Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing my full assessment today and I am strangely nervous!

Bike
    MT-03

Doing my full assessment today and I am strangely nervous!

Doing 2 hours of private coaching this afternoon before taking on my CBTA Full.

Any tips?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Don't do it ...

Pass that FULL ... and you'll be cursed for the rest of your life ...

Thinking about motorcycles ... talking about motorcycles ... thinking about and planning your next ride.

Then ... it gets WORSE. You want ANOTHER motorcycle. The calm and controlled (by the wife/partner/mother usually) ones ... just replace the one they have with different (better ... not always so much) one.

You start seeing them ... EVERYWHERE. Hearing them go past your house ... and rush to the window to see what make it is.

You start to spend less and less time at home. With less and less money.

You start buying road maps for areas you haven't been ... YET.

Finding a new Motorcycle shop seems like discovering a hidden cave. Complete with treasure.

There's still time to change your mind ...

maybe ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2017 Yamaha MT-09
    Don't cross solid white lines. They'll take you where the intersection requires you to look at the paint for your turning points... You should be doing that anyway, but they usually include a curly one, like the paint has worn off, or it extends further than normal, for sight reasons.

Bike
    MT-03
    Right - passed!

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    You'll be fine.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by TravellingSaffa View Post
    Right - passed!
    Well done.

Now, ride each day like you are doing an exam. Good habits only work if you use them.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Any tips?
    Just try relax i always nervous when
    I did my car tests esp i can remember that far back .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    raptor 1000
    when i got my bike licence there was no faffing about with restricted /full, i turned up on my suzuki ts 185, cop says ride around the corner, go up the road turn round, come back and do a emergency stop, that was it.

Bike
    kb

Any tips?
    Glad you passed brother, wish you put this up earlier always happy to give out advice 🙏

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Well done.

Now, ride each day like you are doing an exam. Good habits only work if you use them.
    Good habits become default settings when you're tired or distracted. Can save your hide.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    bandit
    Right - passed!
    Cool - well done.

Well done.

Don't mind rastus - he's a recovering enforcement officer ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Cool - well done.

Don't mind rastus - he's a recovering enforcement officer ..
    I've seen a lot of people do well in a test, and then go back to riding like a plonker.

Bike
    bandit
    I've seen a lot of people do well in a test, and then go back to riding like a plonker.
    I think we've all seen that ... sometimes in the news/death notices ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    when i got my bike license there was no faffing about with restricted /full, i turned up on my suzuki ts 185, cop says ride around the corner, go up the road turn round, come back and do a emergency stop, that was it.
    When I got mine (1967), the cop followed me on his bike. We stopped at a red light. He suddenly took off around the corner leaving me in the WTF? place... I sat and waited for quite a while and he did eventually come back.
    Funny. I haven't thought of that incident in years. The quote above triggered the memory. Thanks JimO.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    When I got mine (1967), the cop followed me on his bike. We stopped at a red light. He suddenly took off around the corner leaving me in the WTF? place... I sat and waited for quite a while and he did eventually come back.
    Funny. I haven't thought of that incident in years. The quote above triggered the memory. Thanks JimO.
    When I got mine (1976 - been riding and owning bikes for three years) I had to use my father's KTM scooter (it was a dog which had to be push started but I did not want to sit the test on my Triumph)

The cop sat outside for about five minutes telling me the scooter had been his first bike and how good it was (I thought it was a dog). The he asked me to ride up the road to a Stop sign - about half way he signaled me to turn around. We went back to the station where he spent another five minutes raving about that dog of a scooter. By then I'm wondering what the hell is going one. Finally he said we'd better go inside so he could write out my licence.

I was relieved.

I took that dog KTM home - parked it in the shed and headed out on my 650 Thunderbird ...

They'd never do stuff like that now ..

Thread Information