Page 223 of 380 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5695

Thread: Trump

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    An excellent clip.

Last night I listened to Rachel Maddow talking about Woodward and Costa's new book "Peril". We knew that after Trump's presidency we would learn of even more insane things that happened under his watch. It seems the time is right.

Following the events of Jan 6th the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Milley, called his opposite number in China to reassure him. The Chinese were worried that Trump might launch a strike against China to boost his chances of staying in power.

Trumps behaviours had become so erratic that Milley called a meeting of the Joint Chiefs and sought their assurance that should an order be issued for a strike no action would be taken immediately.

If this all seems unreal you need to consider though that Nixon, drunk, ordered a nuclear strike against Russia then went to bed. The staff, after discussion, decided to wait until morning before checking to see if Nixon still wanted the strike to proceed. He didn't. The world had a lucky escape.

Yet Trump, although clearly having lost touch with reality, could again be elected president.
    Pritch,
    Instead of watching Rachel Maddow, couldn't you have watched a movie on NetFlix like the rest of us ? You'd have still gotten your daily dose of fiction.

On the subject of nuclear weapons, it seems that Scotty has decided that Australia should join the nuclear club as well.

First, we had the France / UK / US grouping (with its unfortunate acronym), and now we have AUKUS (which doesn't rhyme quite nearly as well).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...s-uk/100465814

France will not be impressed, given the heave-ho:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ines/100465628

Guess that Scotty also wanted to show that Australia wasn't in the pockets of the fossil fuel (oil, gas and coal) industries, and that Australia was a country using nuclear technology. Possibly another unfortunate acronym.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Unless the Democrats wake the Hell up it likely won't be a Democrat. Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley would likely be as authoritarian as Trump but, unlike Trump, they are actually considered competent. Even if Hawley, with his expensive ivy league education, uses words like "irregardless". Front runner other than Trump is DeSantis, which is astounding considering he made Florida the world epicentre of the pandemic.
    I cannot think of any republicans that would do a good job, they are too busy brown nosing Trump. The only dem I can think of that I would consider to do a good job is Katie Porter, but I doubt the dems would run her as their big corp mates would put the kibosh on that for fear they might be dragged into paying fair wages and taxes - perish the thought.

I can only assume the giant douche and turd sandwich options that their political system throws up is by design, who's design is anybodies guess.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post

On the subject of nuclear weapons, it seems that Scotty has decided that Australia should join the nuclear club as well.

First, we had the France / UK / US grouping (with its unfortunate acronym), and now we have AUKUS (which doesn't rhyme quite nearly as well).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...s-uk/100465814

France will not be impressed, given the heave-ho:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ines/100465628

Guess that Scotty also wanted to show that Australia wasn't in the pockets of the fossil fuel (oil, gas and coal) industries, and that Australia was a country using nuclear technology. Possibly another unfortunate acronym.
    There have been some great mini docos on Aussie news channels about the French sub deal. Massive cost over runs, not fit for purpose and they keep getting delayed. Forget the numbers but the $$$$ already blown we’re big and nasty exit clauses I think....

Haven’t read Cindy’s predictable reasons why we not in the deal but missed opportunity to get big $$ to offer a facility for RnR coupled with food resupply. You’d be naive to think that thing won’t be patrolling in our waters anyway....

The boys in the new P8 Poseidon’s will be thinking twice before they drop depth charges out back door lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    I Ride No More
    No surprise, especially given yesterday's AUKUS announcement:

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...noned-by-trump

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I can only assume the giant douche and turd sandwich options that their political system throws up is by design, who's design is anybodies guess.
    The Kochs were prominent, and there are other names that keep surfacing. Then there are the organisations representing interest groups: the NRA, the Jewish lobby, big pharma, and the insurance industry for openers. Somebody suggested that politicians should have their sponsors logos on their suits like racing drivers. Then we could all see who they are actually working for.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Really? Still pushing the Trump barrow?
    You should be aware that under the top layer of fruit, everything else has rotted from the bottom up.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Pritch,
    Instead of watching Rachel Maddow, couldn't you have watched a movie on NetFlix like the rest of us ? You'd have still gotten your daily dose of fiction.
    I do watch movies on Netflix. Sometimes I haven't already seen them before. The BBC or Maddow are later, no video, sound only.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Really? Still pushing the Trump barrow?
    You should be aware that under the top layer of fruit, everything else has rotted from the bottom up.
    Cult of Trump. Cult of Christ and his demons.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It seems that a crowd of tens of people turned out for the big demo in support of Trump's January 6th insurrectionists. More portaloos than people?

I see a Boogaloo Boi is looking at fifty years in the big house for threatening to kill cops. He didn't actually attempt it, but he's been charged as if it was a hate crime which ups the penalty. Crazy.

It's something of a conflict that "the land of the free" has more people imprisoned than any other country on the planet. Thousands of them have been found guilty of nothing, they are there simply because they can't make bail.

It can't really be called "the home of the brave" anymore either. Electing a five time draft dodging coward to the presidency put a dent in that.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    There have been some great mini docos on Aussie news channels about the French sub deal. Massive cost over runs, not fit for purpose and they keep getting delayed. Forget the numbers but the $$$$ already blown we’re big and nasty exit clauses I think....

Haven’t read Cindy’s predictable reasons why we not in the deal but missed opportunity to get big $$ to offer a facility for RnR coupled with food resupply. You’d be naive to think that thing won’t be patrolling in our waters anyway....

The boys in the new P8 Poseidon’s will be thinking twice before they drop depth charges out back door lol
    In case anyone is interested in all things Submarine:

I Highly recommend Aaron Amick from Sub Brief: https://www.youtube.com/c/SubBrief

He's an ex-sonarman from a 688 Los Angeles class Sub, he started off playing a Sub Sim (Cold Waters) but has changed into more of a Naval/Military News outlet, he also does long-form lecture series about different historical Submarine classes (although these are first released on his Patreon, before being gifted to us mere plebs)

He's done 3-4 videos on the Australian Sub debacle - and the TL;DW is - he's really excited to see Australia join the Nuclear fleet.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It seems that a crowd of tens of people turned out for the big demo in support of Trump's January 6th insurrectionists. More portaloos than people?

An interesting comment on another channel.... “mainstream media gave free exposure to the upcoming event which they rarely do for fringe groups, hence the only people there were FBI agents and their patsy for their organised event”

Why on earth would any legitimate protestors turn up to celebrate a failed event that ended in bad publicity. Has the ever been any recorded celebrations of previous protest marches on any subject in world let alone a failed one? Just doesn’t make sense...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    In case anyone is interested in all things Submarine:

I Highly recommend Aaron Amick from Sub Brief: https://www.youtube.com/c/SubBrief

He's an ex-sonarman from a 688 Los Angeles class Sub, he started off playing a Sub Sim (Cold Waters) but has changed into more of a Naval/Military News outlet, he also does long-form lecture series about different historical Submarine classes (although these are first released on his Patreon, before being gifted to us mere plebs)

He's done 3-4 videos on the Australian Sub debacle - and the TL;DW is - he's really excited to see Australia join the Nuclear fleet.
    I thought he was just some chubby Internet blogger. Waffles too much for me...
    You and others here might like Building Integrity, proper licensed engineer done great analysis of the champagne towers collapse in Florida. If you frequent parking garages or live in apartment complex he has great info on earning signs of structural failures and also things that fatigue/age concrete structures.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    An interesting comment on another channel.... “mainstream media gave free exposure to the upcoming event which they rarely do for fringe groups, hence the only people there were FBI agents and their patsy for their organised event”
    The RWNJ social media suddenly decided that the whole thing could be a have. Apparently the paranoid right were too paranoid to attend their own protest.

I used to keep an eye on Parler to see what the nutters were up to, but since that died I can't be bothered signing up to any of the others. They have been plagued with problems, be it infighting between funders, technical difficulties, or major security lapses. They can keep their delusions to themselves - and the FBI who have their own problems now.

Bike
    husaberg

Why on earth would any legitimate protestors turn up to celebrate a failed event that ended in bad publicity. Has the ever been any recorded celebrations of previous protest marches on any subject in world let alone a failed one? Just doesn’t make sense...
    whatever...........
    Especially funny considering Trumpor organised the protest and march that lead to the attempted insurrection as a result of the protest of him losing the election.

Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest concerning the Rigged Presidential Election,” Trump said in a statement on Thursday. “In addition to everything else, it has proven conclusively that we are a two-tiered system of justice. In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!”
    Former President Donald Trump on Thursday called Saturday’s ‘Justice for J6’
    Trump said in an interview with the Federalist. “If people don’t show up they’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s a lack of spirit.’ And if people do show up they’ll be harassed.”
    Saturday’s rally has reignited concerns about another wave of violence on Capitol Hill as law enforcement prepares for the event. It’s being planned by “Look Ahead America,” a nonprofit led by a former Trump campaign staffer
    Hundreds of Trump’s supporters, emboldened by his baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen, charged law enforcement and stormed the Capitol on January 6 in a failed effort to stop members of Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s election victory.
    1,000. That’s how many assaults on law enforcement officers during the January 6 attack were captured by police body camera footage, federal prosecutors said in a court filing earlier this month. Nearly 200 people have been charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information