Page 155 of 381 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5711

Thread: Trump

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    it was written earlier that the officer died as a direct result of the fire extinguisher being thrown at his face.
    there was a video of the event circulated but i am not sure if it was the same officer who died.
    The officer was hit by a fire extinguisher thrown at his head by a retired fireman. Once felled by the blow to the head, the patriots present beat him to death with what ever they had to hand. Being proud "patriots" that seemed to be mainly flag poles.

I'm still somewhat surprised that some here don't think this was a coup attempt. If a take over of the lawfully elected government by armed insurrectionists with the support of complicit politicians is not a coup, what the fuck is?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

I'm still somewhat surprised that some here don't think this was a coup attempt. If a take over of the lawfully elected government by armed insurrectionists with the support of complicit politicians is not a coup, what the fuck is?
    The same one that thinks they know more than the US supreme court about US laws more than the FBI about security and it seems the and thinks gun law changes approved by 99% of the NZ mps are undemocratic..........
    One might wonder why they stormed the US Federal buildings if not to attempt to stop a vote that was democratically getting rid of Trump
    Were they going to cook a batch of cookies. Or were they using violence to illegally try to storm the buildings to stop a democratically elected group of people going about a democratic process to anoint the new democratically elected leader using a democratic legal process?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... I'm still somewhat surprised that some here don't think this was a coup attempt. If a take over of the lawfully elected government by armed insurrectionists with the support of complicit politicians is not a coup, what the fuck is?
    Invite them over here. You could be the next (ok FIRST) kiwi President.

They could be your next police force.

What could possibly go wrong ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    As I lay me down to sleep
    The Lord I pray my soul to keep
    If tommorow I awake
    The stupid lying orange turd will be fucking history.

OK it doesn't rhyme, it doesn't scan, but nobody's perfect.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    If a take over of the lawfully elected government by armed insurrectionists with the support of complicit politicians is not a coup, what the fuck is?
    Did they take over a lawfully elected Government ... or ... enter and occupy a Government building .. ???

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Steve Bannon passes the test but Joe Exotic doesn't. There are actually some deserving people on that list
    Amazing just how many on that list are for fraud and so many serious drug crimes i guess those republicans are really getting tough on crime.

We all know trump doesn't consider fraud serious, but drugs?.......is that serious only if they are Mexican?

but yes on quick perusal there does seem to be some deserving ones on that list.

I still expect a few family members will still be added, you know cause merica...... and nepotism
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Did they take over a lawfully elected Government ... or ... enter and occupy a Government building .. ???
    They attempted to overturn the appointment of the lawfully elected president. The Senate was in the process of affirming Biden as the elected president. An entirely ceremonial process. With the conivance of a couple of senators the insurgents tried to stop that and declare Trump elected.

Trump had tried to get Pence to declare him as having won the election rather than Biden. Pence said he couldn't, his role was only ceremonial. So Trump called Pence a traitor. The Trump 'patriots' were stalking the corridors shouting, "Hang Pence".

By any normal definition it was an attempted coup. Fortunately it was performed with Trump's customary blundering incompetence.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    trumps saying he never went to war with another country. I guess starting a war in your own country is not worth mentioning.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    maybe hes just waiting until he is officially no longer US prez so he can satisfy some KB idiots definition of a coup
    Trump was the only president to stop starting wars...... exactly what wats did Obama start?
    Obama actually slashed the number of U.S. troops in war zones from 150,000 to 14,000.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    They attempted to overturn the appointment of the lawfully elected president. The Senate was in the process of affirming Biden as the elected president. An entirely ceremonial process. With the conivance of a couple of senators the insurgents tried to stop that and declare Trump elected.

Trump had tried to get Pence to declare him as having won the election rather than Biden. Pence said he couldn't, his role was only ceremonial. So Trump called Pence a traitor. The Trump 'patriots' were stalking the corridors shouting, "Hang Pence".

By any normal definition it was an attempted coup. Fortunately it was performed with Trump's customary blundering incompetence.
    An attempted occupation of one building in one city does not make it a coup. Regardless of their intent.

Look at the coup that took place in Fiji. Compare the one there and the one you believe took place in the US.

Trumps lot couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. He needed a better class of supporters.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    As I lay me down to sleep
    The Lord I pray my soul to keep
    If tommorow I awake
    The stupid lying orange turd will be fucking history.

OK it doesn't rhyme, it doesn't scan, but nobody's perfect.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pritch again.

Hallelujah bruva
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    An attempted occupation of one building in one city does not make it a coup. Regardless of their intent.

Look at the coup that took place in Fiji. Compare the one there and the one you believe took place in the US.

Trumps lot couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. He needed a better class of supporters.
    Bullshit. Apples vs Oranges.

This was an attempted self- coup. Designed to keep him in power.

Fiona Hill - ex CIA international affairs expert who I suspect has organised a couple of coups in her time there spells out the classic steps in an article in the Guardian, Which i can't link to.

Demonise the press - enemies of the people.Place loyalists in positions of power. Cast doubt on the election process - and try to change the results. Refuse to acknowledge defeat. And keep lying....The big lie told often enough will be believed by enough people.

Then wind up the mob.....

If trump had the balls to actually lead the assault on the Capitol the scary thing is that it may have succeeded. With a President leading it in person there would have been enough confusion about chain of command that IMO a hell of a lot of politicians would have been either arrested or dead.

No, it probably wouldn't have lasted - but it might have.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    The only reason Trump wasn't arrested at the time and charged is because he was the President.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    You are comparing apples and oranges.
    That's the entire point. Only the Apples that you think I'm talking about are the Oranges and Vice-Versa.

The event time scales are vastly different as is the geography
    Sure, a supposed 'Coup' was over in less than a Day, whereas an attempt to secede a section of Land from the US was allowed to go on for days (and resulted in more people dead).

Theres not much to burn marching to the Capitol
    Except the Government Buildings.

Then theres the difference in how it was policed - literally black and white...
    Indeed - one was dealt with in (at most) a day, the others were allowed to go on for multiple days. As I said, that which you think is Black, I think is white.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information