Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten years tick tock the bell tolls for NZ petrol power

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That the government doesn't want to waste space on garaging should not come as a shock. Even though more than a few of our fellow citizens appear to be living in garages currently.

Large parts of Wellington have never had off-road parking, they'll be fine. They're used to it. The big cities in Europe have large areas with no off-road parking, and those people can park a car where the average Kiwi would have no show.

None of this will affect out enthusiasm for gas guzzlers. It'll take more than that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That the government doesn't want to waste space on garaging should not come as a shock. Even though more than a few of our fellow citizens appear to be living in garages currently.

Large parts of Wellington have never had off-road parking, they'll be fine. They're used to it. The big cities in Europe have large areas with no off-road parking, and those people can park a car where the average Kiwi would have no show.

None of this will affect out enthusiasm for gas guzzlers. It'll take more than that.
    Will make overnight charging at home interesting. Thieves will love it given what the price for scrap copper will be by then....

Some areas you must have a garden shed on new build to store a lawn mower/weed killer etc Found this out when enquiring why HNZ subdivided properties had brand new garden sheds put on them. I guess they thought the dope vote was going the other way lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Will make overnight charging at home interesting. Thieves will love it given what the price for scrap copper will be by then....

Some areas you must have a garden shed on new build to store a lawn mower/weed killer etc Found this out when enquiring why HNZ subdivided properties had brand new garden sheds put on them. I guess they thought the dope vote was going the other way lol
    Around here urban infill is the thing. Most new builds have garages attached. Just as well, they'd be pushing to find space for a dog kennel on what's left of the section.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Revising my trend forecast to five years left.
    This is based on the covid seasons and variants to carry on til 2026 and also on manufacturer implemented technologies such as the in built speed limiters to national limits coming in soon in Europe.
    With travel restrictions due to covid the advantage of petrol being long distance with prestored energy and fast refuel becoming superfluous. People will have adapted to the restrictions and given up their desire to travel, it will be a thing of the past.
    With a dozen more lockdowns smashing small businesses there will be no small mechanics or small dealerships left in business. Also new ute tax type levies will gradually make petrol cars unaffordable and strict new emission laws will see a car buyback scheme crush the rest.
    On the eve of covid being conquered we will be confronted by the numbers of people lead to early death or disease by vehicle emissions.
    Gradually increasing in length monthly petrol power lockdowns will trigger people to swap to electric. As demand falls off the support infrastructure will collapse the same way motels and cafes are crushed by lockdowns....
    The team of five million, sorry six million I forgot the 1 million refugees we will take from Biden’s war with Iran will lead the world and set an example.
    Btw few new faces here this is not my desire but just what I see coming based on current events

So get out there and ride guys, clock up those petrol powered kms while you can

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Well bugger me look what they slipped in the back door while all the hoopla about the ute tax was going on....,

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/evs/1...ices-from-2023

It’s scary that the only car that comes close to passing is a 1.2L Suzuki swift. Bikes are not mentioned yet but be warned our “emissions” per km only best cars on CO2, we are way worse on all other stuff...
    Most of NZ can’t affird a new EV and most should never smart enough to nite but a second hand ev/hybrid with questionable battery life left....
    So we will still buy petrol suck up the tax penalty til they ratchet up a few more notches.
    If you want to get a performance bike or car of any kind now is time to buy...
    How long till we have to bolt the cat back on st WOF time????

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    How long till we have to bolt the cat back on st WOF time????
    I refuse to let a grubby fingered WoF tester touch my pussy!
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I refuse to let a grubby fingered WoF tester touch my pussy!
    If it’s in such condition that it needs bolts and clamps prob no one wants to touch it 😂

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Ho ho ho that didn’t take long....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12660...-tararua-range

Now let’s just wait for our climate controlled media to tell us it’s just s bizarre one off occursnce and not just a standard industry problem

Bike
    A
    Ho ho ho that didn’t take long....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12660...-tararua-range

Now let’s just wait for our climate controlled media to tell us it’s just s bizarre one off occursnce and not just a standard industry problem
    Given the fire rate is something like 1 in 1700 for wind turbines worldwide, if I recall correctly, and the majority of fires go unreported...clean green wind energy is an oxymoron

At the height of the nacelle on these turbines, the fire brigade just goes to observe and prevent a bush fire I suppose

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Lot of hoons in news lately.... what will they and theives do with electric vehicles.

Instead of burnouts will we see high voltage coronal discharges of mini lightening bolts?
    I see hundreds of electric vehicles will be driven off roadside into Bush and used to power lighting for dope crops in caves
    Or being used to reverse charge a crooks home then dumped and burned in spectacular style???
    And if theives are risking death to steal catslytic converters just imagine the black market for a battery’s swap

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I see hundreds of electric vehicles will be driven off roadside into Bush and used to power lighting for dope crops in caves
    What an excellent idea. Personally I would go for an electric bus, mobile grow room.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    James Shaw made a ridiculous claim during his cash for clunkers proposal.

Our children will experience 5 times more droughts and four times more flooding events than previous generations...
    Now James just which generation are we measuring against????
    It’s important as with increasing life expectancy the maths matters.
    Droughts and floods are normal parts of weather cycles and even when they do occur they are managed well and are not civilisation threatening affairs....
    You’d think someone who just internationally travelled on jet plane during worldwide pandemic to attend a climate conference would have some more accurate data????

Bike
    77 XL250
    Care to show me some examples of well managed floods and droughts?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Care to show me some examples of well managed floods and droughts?
    All over NZ we have been dealing with them successfully for decades with a few minor bruises along the way

Thread Information