Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on electronics repair - how badly have I bricked my DAC?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, that all sounds very sensible, unfortunately my capability doesn't go much beyond unscrewing things and taking them apart - I did find the service manual but apart from the assembly diagram it's all way beyond me.

The only other thing I've tried is reinstalling the firmware via the USB port, not surprisingly the computer couldn't see it.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Thanks, that all sounds very sensible, unfortunately my capability doesn't go much beyond unscrewing things and taking them apart - I did find the service manual but apart from the assembly diagram it's all way beyond me.

The only other thing I've tried is reinstalling the firmware via the USB port, not surprisingly the computer couldn't see it.
    Instead of a commercial repair outlet/business ... try asking at a local electronic club or similar. They might regard it as a bit of a challenge.

Even if it is dead ... they might find some of the parts to be useful for them.

They might even be able to fix it.

What have you got to lose ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Yeah for sure, worth looking into.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information