Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish him well

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    ... Do seem to remember Johnson parked on the grid as the field disappeared into the distance. He'd broken a drive shaft?. Not his best year.
    And I remember a year ... when holden supporters Maliciously pushed a rock onto the track in front of Johnson ... that rock is still on display in the DJR display.

I guess ... if you can't see your favorite winning fairly ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    And I remember a year ... when holden supporters Maliciously pushed a rock onto the track in front of Johnson ... that rock is still on display in the DJR display.

I guess ... if you can't see your favorite winning fairly ...
    Fuck him, Dicks a Cock, (that's an old On Top of the Hill saying) and I'm qualified to use it, camped top o de hill for the last 24 years, Not this year though, bloody covid.
    No one else wanted that rock! before or after his Horrendous Crash, that wasn't pretty, glad to see him emerge from the trees , Ok, not good, just not broken into tiny itty bitty pieces.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Ok, not good, just not broken into tiny itty bitty pieces.
    $144.000 raised after that prang for the rebuild of the car ... half by Ford Australia ... and half by Public donations.

I gather you didn't add anything to the total raised then ...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Never been to Bathurst but watched since I was old enough to appreciate it in the 80's. Funny this thread came up, was watching this again tonight. Miss that style of commentary but the times they have a changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJT4yPw9wU

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Where did you see that? De Pasquale will go well in that car.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    https://www.eaglesvine.com/sports/su...-driver/73914/
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    $144.000 raised after that prang for the rebuild of the car ... half by Ford Australia ... and half by Public donations.

I gather you didn't add anything to the total raised then ...
    Nope! Dyed in the wool Holden man me.
    Would have for Seto,not Dick, he is a Cock.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Nope! Dyed in the wool Holden man me.
    Would have for Seto,not Dick, he is a Cock.
    I'm was told Brock was a wife beater. I guess nobodies perfect then. Even Peter Perfect.

Bike
    I'm was told Brock was a wife beater. I guess nobodies perfect then. Even Peter Perfect.
    Met Mrs Brock with Peter, top o the hill, they started Craig Lowndes tradition of coming up on Saturday and cooking a BBQ for anyone who showed up, Brocky, may have been, we didn't know one way or the other, but they were always together and she enjoyed their runs up top.
    That Larrikin Larry he was my Main Man for many years, I'd go to their merchandise store, buy my stuff then leave it there so Larry could sign it, meet him a few times, great guy, could not possibly have remembered my name but knew year in and year out I was from Nu Zelland, would greet me with "Heya Kiwi"
    OAB, after 24 years it's not the main event that we go for, it's meeting up with Ozzie mates we haven't seen for a year, checking out the cars, watching The Grand masters, now there's a racing fraternity who hang together, sitting out the top ten and seeing who's going to come close, it's a truly memorable thing to do and if it bites you, you go back , again and again.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Brock was different for sure and at times came unstuck (anyone care to remember the box of wires that did nothing) but was without doubt a talent behind the wheel,the early years re Brock and Johnson are hard to compare as only one of them drove a factory backed car,simple as that really.Johnsons comment re Brock after his death ie "the trouble Brock had was he believed his own bullshit" best sums him up for me and i dont mean it with any malice,the guy was remarkable behind the wheel and whatever mindset it took all good it worked.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Brock was different for sure and at times came unstuck (anyone care to remember the box of wires that did nothing) but was without doubt a talent behind the wheel,the early years re Brock and Johnson are hard to compare as only one of them drove a factory backed car,simple as that really.Johnsons comment re Brock after his death ie "the trouble Brock had was he believed his own bullshit" best sums him up for me and i dont mean it with any malice,the guy was remarkable behind the wheel and whatever mindset it took all good it worked.
    "Energy Polariser". Early days on the Holden powered A30 Austin were good, though
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information