Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten years tick tock the bell tolls for NZ petrol power

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    And just wait till all those electric cars get plugged in

Ffs, jo nova???? Probably thinks the lizard people are behind climate change.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Ffs, jo nova???? Probably thinks the lizard people are behind climate change.
    Again you fail to bring any facts to debate
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

***red alert*** ***red alert*** ***red alert***

End of NEW motorcycle buying for average joe in NZ by 2027

Latest article has in depth info of how batshit crazy this regime is in destroying our petrol freedoms...

https://i.stuff.co.nz/environment/cl...go-zero-carbon

By 2027 HALF of all new cars and motorcycles sold must be electric, so supply and demand and all those that are buying will be paying some kind of tax premium.

Somehow the farmers are going to produce the same amount of meat and milk with 15% less livestock also ??????

Too much crazy shit to list read the article for yourselves....

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    End of NEW motorcycle buying for average joe in NZ by 2027

Latest article has in depth info of how batshit crazy this regime is in destroying our petrol freedoms...

https://i.stuff.co.nz/environment/cl...go-zero-carbon

By 2027 HALF of all new cars and motorcycles sold must be electric, so supply and demand and all those that are buying will be paying some kind of tax premium.

Somehow the farmers are going to produce the same amount of meat and milk with 15% less livestock also ??????

Too much crazy shit to list read the article for yourselves....
    Its a DRAFT PLAN from the Climate Change commission, nothing about it is law and many of those items will be changed, watered down or omitted completely over time.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Its a DRAFT PLAN from the Climate Change commission, nothing about it is law and many of those items will be changed, watered down or omitted completely over time.
    Internal combustion engine has only been around 100ish years, it won't be the end of the world it goes away. However, making it go away without a viable alternative is asking for trouble. I would buy an electric car or motorcycle if the technology for batteries was at a level to replace convenience of petrol (I don't like diesel in non-commercial applications). Where's the infrastructure to support charging? Do we have enough generation capacity to support everyone plugging in their vehicles overnight? And run heatpumps and all other electrical devices.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I would like to think along the same lines and hope like hell it is watered down.
    But the media had Jacinda walking on water in previous term with her minority govt having a “mandate” to govern and change.
    Now she has a majority govt and signed a deal with the crackpot greens to boot.
    So ANYTHING she wants to pass to please her global masters will happen.
    With the nation on welfare in covid calamity times she will get a third term too.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Where's the infrastructure to support charging? Do we have enough generation capacity to support everyone plugging in their vehicles overnight? And run heatpumps and all other electrical devices.
    Exactly.... but that’s why they bought in smart meters. They will control which of your devices is allowed power. Oh no your not mig welding your stock car chassis at 10pm, your neighbour needs to charge their Prius.
    It’s funny how all the brownout stories seemed to have vanished from the media. I remember cold showers in 90s after rugby practice because supply was limited. Our population has nearly doubled since then but we haven’t really introduced new generation capacity....

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I hope the technology and infrastructure makes serious strides. Imagine trying to do the TT2000 on an electric bike.

Also, imagine the amount of infrastructure that they'll need on a holiday weekend to support the charging of electric vehicles. Even if they get the charging down to 30 minutes a vehicle, that's still at least six times slower than the time required to refill an ICE vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    The installed generating capacity of New Zealand (all sources) as of December 2017 was 9,237 megawatts, is that enough to support vehicle charging and population growth and keep Tiwai going?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    I hope the technology and infrastructure makes serious strides. Imagine trying to do the TT2000 on an electric bike.

Also, imagine the amount of infrastructure that they'll need on a holiday weekend to support the charging of electric vehicles. Even if they get the charging down to 30 minutes a vehicle, that's still at least six times slower than the time required to refill an ICE vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hybrid would be the way to go I think. Full EV is a long way away.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Internal combustion engine has only been around 100ish years, it won't be the end of the world it goes away. However, making it go away without a viable alternative is asking for trouble. I would buy an electric car or motorcycle if the technology for batteries was at a level to replace convenience of petrol (I don't like diesel in non-commercial applications). Where's the infrastructure to support charging? Do we have enough generation capacity to support everyone plugging in their vehicles overnight? And run heatpumps and all other electrical devices.
    Why? You can run the used cooking oil from your local fish n chip shop in theme.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The installed generating capacity of New Zealand (all sources) as of December 2017 was 9,237 megawatts, is that enough to support vehicle charging and population growth and keep Tiwai going?
    The report says we have to shut Tiwai even tho govt just bailed them out with corporate welfare....

I didn’t the numbers awhile ago, hopefully got it wrong but the amount needed to recharge everyone’s cars isn’t as much as I thought. That’s was with some pretty crude numbers converting energy density of petrol to equivalent electric timescale vehichle fleet numbers.....

Maybe one of our resident “experts” in everything g will cut n paste some precise data....

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Last edited by george formby; 1st February 2021 at 15:15. Reason: Capital dilemma.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Sitting next to a road construction yard today got me thinking about the impacts for industry and contractors. The sheer cost of buy new electric powered capital equipment, setting up charging infrastructure. Recharging on third party sites instead of fuel truck turning up in night...
    There’s so many aspects that make zero emission not practical.
    Also as we get closer to the tipping point/end date, many suppliers and repairers and parts agents would bail out early.
    Balance sheets would be ruined by worthlessness equipment that can’t be sold
    Busin she’s would be foreclosed on By banks everywhere....
    What business will invest in new gear when the future isn’t 100% certain.....

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    The report says we have to shut Tiwai even tho govt just bailed them out with corporate welfare....

I didn’t the numbers awhile ago, hopefully got it wrong but the amount needed to recharge everyone’s cars isn’t as much as I thought. That’s was with some pretty crude numbers converting energy density of petrol to equivalent electric timescale vehichle fleet numbers.....

Maybe one of our resident “experts” in everything g will cut n paste some precise data....
    In the future, it will be unable to cope with all those millennial mobility scooters.

But we might be able to cross the Cook Straight on Seahorses by then though.

Thread Information