Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonkers rules

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I rode a Tricity a couple of times as a courtesy bike. It definitely felt more like a very very slow bike than it did a car.

At least they saw sense with the Niken and registered it as a bike. Imagine the chaos and carnage if people with no riding experience started riding them around on their car licences.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    I rode a Tricity a couple of times as a courtesy bike. It definitely felt more like a very very slow bike than it did a car.

At least they saw sense with the Niken and registered it as a bike. Imagine the chaos and carnage if people with no riding experience started riding them around on their car licences.

Tbne Tri City is coming out as a 300 cc version shortly. I'm not sure where the line will be drawn.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Tbne Tri City is coming out as a 300 cc version shortly. I'm not sure where the line will be drawn.
    If a Tri City is considered a car does that mean that a learner needs to take a pillion with their full class 1 licence with them in order to ride it legally?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    If a Tri City is considered a car does that mean that a learner needs to take a pillion with their full class 1 licence with them in order to ride it legally?

That's one of the issues with the way they have done it.

Because it's being ridden on a car license, there should be s supervisor. But that won't happen, and nor should it. The last thing you want is a passenger with a Learner on what is essentially a bike.

Bike
    suzuki
    i used to enjoy taking my 1918 henderson and sidecar to the tip when trimming my hedge, and arguing prices as i doubt there's a single tip in nz that has a price for a sidecar full of waste. I lived close to the tip in palmy and the shift would change during the day, i'd be there quarter hour before shift change and quarter after and pretty much got in free every time. there were added theatrics making the old bike cough and splutter a bit and the guy on the gate would be worried it would stall and hold up traffic so wave me on.

Thread Information