Page 153 of 380 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5695

Thread: Trump

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    What Coup?

Don't get me wrong, what the Protestors did was wrong - but to call it a Coup is over-egging the pudding especially given the standards of describing political unrest of late.
    Coup definition:

an instance of successfully achieving something difficult. ... "it was a major coup to get such a prestigious contract"

or ...

a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

In the first example ... was anything [difficult ??] successfully achieved ???

And I think to describe it as a "Seizure of power" would be an exaggeration.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

The concerns about an "insider" attack on the inauguration must be credible. The FBI have now investigated the background of each of the troops present three times. How you investigate 25,000 guys three times in a few days was not stated. ?
    Well let's just say the Person of Interest to show was more a doco than sci fi.... the powers that be have VERY sophisticated AI systems that at the very least rapidly narrow down the list of likely suspects to st best prob actually parallel the powers in the show.
    People u der stand targeted advertising on google via their searches and social media posts, it's a very small step to use same data for other purposes.

NZ police have had similar tools since the allegedly " failed" InCIS system but don't have the budget or staffing that a large nation was to sift the data in timely matter. The reason they keep the illusion of failure is it would be politically difficult to suddenly be able to solve all crimes, we just don't have the prison or court infrastructure to deal with...
    And we all know the govt loves us to fear crime as it stops us realising how much the govt steals from us....

I

The FBI have credible information that there is to be an "insider" attack on the inauguration. Unusually stringent measures have been taken to try and prevent that happening.
    Well the FBI usually run the patsies involved in half these shenanigans....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Breaking News Democrats hand power back to Trump....

Today president Biden made a broadcast from his basement. He said winning the election and having media call Trump a loser didn't sit well with their party ideals.
    He has decided that all that matters is that Trump participated in the election.
    To that effect he announced Kamala, himself, pence and Trump will joint,y participate in a joint panel running America and they will rename themselves Participants of America.
    Biden said he thought of the idea after a phone call from NZ where Adern said she had power with a minority govt under the MMP scheme in her previous term.
    There is also talk of renaming the country to the United States of Participation.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BSA A10
    All I'm going to point out is:

Are these the actions of a democratically elected president, though a free and fair election or are these the actions of a Dictator who is worried that the people will turn against them.
    Are you really that fucking stupid ?

Hmmmm, so you are saying a legitimate Government needs to protect itself from the People that legitimized it....
    Well you just answered my question with a resounding YES
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    But surely, as the most overwhelmingly popular Presidential candidate of all time.... They shouldn't have this concern.... Unless of course they had a guilty conscious about the legitimacy of the result....

However even that isn't as funny as then they got concerned that about being overthrown by the US Military they themselves called in to protect then from MAGA, Are they worried that Trump is going to walk in like Napoleon?

It really does betray how 'confident' they aren't about the Election result.

Then it gets even more hilarious - that they are worried about Congressmen and Congresswomen exercising their 2A rights...

"We need to protect ourselves from the Angry Mob! Quick get people in with Guns!"
    "But what if the people with Guns don't like us?"
    "We need to protect ourselves from the People with Guns we asked to come! Quick! Take their Guns!"

And finally - when Trump offered to send in the National Guard to help certain states with certain 'Peaceful protests' - he was compared to various military dictators, and yet when the Democrats actually bring in the NG - it's legitimate Protocols...

The level of Hypocrisy, even if you account for the dislike of Trump/Maga is astounding.
    Jesus titty fuking christ . Security was obviously lax before and you only need one nutter but Maga can roust thousands from their ranks, are you seriously suggesting just because Biden whipped Trump at the polls, despite being some old codger, that they should leave the gates open and hope the crazies don't show up again?

Nah you're obviously just doing this for sport. You can't be that stupid and still remember to pay your Internet bill.

Ignore engage.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Entertaining little snippets appearing in social media. One guy boasted that he'd been interviewed by the FBI but that he'd "aced it". He may be reevaluating that. He's been arrested on multiple federal charges.
    With all such "Interviews" on such matters ... with such "people" ... the people doing the interview will not be the person making the final judgement. Nor will the interviewer reveal/indicate how much they already know about that person. Or indicate that their statements cannot be believed ... otherwise they'll disappear before they can be charged. Letting them think they "Aced it' ... helps them relax and stay in plain sight. And the ones that get "flagged" as suspect will be watched. As will their friends be watched.

There was a woman shown on video in Congress exhorting the crowd to go up the stairs. A former romantic partner has told the feds that the woman stole a laptop out of Nancy Pelosi's office and had tried to sell it to the Russians.
    Yep ... the whole venture was carried out by Patriots alright.

The concerns about an "insider" attack on the inauguration must be credible. The FBI have now investigated the background of each of the troops present three times. How you investigate 25,000 guys three times in a few days was not stated. Given that the soldiery of a nation is a reflection of that nation's society, it's a given that there will be Klan, assorted militias, Q Anon followers, and other fuckwits in the ranks.
    Background checks on all members of the Units involved ... and members of Units that could be involved in security at some stage ... would have taken place BEFORE the units were brought in.

It might be wise to have Kamala Harris take her oath frist and stay some distance from the inauguration?
    I would have thought an "In yer face" occasion for such events would be the go. No backing down. Otherwise that other faction might see it as a win for them ... a faction that is a threat.

Bike
    husaberg
    the populist radical right in particular, has become mainstreamed and normalized,” wrote Dutch political scientist Cas Mudde. “We find it normal that a neo-Nazi party is the third biggest party in a member state
    Princeton political philosopher Jan-Werner Müller suggests. “The populist art of governance is based on nationalism (often with racist overtones), on hijacking the state for the ends of partisan loyalists and, less obviously, on weaponizing the economy to secure political power: a combination of culture war, patronage and mass clientelism,”These phenomena are on view, to varying degrees wherever nationalists or self-proclaimed “populists” now hold sway after elections. Immigrants and minorities get bashed and demonized; meanwhile, the leaders’ supporters get repeatedly told they are the authentic representatives of the nation, often to the exclusion of all others. Their opponents are deemed illegitimate and treacherous, guilty of all sorts of corruption, even as backers of the ruling party engage in their own chicanery and graft
    “It turns out that, if you want to fight nationalist-populists you can’t treat them like regular politicians,” Indian columnist Mihir Sharma wrote in a piece that puzzled over how so many Indian voters seemed to side with Modi’s agenda over their economic self-interest. “Nor can you assume away unpalatable truths about your fellow voters. You can’t change their votes by appealing to their pocketbooks, or by big economic promises, or by excoriating a populist government’s record, because they will always trust such leaders more than they will you. You can’t change how they vote until you change their minds about what sort of country they want to live in.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-is-here-stay/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1788956.html
    Bill Barr told Trump that ‘clownish’ legal team was lying to him about ‘bull***’ voter fraud claims, an axios reports say
    This was during a December meeting in the White House that Mr Trump had asked Mr Barr to attend after seeing a story by the Associated Press that quoted Mr Barr as saying "we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election".

Mr Barr had been one of the most loyal members of Mr Trump’s administration, supporting his executive power at every turn and spinning the release of the Mueller report on Russian interference in the 2016 election in the best way possible for the president. But he would not go so far as to claim that there was widespread voter fraud when he couldn't see the evidence of it.

Despite his loyalty to the president, the relationship between Mr Barr and Mr Trump was silently falling apart, Axios writes. Mr Barr left his post on December 23.

Even Mr Trump's most loyal lieutenants thought that he had got too deep into the conspiracy theories and alternative reality espoused by his legal team led by Mr Trump's personal lawyer and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I posted this before but evidently some people missed it. Fiona Hill was one of the top Russian and European experts in the White House - until she gave evidence against Trump in the first impeachment inquiry. There's a historic sentence, no previous president required a distinction as to which impeachment was being referred to.

The lady knows her stuff. R650R expressed the thought that Trump couldn't stage a coup because he was in power at the time. Wrong. It's not a new idea and it has been done elsewhere more recently too.

Ms Hill knows her stuff.
    The thing a coup relies on is in the weight of numbers ... numbers that are desperate for the intended result ... with numbers that know what needs to be done. With the sure knowledge that some of them may die in the process. In history ... they knew that might mean execution if they failed. Most that showed up on this occasion ... were there for the same reasons the protesters turned up during the Springbok tour. To scrap with anybody (in uniform or otherwise) that gets in their way.

I personally think ... that the number of people that might have considered a coup was being attempted ... could be counted on (at best) both hands.

This statement ...

But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a coup attempt. Trump disguised what he was doing by operating in plain sight, talking openly about his intent. He normalized his actions so people would accept them. I’ve been studying authoritarian regimes for three decades, and I know the signs of a coup when I see them.
    Well ... truth or not ... I'm not convinced that Trump was clever enough to come up with the plan. If in fact that there WAS a plan.

Nor was he (obviously) clever enough to pull it off. Good help is hard to find ... eh .. !!

Attempted overthrows of the Government by the populace ... is seldom taken lightly.

Whose (with what) move next do you think ... ??

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The thing a coup relies on is in the weight of numbers ... numbers that are desperate for the intended result ... with numbers that know what needs to be done. With the sure knowledge that some of them may die in the process. In history ... they knew that might mean execution if they failed. Most that showed up on this occasion ... were there for the same reasons the protesters turned up during the Springbok tour. To scrap with anybody (in uniform or otherwise) that gets in their way.

I personally think ... that the number of people that might have considered a coup was being attempted ... could be counted on (at best) both hands.

This statement ...

Well ... truth or not ... I'm not convinced that Trump was clever enough to come up with the plan. If in fact that there WAS a plan.

Nor was he (obviously) clever enough to pull it off. Good help is hard to find ... eh .. !!

Attempted overthrows of the Government by the populace ... is seldom taken lightly.

Whose (with what) move next do you think ... ??

...as soon as their phones wont work and they don't know where they are, they will all try and find their way home...the incredible journey...

...America is only one of a few powers in the world...just politics, power and corruption and silly people taking sides depending on which way their fucked up ideals lead them...

...why is everyone besotted by what's happening over there when we have our own shit to concentrate on...oops... too late...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Background checks on all members of the Units involved ... and members of Units that could be involved in security at some stage ... would have taken place BEFORE the units were brought in.
    Normally yes. As I said though, there have been three seperate checks now, at least one of which, has taken place since they arrived. Overnight our time, two National Guardsmen were removed because of extremist ties. That tends to indicate information received since they arrived in DC.

Having said that, there is a fine line beween three seperate checks (as per the FBI statement) and one continuous ongoing check.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Lincoln Project aren't letting up yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXiGPdnFz0

I don't know what Randy Rainbow will do now Trump is gone, RR should have been at the inauguration. A generation of comedians will have to find a new source for material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXBVkWASI4
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    No, not worried that they will be ousted, worried that some Trump supporting nutter will do something spectacularly stupid. The nutters are not enough in number to overthrow the government,
    And that my friends is where the issue is.

The way they are acting, is consistent with a belief that the Number of Nutters ARE enough to Overthrow the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    They believe they won fairly, they also believe that there are some seriously deranged people who will hold on to their delusion that they didn't, and those people have already demonstrated their capacity for violence.
    A Capacity for Violence?

What businesses were burned down in 'coup'?
    My understanding is that all the people killed, were done so by the Police.

Apart from petty Vandalism (which is wrong and they shouldn't have done it) and a couple bits of comical theft, they got in, they didn't know what to do - so got High in the Oregan room (also worth pointing out, again - affinity of Cannabis - one of those hallmark traits of conservatism).
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    And I think to describe it as a "Seizure of power" would be an exaggeration.
    100 times, This.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Jesus titty fuking christ . Security was obviously lax before and you only need one nutter but Maga can roust thousands from their ranks, are you seriously suggesting just because Biden whipped Trump at the polls, despite being some old codger, that they should leave the gates open and hope the crazies don't show up again?
    There's a difference between 'tightening security' and 'deploying an entire Army'.

The latter suggests a real fear that those 'thousands of roused Magas' could successfully overthrow the Government. A Fear that would not exist If you believe you had the majority behind you....

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Nah you're obviously just doing this for sport. You can't be that stupid and still remember to pay your Internet bill.

Ignore engage.
    I'm constantly amazed by the fact I'm pretty open with the fact I like to argue that some people still seem perplexed by their sudden realization on this.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    And that my friends is where the issue is.

The way they are acting, is consistent with a belief that the Number of Nutters ARE enough to Overthrow the Government.

A Capacity for Violence?

What businesses were burned down in 'coup'?
    My understanding is that all the people killed, were done so by the Police.

Apart from petty Vandalism (which is wrong and they shouldn't have done it) and a couple bits of comical theft, they got in, they didn't know what to do - so got High in the Oregan room (also worth pointing out, again - affinity of Cannabis - one of those hallmark traits of conservatism).
    You cunt. You lying cunt.

You know as well as we do that at least one of the people who died was a cop.

Fuck you for making me re-engage after I swore I wouldnt. Thats it though.

And finally, my parting thought: fuck you.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information