Page 271 of 381 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5711

Thread: Trump

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

But if you are a right winger and go for a pleasant stroll through the Capital Building, you get a show-trial of Stalinesque proportions.
    Sometimes you can make quite lucid, reasonable statements. And there are times like this when you come across completely delusional. A riot where a number of people died is "a pleasant stroll"?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Sometimes you can make quite lucid, reasonable statements. And there are times like this when you come across completely delusional. A riot where a number of people died is "a pleasant stroll"?
    What is the definition of Riot you are using?

Even if I use the strict definition - I'm not entirely sure that Jan 6th stretches to a riot.

However, we were told repeatedly and at length that despite the fire bombed buildings in the background, that wasn't a riot - it was a mostly peaceful protest. So since the Capitol building wasn't burned down - it definitely wasn't a Riot. It was an absolutely Peaceful protest.

And a number of people?

The only person that was killed directly in Jan 6th was a person shot by Security. The Majority of Protestors that entered the Capitol building were simply walking around. There was a little bit of petty vandalism and theft - but again - not a full fledged Riot.

However - getting back to your point - yes, I am being deliberately hyperbolic - in order to contrast the treatment of the groups of individuals. Perhaps if the treatment given to each was approximately equivalent, perhaps I'd be a little more charitable to the opposition and a little more scathing to 'my side' but until then - since there is absolutely nothing approaching in the way of parity of treatment - I'm not inclined to be charitable or scathing.

The only thing that is actually delusional - is the different standards.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    BSA A10
    But Antifa and BLM can literally burn down cities, murder people in the streets, secede from the US, commit massive fraud for months on end and not so much as an investigation.
    Who was the President and what Government was in power when that happened and didn't act on it ?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Who was the President and what Government was in power when that happened and didn't act on it ?
    Didn't act on it?

Do I need to pull up the hit pieces about 'Trump Stormtroopers'? The state governors did just about everything they could to prevent Trump from acting on it, screeching 'States Rights!' whilst they let their cities burn.

But even then, the presumption is that magically when the Government changes all the Governmental departments suddenly change their political views.

They don't.

Case in point, the BBC (despite the Conservatives being in power for 12 years) has become increasingly Left Wing.

Getting back to America, the weaponizing of Governmental institutions (such as the FBI, IRS, ATF etc.) is causing those institutions to be distrusted. Once you pick a team or be seen to pick a team, everything afterwards is suspect.

I think though the best example is this:

Democrats, on multiple occasions, actively supported the BLM Riots - telling people to go out into the streets and to fight even after people were getting killed by BLM Thugs - When they are hauled up and impeached and dragged before a similar kangaroo court to the likes of the January 6th pantomime - then I might change my tune.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Democrats, on multiple occasions, actively supported the BLM Riots - telling people to go out into the streets and to fight even after people were getting killed by BLM Thugs - When they are hauled up and impeached and dragged before a similar kangaroo court to the likes of the January 6th pantomime - then I might change my tune.
    Irrelevant, but then you're good at that and as usual didn't answer a simple question just deflected off to making excuses
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Irrelevant, but then you're good at that and as usual didn't answer a simple question just deflected off to making excuses
    I did answer the question - Trump on multiple occassions offered assistance to the Democrat states that were rioting - only to be told to go away. When he did intervene:

https://www.google.com/search?client...+stormtroopers

So to answer your question - Who was in charge: Democrat Governors in Democrat run States and Democrat Mayors in Democrat run Cities.

Before you ask - The US Army is forbidden from engaging in activities on US soil and the National Guard are under the control of the State Governors.

(that was the whole 'States Rights' comment that you seemed to have missed)

And the deflection/excuses as you call them aren't - they are making the point that it is one set of standards for the Republicans and a completely different set of standards for the Democrats.

As I said - if you can film yourself doing drugs, fucking hookers and taking money from a foreign adversary and not get a knock on the door from the FBI (Cough Hunter Cough) because you're on Team Blue then the same should apply to Team Red - and it clearly does not.

Bike
    BSA A10
    So to answer your question - Who was in charge: Democrat Governors in Democrat run States and Democrat Mayors in Democrat run Cities.
    Except that wasn't my question

Before you ask - The US Army is forbidden from engaging in activities on US soil and the National Guard are under the control of the State Governors.
    Somebody should have told Trump that "If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them,"

"dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and the wanton destruction of property."

So what soldiers were these going to be if the National guard is under the control of the State Governor's ?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Except that wasn't my question
    Your question, as framed, is predicated on a series of false presuppositions.

That being that when someone is the leader of the country, they have absolute control over every single government department. Considering I can point to multiple examples of Government departments having a prevailing political bias against the government - your question, as asked, is pointless.

Furthermore - considering the issue of States Rights (something the Republicans are curiously big on) - the specific limits on Federal power against the individual states means that asking 'Who is the President' is a worthless question.

Therefore I gave you the correct answer in reference to those 2 factors.

Somebody should have told Trump that "If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them,"

"dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and the wanton destruction of property."

So what soldiers were these going to be if the National guard is under the control of the State Governor's ?
    IIRC, he used border patrol and Homeland security agents - which are neither National Guard nor Army. Some might say that's abusing a loophole and not in the spirit of what was intended - and there'd be a good point to be made there....

if the Governors weren't actively shirking their duties to make their political opponent look bad.

And yes - Trump talked big - what a surprise. He didn't, however, actually send in the Military (and lord how I wished he had).

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump appeared in court in the New York civil case investigating Trump Inc for tax fraud.

Prior to his appearance Trump said he would not answer questions relating to his business. It seems that he answered to his name then proceeded tp plead the Fifth in answer to every question.
    "I refuse to answer on the grounds I might incriminate myself."

Interesting. In a criminal case, if someone pleads the Fifth, that can not be used to assume guilt on their part. Although Trump himself has often suggested that pleading the Fifth is evidence of guilt.

Civil cases are different, the jury can draw negative inferences from someone using the Fith amendment and thus find that person guilty.
    Trump's lawyers would know that, but they may have considered that letting him open his mouth would lead to perjury charges on top of everything else.

We'll see...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    Your question, as framed, is predicated on a series of false presuppositions.

That being that when someone is the leader of the country, they have absolute control over every single government department. Considering I can point to multiple examples of Government departments having a prevailing political bias against the government - your question, as asked, is pointless.

Furthermore - considering the issue of States Rights (something the Republicans are curiously big on) - the specific limits on Federal power against the individual states means that asking 'Who is the President' is a worthless question.

Therefore I gave you the correct answer in reference to those 2 factors.
    No, you gave a whole lot of waffle with very little substance which is pretty much standard for you

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    No, you gave a whole lot of waffle with very little substance which is pretty much standard for you
    Except for the bit about States Rights, limitations on Federal Power, prohibitions about using the US Army on domestic soil and pointing that these problems were allowed to occur in Democrat states under Democrat Governors, in Democrat Cities with Democrat Mayors.

Which renders the insinuation you were trying to make completely null and void.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just put him on ignore. He's just a waste of blah blah..

Dissappears like the bogeyman behind a curtain.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Just put him on ignore. He's just a waste of blah blah..

Dissappears like the bogeyman behind a curtain.

Careful he gets an erection every time you refer to him......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    And still the people who claim to ignore me reference me at every opportunity.

Then complain when I quote them to respond.

Such integrity...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

Careful he gets an erection every time you refer to him......
    That's not an erection though, that's his nappies.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information