Page 228 of 381 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5712

Thread: Trump

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump has written a book. No, let me rephrase that, there is a new Trump book. In a way it's very Trump, it's a picture book. The pictures were reportedly taken by official photographers or otherwise obtained at the tax payer's expense. At least it's not a colouring book.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    You all laughed st the Space Force But..,,

https://joannenova.com.au/2021/12/th...gerous-stunts/
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You all laughed st the Space Force But..,,

https://joannenova.com.au/2021/12/th...gerous-stunts/
    How can we take an article seriously when at the top left of it are the words "Fauci appoints himself God of Science".
    When a mod fixing a link for you somehow turns into "censorship" don't you think it might be time to consider you have a problem with what is real and what is not?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    How can we take an article seriously when at the top left of it are the words "Fauci appoints himself God of Science".
    When a mod fixing a link for you somehow turns into "censorship" don't you think it might be time to consider you have a problem with what is real and what is not?
    Mad Marge wants Fauci arrested and charged. She neglected to menton what for.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is all over Twitter. It's is the official Trump Christmas card. If you think it resembles an ejaculating penis you are not alone. It's so bad it must be sabotage surely.
    The look on his face suggests he missed the bit about the season of goodwill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FF4_6SaVkAEGQDo.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	350228  

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Mad Marge wants Fauci arrested and charged. She neglected to menton what for.
    Lying to Congress I believe.

There's been quite a bit of debate about the whole Gain of Function research. From what I've read, Fauci appears to be using a technical loophole to say it's not Gain of Function, namely that if the addition of a particular protein to an existing virus isn't know to increase it's potency, then it's technically not gain of function.

Others (particularly Rand Paul) have been grilling Fauci over this, claiming he lied to Congress as the modification of an existing Virus is gain of function.

If I take the most neutral position - it seems very clear that Fauci and co were operating in a grey area, both in the legal sense and the Moral.

As for the God of Science meme - I think the actual statement bears scrutiny:

So it’s easy to criticize, but they’re really criticizing science because I represent science.
    That's an interesting phrase, something that a Prophet or Cult Leader might say...:

So it’s easy to criticize, but they’re really criticizing God because I represent God.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Lying to Congress I believe.

There's been quite a bit of debate about the whole Gain of Function research. From what I've read, Fauci appears to be using a technical loophole to say it's not Gain of Function, namely that if the addition of a particular protein to an existing virus isn't know to increase it's potency, then it's technically not gain of function.

Others (particularly Rand Paul) have been grilling Fauci over this, claiming he lied to Congress as the modification of an existing Virus is gain of function.

If I take the most neutral position - it seems very clear that Fauci and co were operating in a grey area, both in the legal sense and the Moral.

As for the God of Science meme - I think the actual statement bears scrutiny:

That's an interesting phrase, something that a Prophet or Cult Leader might say...:
    I did watch the exchanges between Fauci and Rand Paul and It did seem Fauci was performing a delicate dance. Rand Paul though is a charlatan, every time he appears I think it’s time his neighbour had another chat.

Meanwhile it seems the SEC is investigating the financing of Trumps new media operation.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I did watch the exchanges between Fauci and Rand Paul and It did seem Fauci was performing a delicate dance. Rand Paul though is a charlatan, every time he appears I think it’s time his neighbour had another chat.
    I've got very little opinion on Rand Paul - however putting aside the Charlatan claim, he is/was a Doctor and his grilling of Fauci did come across as being well understood on the subject matter.

Delicate Dance is being far more charitable than I think is warranted.

Meanwhile it seems the SEC is investigating the financing of Trumps new media operation.
    Of course they are... Nothing suspicious there, whatsoever.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I've got very little opinion on Rand Paul - however putting aside the Charlatan claim, he is/was a Doctor and his grilling of Fauci did come across as being well understood on the subject matter.

Delicate Dance is being far more charitable than I think is warranted.
    Don't put the charlatan claim aside, it's relevant. Rand Paul qualified as an eye doctor, an ophthalmologist I believe. To practice as such it is required that he join the appropriate national body. He didn't do that, he set up his own alternate organisation run by himself and his wife - or some very similar arangement to that.

You might consult Rand Paul about an eye problem, I wouldn't. He certainly has no qualifications as an epidemiologist.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    TDL has such a bad case of Confirmation bias that he claims who he likes as an expert..
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    TDL has such a bad case of Confirmation bias that he claims who he likes as an expert..
    Not only that, he picks and choses the times he believes people like quoting the US supreme court one minute, then claiming he knows better then them later on....

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Don't put the charlatan claim aside, it's relevant. Rand Paul qualified as an eye doctor, an ophthalmologist I believe. To practice as such it is required that he join the appropriate national body. He didn't do that, he set up his own alternate organisation run by himself and his wife - or some very similar arangement to that.

You might consult Rand Paul about an eye problem, I wouldn't. He certainly has no qualifications as an epidemiologist.
    So, according to you, he's qualified as an Eye Doctor.

What does one have to do to become qualified as an Eye Doctor? Well, from my understanding you need to do some form of 'entry level' Bachelor of medical science or bachelor of Surgery or equivalent, which covers some of the fundamentals about how Viruses work.

I believe both Epidemiologists and Opthamologists both go through the same initial degree before specializing.

This would give Rand (by your own admission) enough professional knowledge to have a well-informed opinion on the subject.

But let's even put that aside - Let's analyze the interaction that we've both seen on the assumption that Rand Paul doesn't have any professional or medical knowledge on the issue: Why did Fauci have to dance around the Question? Surely Fauci would have been able to give a definite answer as to why what they acknowledge they were doing wasn't gain-of-function.

This is why your Charlatan claim is completely irrelevant.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Except I didn't...

If you are going to read what I post, then you might want to read it more carefully.

See, I've not said I favour Rand or Fauci - I'm saying that based on (and I'll use Pritch's description here) "Fauci was performing a delicate dance", From that Fauci appears at worst to be outright lying and at best seems to be muddying the water.

If Fauci is correct and it wasn't gain-of-function, then that appears to be on a technicality. Whether or not you give this technicality credence is up to you - given Fauci's evasion and avoidance, I'm inclined not to.

And I'll re-iterate, this is not due to any like or dislike of their respective expertise, but purely on the basis of how they handled the questioning.

If Rand is correct and it was Gain-of-function, then Fauci has lied in front of congress.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Not only that, he picks and choses the times he believes people lie quoting the US supreme court one minute then claiming he knows better then the later on....
    Lies built on lies built on misunderstanding.

Bike
    husaberg

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information