Thread: Project bike: not for the faint hearted

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800

Project bike: not for the faint hearted

A long time ago I rode a Suzuki Marauder 800. That's the bike in my profile pic. Then the bottom of the tank rusted out and I had to get a new one, and couldn't get the right colour, so I rode it mismatched for a while. Then a bunch of stuff happened; separation, a bad spray job, moving into a flat where I couldn't have the bike, work change and pressure, moving town....and basically the bike ended up under a tarp next to the garage. Yes, in the weather. I wasn't living at the house by then so couldn't really work on it, but the tank and plastics were taken off at some stage with the idea of a proper respray. Anyway eventually I just decided I didn't have time and bought another bike. A mate was going to pick up the Marauder and restore her but he's not followed through, and well, I need it gone.

There's rust. A bad spray job so bad I won't post pics. And it'll need some work, chain/sprocket, battery, maybe new tyres, likely replacement for rusty things like bolts that can't be cleaned up. Some things will need rechroming. And at the end you'll have a bike that's only worth a few k.

That said, if you can get her going she's a great ride and a solid commuter. Nothing really wrong with the motor except neglect for the last few years. Rego on hold. Km is a wild-ass guess as I'm not near the bike.

Price is $1 bring your own trailer because I can't enter "I'll buy you a beer when you get her going again" in the field.

If nobody is keen I'll take her to the wreckers or a storage unit for my retirement project. Might be a classic one day....

Update: The bike has gone to a very good home and has been restored to riding condition. I'm a happy chap.

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    G'day Mate, I could be interested, PM me pick up info and i can collect on saturday if that suits.
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Bike
    1999 & 97 Honda VTR & Suzuki GS500E

Suzuki Marauder Bike

Could you stick a photo of the bike here pls.

Cheers.

Greenhonnet

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Dude. Are you a magnet for miserable bikes?.

You're like an old gf who would always try to save the most wretched vehicles. And still has them. Not going.

Tip. Dont go to the SPCA. You'll come home with an enormous 3 legged labrador with mange and bowel troubles.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information