Thread: I bought a bike and rode it today

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016

I bought a bike and rode it today

Old boi buys Triumph street twin. it is delivered from the South Island to the North and the owner finally rides it for the first time. In fact it is the first ride for twenty years.

I ventured through a suburb and out onto some country roads which after 40 odd KM took me home.

The hips and thigh muscles will need some training but I am looking forward to another session tomorrow.

Bring on more sunshine after the rain and flooding of recent days.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1/32 man View Post
    Old boi buys Triumph street twin. it is delivered from the South Island to the North and the owner finally rides it for the first time. In fact it is the first ride for twenty years.

I ventured through a suburb and out onto some country roads which after 40 odd KM took me home.

The hips and thigh muscles will need some training but I am looking forward to another session tomorrow.

Bring on more sunshine after the rain and flooding of recent days.
    Good for you, keep at it, it gets easier and soon you will even enjoy it.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    it gets easier and soon you will even enjoy it.
    I definitely enjoyed it.....I am waiting for the "getting easier" part but figure that will only happen with practice.

The urban intersection is the main challenge where the country twisty road is the sweet stuff.

Bike
    Sold
    I definitely enjoyed it.....I am waiting for the "getting easier" part but figure that will only happen with practice.

The urban intersection is the main challenge where the country twisty road is the sweet stuff.
    Get yourself on the Ride Forever courses as a refresher: https://www.rideforever.co.nz/coachi...road-coaching/ . There are several providers in your area. You never stop learning!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Also some Yoga can help strengthen the muscles you need riding, bloody hard but good fun

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Nice bike to come back on too. As Blackbird says get yourself on a Ride Forever course just to get yourself back into the swing of things. You might meet some future biking buddies too!

Bike
    yamaha yz 250 2010
    Hey there! Congrats on your new purchase. Have a nice ride!

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Nice bike to come back on too. As Blackbird says get yourself on a Ride Forever course just to get yourself back into the swing of things. You might meet some future biking buddies too!
    Your Fan Boy rating just went up.

Thread Information