Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motorcycle Event - Imagine

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I wonder if some way of doing maintenance courses wouldn’t be an attractive proposition for new riders, part time riders and those of us unskilled in the ways of the spanner?

I did one ages ago but it was a watch and learn set up, so it kind of went in one ear and out the other. Maybe something where you could be supervised while doing the basic safety checks on your own bike? To make sure you’re doing it right?

Maybe checking brake pads, levers/pedals, tyres, oil and water, maybe going as far as chain adjustment?

Not sure how much of a factor poor maintenance would be in accident stats.
    Bigger than you'd think, some bloody lazy barstewards out there.
    But the concept of being overseen while doing your own learning is a good one, keep up the good work Rastus.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Only thing that would really interest is a decent gear expo as even the bigger dealers these days don’t carry anough stock.
    It would be a success radius if even one rider upgraded their safety gear.
    So big boys toys style thing with bikes and riding gear but emphasis on gear.
    Haven’t got time to listen to speakers you can watching all that type stuff on YouTube on rainy days.
    Brolly dollies and bikini bike wash will get the punters in, people who dislike political correctness outnumber the few feminist social justice warriors that will complain.
    Plus the mere mention of that is free advertising in media.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I wonder if some way of doing maintenance courses wouldn’t be an attractive proposition for new riders, part time riders and those of us unskilled in the ways of the spanner?

I did one ages ago but it was a watch and learn set up, so it kind of went in one ear and out the other. Maybe something where you could be supervised while doing the basic safety checks on your own bike? To make sure you’re doing it right?

Maybe checking brake pads, levers/pedals, tyres, oil and water, maybe going as far as chain adjustment?

Not sure how much of a factor poor maintenance would be in accident stats.
    I will see your practical suggestion and raise you a demonstration (or two)

There are many who remain to be convinced about the benefit of good gear. Could you set up some demos where people see the consequence of flesh being dragged across tar seal? Pig flesh is similar to human apparently.

I think it may have been done before but the concept of following distance behind a car easy enough to show it is woe betide those who think they can outbrake anything they are following at less than 2 seconds of separation.

Talk about proper helmet fitting? or a jacket for that matter

Ergos on a bike, how to set them up for more efficient and safe use.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    I think it may have been done before but the concept of following distance behind a car easy enough to show it is woe betide those who think they can outbrake anything they are following at less than 2 seconds of separation.
    We have done that at the Kickstart events in Christchurch. It's a real eye opener.

Following distance is one of the most valuable free things that a rider can give themselves.

Space gives you time, time gives you control.

Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja 2010

aus conversion

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Okay, so I’m involved in helping to organise a motorcycle event.

At yesterdays meeting, we all decided to seek the views of four riders we each know as to what would attract them to go to a motorcycle event.

There are a couple of different formats.

One is a 2 – 3 hour event (morning or evening) with talks by various industry people. Who would you be keen to hear from? Keen enough to give up a couple of hours to go and see.

The other is a bike fest sort of thing. A one day event, which people can come along to for free to see the motorcycle things that interest them. We think we have a format in mind, but we would like to hear what it is that would attract more people to come to our events.

I’m kind of opening myself to some random ideas, I know, but any that can fit with us will be gratefully received. Suggest away.

And no, bikini bike wash is off the table.
    Hi, I have just arrived in NZ from AUS and am wanting to convert my Queensland R Motorcycle License to a Newzealand Motorcycle license. Is it true that this will convert to a NZ Full motorcycle license? A few friends of mine that have returned also have said that there R license converted to Full Nz license. I've looked online and havnt found anything about it or what class my license converts too. Thank you.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Silv3r View Post
    Hi, I have just arrived in NZ from AUS and am wanting to convert my Queensland R Motorcycle License to a Newzealand Motorcycle license. Is it true that this will convert to a NZ Full motorcycle license? A few friends of mine that have returned also have said that there R license converted to Full Nz license. I've looked online and havnt found anything about it or what class my license converts too. Thank you.
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/driver-lice...river-licence/

Thread Information