something I like, but I've pointed out that this is now a common thing. Doesn't mean I'm happy that it's common, but to pillory someone for doing something that is a common business practice is not charitable.

On the double payments issue - You are happy to ascribe to Malice things that are far more likely to be the result of technical errors. You've stated your reasons for doing so - but what is lacking is hard proof that either entity was deliberately double-billing.

Show me an email or internal Memo where it says they were aware of the issue but ignored it in order to garnish more funds - then perhaps I might move slightly - but as yet - such evidence has been distinctly lacking.

When Trumps says he could shoot someone and still not lose voters is a reference to how his blindly loyal supporters will always back him no matter what. You are the poster child for his sentiments.
    Why are we bringing up a 5 year old, obviously hyperbolic comment? Shall I bring up Biden's F-15's and Nukes comment (which is much more topical) if we are going down the path of 'US Presidents issuing veiled threats towards the populace'?

Thin skinned Trump allowing free speech on his platform

Well, in Gettr's ToS - they state that Freedom of Speech is one of their Core Values - so we'll see what happens.

I do not see him racing to agree with you there
    Many of the questions he asked in his last post boil down to the following 'This is what was intended, this is what they did - but this is what happened and therefore you are wrong' - which is exactly my critique of the system 'Yes, They did apply it as per the theory, but reality worked out vastly different, that's why it's so wrong' However as above - that is one of the posts I wish to revisit.

Until the planets resources run out that is - it cannot support unbridled endless capitalism.
    What do you mean when you say the resources run out? That they are sent off into outerspace and no longer accessible? I know what you are getting at - but I disagree with the premise.

As we consume resources, they are changed from one form to another - The various Atoms/Molecules etc. are still there. So it will come down to either a form of recycling or choice which leads to:

If we assume a total free market approach, we will get to a point where Supply and Demand equalize at a given price point. If we assume that we've mined all the Iron Ore in all of the planet, then there are 2 things that will happen. Existing structures containing Iron/Steel will start to increase in value to the point that recycling them become economically viable OR the Price of Steel Structures will be so prohibitively expensive that only those items which absolutely necessitate Iron will use it and everything else will have to find alternatives.

I personally believe that as we approach that point though, the market pressure for demand will spur innovation (as it always does) to either alternative tech, recycling or similar when the price-point gets sufficiently high to make it profitable.

We are starting to see this in some markets (Copper for example) where the cost of extracting Copper from the Earth is comparable with the cost of recycling existing Copper.

So to wrap up - when you say the resources run out - they don't run out, they are only changed from one form to the next and if we approach a point where we have 100% utilization (which I highly doubt) of a given resource, we will then have to make choices, via the mechanism of the Free Market as to where and how we leverage said resources.

See reference to Trump shooting someone and not losing loyal subjects - has your cane for the visually impaired arrived from amazon yet? I do not believe you could bring yourself to ever admit anything Trump says is actually bad. you just keep coming up with ludicrous scenarios where your hero is not at fault. Such scenarios that only make sense in the most seriously of afflicted TDS sufferers minds.
    As above - if you want to go down that road, I'm more than happy to raise F-15s and Nukes from Biden (And the AFT... not the ATF... According to Biden) - Somehow, hyperbole about shooting an individual pales in comparison to baiting literally half the country into a Civil War (and the implied threat of using Nuclear weapons on your own populace)

(But y'know - the Tree of Liberty - Blood of Patriots and Tyrants - another quote Joe managed to mangle spectacularly....)
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

Because that is a statement of absolute faith.
    Not at all, he used solid sources, you on the other hand are trying to say the economy doubled under trump.

There are 2 distinct concepts here.

One is the automatic enrolling in subscription based repeat payments. I've been happy to agree that it is not something I like, but I've pointed out that this is now a common thing. Doesn't mean I'm happy that it's common, but to pillory someone for doing something that is a common business practice is not charitable.

On the double payments issue - You are happy to ascribe to Malice things that are far more likely to be the result of technical errors. You've stated your reasons for doing so - but what is lacking is hard proof that either entity was deliberately double-billing.
    He set out to hide the recurring, then multi dipped on too many occasions for it to be an anomaly. I'm sick and tired of your bullshit answers here, your guy is extremely dishonest in this scenario no matter how many coats you of whitewash you apply. so it is my last go at this subject.

Why are we bringing up a 5 year old, obviously hyperbolic comment? Shall I bring up Biden's F-15's and Nukes comment (which is much more topical) if we are going down the path of 'US Presidents issuing veiled threats towards the populace'?
    Because he was talking about the likes of YOU when he made it.

Many of the questions he asked in his last post boil down to the following 'This is what was intended, this is what they did - but this is what happened and therefore you are wrong' - which is exactly my critique of the system 'Yes, They did apply it as per the theory, but reality worked out vastly different, that's why it's so wrong' However as above - that is one of the posts I wish to revisit.
    Good luck with that, I'll enjoy watching you get another spanking when you do

What do you mean when you say the resources run out? That they are sent off into outerspace and no longer accessible?
    Not every resource can be recycled. I do agree that necessity is the mother of creation. But what a fucking mess we have on our hands right now.

As above - if you want to go down that road, I'm more than happy to raise F-15s and Nukes from Biden (And the AFT... not the ATF... According to Biden) - Somehow, hyperbole about shooting an individual pales in comparison to baiting literally half the country into a Civil War (and the implied threat of using Nuclear weapons on your own populace)

(But y'know - the Tree of Liberty - Blood of Patriots and Tyrants - another quote Joe managed to mangle spectacularly....)
    Sure if you like, just sounds like you are going to hammer Biden for something you would assign an instant free pass for Trump had he done it. You know, It was just hyperbole, he did not mean it literally yadda, yadda. Slippery slope and all that. Also, try to remember just because I am a never trumper, does not make me a dem lover.

Saved you the trouble Biden “Well, the tree of liberty is not [watered with] the blood of patriots, what’s happened is that there never been, if you want, if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons,” Biden continued. “The point is that there’s always been the ability to limit, rationally limit, the type of weapon that can be owned, and who can own it.”

It would appear to me he is saying that if you want to take on the government, you will need more than the weapons he is looking to get banned - or thereabouts.
    I'm not surprised you are trying to project he was "baiting" half the country into civil war. The same poster who gave trump a free pass on jan 6th because he mentioned the word "peacefully" one single time along with an avalanche of words designed to incite. You my friend are an absolute riot

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Not at all, he used solid sources, you on the other hand are trying to say the economy doubled under trump.
    I said the rate of growth doubled...

He set out to hide the recurring, then multi dipped on too many occasions for it to be an anomaly. I'm sick and tired of your bullshit answers here, your guy is extremely dishonest in this scenario no matter how many coats you of whitewash you apply. so it is my last go at this subject.
    So you have emails/bug reports/Memos/Anything to back this up, yes?

Something that shows actual intent to defraud, yes?

Not conjecture based on circumstantial facts and your view of Trump?

Because if you had such proof, it would be plastered across every single left-wing outlet from now until the Rapture and given how Loudly they bleated about things like the Impeachment, I think I've got a reasonably strong case to say that no such evidence either exists or has come to public knowledge.

Because he was talking about the likes of YOU when he made it.
    Okay, we'll cross this bridge below.

Good luck with that, I'll enjoy watching you get another spanking when you do
    I'm sure you will, but if you would also read the Academic literature that backs the points I'm making you'll realise that your enjoyment isn't as satisfying as you first thought. A lot more depressing, in fact.

Not every resource can be recycled. I do agree that necessity is the mother of creation. But what a fucking mess we have on our hands right now.
    Disagreee on the first part - from 2 positions.

The first being Absolute Pedantry - but unless the Atoms that comprise the resource are destroyed (and even then Matter can be converted to Energy and hypothetically vice-versa), then in 'theory' it should be possible to recycle everything

The only resource I could perhaps grant you isn't recyclable, is Time - but then I ask from which perspective - an individual who gets maybe 80 odd years? But in terms of Life as an overall - hundreds of Millions of years leaves me in disagreement.

In terms of Mess - Do we? Who is it that is saying we have an absolute mess on our hands? Do they have an ulterior motive for convincing you that we have a Mess on our hands? Are they trying to create the illusion of Crisis in order to push an alternate Political and Economic system (that has failed each time)?

Why is it that the Green Party (both here, the UK and other places) always end up as the Communist Party?

Sure if you like, just sounds like you are going to hammer Biden for something you would assign an instant free pass for Trump had he done it. You know, It was just hyperbole, he did not mean it literally yadda, yadda. Slippery slope and all that. Also, try to remember just because I am a never trumper, does not make me a dem lover.
    I know you aren't a Dem lover - you wish to nail Trump for saying he could shoot a single person dead and still be popular - I consider that Hyperbole.

You want me to take it seriously, okay fair enough, so let's compare it against another statement that should also be taken as Hyperbole (I didn't bring it up prior) - by the Man with his finger on the Nuclear button.

One person shot in 5th avenue vs 'If you attack us, we'll nuke you' - If we apply the standard you wish to apply against Trump evenly to both sides - The Democrats come out looking like tyrannical monsters whereas Trump only comes out looking vaguely bad (in comparison).

So I asked if you wanted to go down this road - you clearly did - I was happy to write both statements off as clear figures of speech.

Saved you the trouble Biden “Well, the tree of liberty is not [watered with] the blood of patriots, what’s happened is that there never been, if you want, if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons,” Biden continued. “The point is that there’s always been the ability to limit, rationally limit, the type of weapon that can be owned, and who can own it.”
    So first let's get the factual components out the way.

Biden butchered the Jefferson quote - which for a US President should be borderline inexcusable.

Next up is that he is historically wrong about the 2nd Amendment - Private Citizens could and did own Cannons, Warships etc. Let me be clear - Every weapon that was available to the Government when the 2A was written and signed was available to the Private Citizen (for the appropriate cost)

Either Biden is ignorant of the historical facts surrounding the 2nd Amendment (which again, as a US President should be inexcusable) or he's being deceptive (given the context, more likely) and I've even been charitable and not added in a potential Mental decline jab.

It would appear to me he is saying that if you want to take on the government, you will need more than the weapons he is looking to get banned - or thereabouts.
    I'm not surprised you are trying to project he was "baiting" half the country into civil war. The same poster who gave trump a free pass on jan 6th because he mentioned the word "peacefully" one single time along with an avalanche of words designed to incite. You my friend are an absolute riot
    But as per President Biden - if you want to overthrow the US Government, you need F15s and Nukes, right? So whatever happened on Jan 6th cannot have been an insurrection - no F15s or Nukes were involved....

Then we have to consider what his intent was - and I'm going to use your words:

"if you want to take on the government, you will need more than the weapons he is looking to get banned"

Then, there's absolutely no reason for the Government to ban them, is there? Clearly not a threat (as per Biden).

And it's doubly hilarious because the Democrats have long held up the argument that the AR platform is a Weapon of War and so should only be used by the Military, yet in the same breath - they are now saying it's innefective as a Weapon of War... I mean take your pick - which is it? Is it an effective tool or not?

Now the funny part is, I actually semi-agree with what Biden is saying - that if the US Government DID turn tyrannical, the level of Firepower available to it (assuming no mass desertions - which considering it would be a gross violation of the Posse Comitatus act, is unlikely) would be very one-sided - but that Threat is based on the willingness to Nuke your own citizens.

So I'll leave it at this - I'm happy to interpret what Biden said as clearly Hyperbole, he doesn't want to actually nuke the Citizenry of the US but in order for me to hold that interpretation you will likewise have to hold the position that Trump doesn't want to shoot anyone in 5th Avenue either.

But if you insist on taking the literal interpretation, then that's fair - I'd choose the Person who shoots a single person over the Person that Nukes their country any day of the week - so I ask - which would you prefer?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information