Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten years tick tock the bell tolls for NZ petrol power

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I’m optimistic too but like to keep people aware of their freedoms being eroded. History shows various regimes progressively take away freedoms, they never increase them except in very rare circumstances like current easings proposed for RMA.

Reactors are not the worry it’s the spent fuel pools that are the problem. Thanks to activists and environmentalists making transporting spent fuel to a better location it is instead stored in most dangerous way possible.
    Just like at Fukishima American reactors have spent fuel pools onsite where fuel rods are continuously cooled in a pumped swimming pool type affair. Of course they have back up generators etc but any kind of major disaster disrupting infrastructure services and supplies for more than a few days would create a national if not world destroying catastrophe....
    The worst thing about it all though is technology exists to completely exhaust uranium fuels to a safe zero radiation level but a reactor of that type doesn’t make weapons grade by products and you just can’t have nation states having access to a safe endless supply of power....
    It's for our own good apparantly... plus we are #payingandvotingforittoo. What's the point of freedom if you ain't alive to enjoy it .

If reactors weren't a worry, Fukushima wouldn't still be the problem that it is 10 years later. Last I read they had thousands of tanks of partially treated water that they want to release into the ocean and every robot that has been sent in to find the fuel has melted and so the fuel location still remains a mystery. So man v's something man thought would never happen still rages. What if they never find it? How many generations are going to be making plastic tanks to keep the hide n seek champ of the world from fucking things up even further? If active nuclear reactors aren't a worry, then why bother going to all of the trouble to manage Fukushima. Could it be because they're pretty dangerous when they reach a state where they are unmanageable?

You mention backup generators. They don't fuel themselves. Were man falls apart, so it is highly likely that man could persist in some form or another. However, the supply chains that keep nuclear reactors going must remain constant. For instance, there are a handful of teams that are trained to maintain nuclear reactors. Reactors require reletively infrequent maintenance so there needn't be a team per reactor or indeed site, but you still need these guys to be able to move arond the globe and stay alive for us to dodge that bullet (as well as future fixit guys educated to requirement)... and were the economy is failing from any number of places, so the likelihood of a reactor going pop rises.

Yeah I read of a reactor that runs by depleting "spent" fuel rods in Russia somewhere. Cool stuff, but an awful excuse to keep producing more reactors (and by default war materials). Reactors are a tad more dangerous than people give them credit for, coz the numbers of ways of upsetting them grows every sngle day . Gooooooooooooooo hoomans.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I hear you Mashman, just meant that reactor is something that can be shutdown if needed, where as a spent fuel pool is an inescapable problem in times of societal breakdown or infrastructure failure...

Cut n paste originally from Jim Stone

“Americans have been told their nuclear waste must go somewhere. Americans have been told their spent reactor fuel needs to be stored inside a mountain in the desert, where it will sit as a threat and menace to the World for millions of years. Americans have been told there is nothing they can do about it. But what if they have been told a lie? What if that “spent fuel” was not spent at all? What if a technology existed which allowed the same fuel to be used over and over, twenty times in fact, and expended so fully that fuel rods would be safe enough to handle directly out of the reactor? Think any “spent fuel pools” would be full? And even if this technology never existed,

What if foreign nations, (France was one) offered to buy this fuel from America for billions of dollars only to have the American Government refuse the offer for no reason at all? Certainly allowing France to have it would solve the problem of getting rid of it. And the final question, WHY would the American Government want so much nuclear material sitting around the country – enough to make countless atomic bombs – only to have it become a threat to America’s National Security? Could it be that for many years America has not had a legitimate government, and instead has had a band of invaders in power who have intentionally set America up for a fall? After reading this report, I believe you will be inclined to think so.

This report consists of hard scientific fact and even harder answers.

During my journey of discovery in my investigation into the Fukushima disaster, I interviewed an 85 year old nuclear engineer who worked in the nuclear industry during America’s glory days, an engineer who earned General Electric over 100 patents. He was one of the engineers who designed Fukushima, so naturally when conducting an investigation into such a disaster any journalist would want that type of reference. He was surprised when my prior study of reactor systems was so thorough that he had no information about Fukushima I did not already dig up, and he was very surprised when I told him details about the inner workings of his own reactor design he never expected anyone in the Media to know.

When I started to think I was going to walk away with nothing new, he began to talk about an entirely different subject. He began his new direction in the discussion with the phrase “My team succeeded in closing the nuclear loop, and Jimmy Carter banned our miracle with an executive order.”

Here is what followed that introductory line, and an enormous reason why Americans need to seriously question the current government structure and possibly start over.

“I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project, and have been involved in reactor design and nuclear engineering my whole life. There was one answer we all searched for, and it was how to close the nuclear loop.

When a reactor such as a boiling water reactor uses fuel, the waste products, which are highly radioactive isotopes that have a different fission characteristic than the original fuel, build up in the fuel and change the nature of the nuclear reaction. A reactor such as a boiling water reactor can only use the fuel until it gets contaminated by these isotopes enough to change the nature of the nuclear reactions taking place. The reaction environment inside a boiling water reactor is only one such environment which will work to trigger a chain reaction, and if that spent fuel is put into a reactor made from different materials, those materials can favor the burning of the isotopes which interfere with the chain reactions in the boiling water reactor and use these interfering isotopes as fuel until they are consumed. After this process, which restores the fuel to it’s original state is complete, the fuel can go back into the boiling water reactor and used as new with no reprocessing – the exact same rods can be exchanged between reactors.

We perfected the second reactor design which used liquid sodium as a coolant and the reactor ran much hotter – 1,100 farenheit as opposed to 550 in a boiling water reactor. The liquid sodium circulated inside the reactor instead of water, with the heat of the reaction being removed from the system by a heat exchanger which produced steam outside the reactor for use in producing electricity. The temperature difference and coolant characteristics in the complimentary reactor facilitated the burning of the isotopes, and you got to use both sides of the reaction – the boiling water reactor produced electricity while producing unwanted isotopes, and the sodium cooled reactor produced electricity while burning the unwanted isotopes out. This process could be repeated 20 times, and when it was finished the fuel was DEAD and no longer hazardous because all of it’s radiological potential was used up. It was a clean energy dream come true, and Carter banned it by executive order!

He specifically stated that the burn down was so complete that the spent fuel was safe to handle directly with bare hands, and needed no special care or maintenance at all, and after I questioned him about exactly how safe, said you could safely sleep on it. I questioned him several times, saying he must be exaggerating, but he said ALL radiological potential was used, and the fuel was completely inert at the end of the final cycle.

Many people know about the liquid sodium breeder reactor developed by GE in the late 1970‘s but few people know the real story about this reactor, which this engineer developed. To back stab the public image of this reactor, it was stated that it’s rods would stick and that liquid sodium was too dangerous to use as a coolant. But this engineer, the man who developed it, stated that this Media campaign was a pure psy op which like many things the Media and government says had no truth to it at all.

He then went on to lament about what a waste of money it was to have the technology banned because nuclear fuel is expensive and they were only able to use it to about five percent of its total potential without implementing this technology. He lamented the fact that his life’s greatest accomplishment got banned for no good reason, and it was a tremendous waste of money to not use the technology his team developed. Electricity would have been cheap. So cheap that homes would not have been heated with oil or natural gas, electricity would have been the only sensible choice. Furthermore, with a reduction in the price of electricity by at least 10 X, electric cars would have quickly become a standard.

This would have been America’s free energy future, with the only real cost being maintenance of infrastructure.

He was sad that we were now paying too much for electricity. I guess that’s how an engineer thinks. He had read my article about Fukushima and liked it, so it is an easy guess that his eyes were open to the global conspiracy. But I think he missed the obvious in what he said.

Here is what I think about this technology being banned, and it has nothing to do with preservation of resources or free energy.

Nuclear reactors are huge. They have an enormous amount of nuclear material in them. One boiling water reactor core the size of the ones at Fukushima, which have a thermal potential of three gigawatts and an electrical generating capacity of one gigawatt can easily hold enough fissionable material to make many atomic bombs. And with the technology that makes re using that fuel illegal, it builds up in the cooling pools at a rate of 25 tons per electrical gigawatt YEAR. This means that after 40 years of fuel buildup even small 500 megawatt facilities have approximately a million pounds of highly radioactive fuel sitting in their pools waiting for the right combination of problems to cause a disaster.

Because the Japanese were at least allowed by their government to use a reprocessing technology inferior to what this engineer spoke of, Fukushima only had approximately 250, 000 pounds of “spent” fuel at each reactor site, which remained intact throughout the disaster. But because in America no reprocessing is allowed at all in any form, the Fukushima equivalents in America, such as TVA operated Browns Ferry and NSP operated Prairie Island have no fewer than two million pounds of “spent” fuel at each reactor site, which means that Browns Ferry alone could, in a worst case scenario, far exceed the damage done by Fukushima.

Contrary to what the scamming Main Stream press has reported, Fukushima Reactor 3 was destroyed entirely while at 3, 000 PSI (far beyond specifications) which resulted in a complete core expulsion. This threw approximately 100,000 pounds of fuel into the environment, much of it in the form of brown dust that badly contaminated the entire surrounding area and was found around the World. At 100,000 pounds of expelled material, Reactor 3 could have produced at most two percent of the total contamination possible from a large American nuclear facility. This puts the possible disaster from Browns Ferry at 50 to 100 times worse than Fukushima. Multiply that by Prairie Island and the over 100 other similar sized nuclear facilities in America and it is not hard to calculate that a serious national security threat exists.

When GE and others designed the nuclear facilities both in America and abroad, they had calculated that they would indeed succeed in closing the nuclear loop. So they designed the nuclear facilities with an approximate 20 X safety margin in the fuel pools, because they did not have a clear date on when the technology would be perfected. It was my impression from this engineer that they got it sooner than expected. So fortunately the fuel pools were over built, but despite being over built they were never designed to withstand the fuel burdens that would result from a political decision to destroy the closed loop fuel cycle technology altogether.

So now, 40 years after the ban, America has fuel pools around the country that are so full that they have exceeded even the extremely generous safety margins they were originally designed to have, and even modest pools often have over 400 tons of highly active isotope ridden “spent” fuel in them.

Having functional fuel pool cooling systems was never intended to be necessary. GE and others wanted only a fractional core worth of fuel sitting in a pool at any one time, with at most one or two entire cores, not 15 or 20. If all cooling systems failed with only the intended maximum of one or two cores sitting in a pool there would be no boiling of the water in the pool, no pending disaster possible from equipment failure no matter how severe. But the way it is now, if there is any sort of attack or disaster which prevents fuel pool maintenance at any of the facilities in America for a period exceeding three days, the water will boil off, the fuel will catch fire and a nuclear disaster of unimaginable magnitude far in excess of Fukushima will take place. And it never needed to be this way, in fact, the situation is criminal.

Foreign nations offered help, but the American government said NO

Upon recognizing the lunacy of America’s Federally mandated nuclear sabotage, countries like France and Germany stepped offered to buy America’s 5% spent fuel for billions of dollars. They were not held political hostage by a hostile government, and could certainly use a source of cheap fuel. But rather than accept this offer, the American government mandated NO transport of the fuel to foreign nations, no further use whatsoever. American nuclear facilities were forced by Federal regulation to use approximately five percent of the fuel’s radiological potential, leaving 95 percent of the radiological hazard remaining, and subsequently forced to keep it in a fuel pool that needs continuous maintenance. While arguing against this report, shills have said it was the import and export restrictions which caused such a dangerous situation in America, but since those laws were written by the same government that banned the closing of the “nuclear loop“, the export restrictions are only a further indictment of the FED for causing this problem.

Simultaneous with the intentional building of the threat from having so much nuclear material sitting around came all the government scandals and lies about needing to put the fuel somewhere. Inside a mountain in the desert. Inside a dry cask. Maybe in the ocean, all the while the general American public was kept oblivious to the obvious answer: if we are not allowed to use it because of a nonsensical piece of legislation, why not let some one else have it, when they are willing to even pay for it?”
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I hear you Mashman, just meant that reactor is something that can be shutdown if needed, where as a spent fuel pool is an inescapable problem in times of societal breakdown or infrastructure failure...

Cut n paste originally from Jim Stone

“Americans have been told their nuclear waste must go somewhere. Americans have been told their spent reactor fuel needs to be stored inside a mountain in the desert, where it will sit as a threat and menace to the World for millions of years. Americans have been told there is nothing they can do about it. But what if they have been told a lie? What if that “spent fuel” was not spent at all? What if a technology existed which allowed the same fuel to be used over and over, twenty times in fact, and expended so fully that fuel rods would be safe enough to handle directly out of the reactor? Think any “spent fuel pools” would be full? And even if this technology never existed,

What if foreign nations, (France was one) offered to buy this fuel from America for billions of dollars only to have the American Government refuse the offer for no reason at all? Certainly allowing France to have it would solve the problem of getting rid of it. And the final question, WHY would the American Government want so much nuclear material sitting around the country – enough to make countless atomic bombs – only to have it become a threat to America’s National Security? Could it be that for many years America has not had a legitimate government, and instead has had a band of invaders in power who have intentionally set America up for a fall? After reading this report, I believe you will be inclined to think so.

This report consists of hard scientific fact and even harder answers.

During my journey of discovery in my investigation into the Fukushima disaster, I interviewed an 85 year old nuclear engineer who worked in the nuclear industry during America’s glory days, an engineer who earned General Electric over 100 patents. He was one of the engineers who designed Fukushima, so naturally when conducting an investigation into such a disaster any journalist would want that type of reference. He was surprised when my prior study of reactor systems was so thorough that he had no information about Fukushima I did not already dig up, and he was very surprised when I told him details about the inner workings of his own reactor design he never expected anyone in the Media to know.

When I started to think I was going to walk away with nothing new, he began to talk about an entirely different subject. He began his new direction in the discussion with the phrase “My team succeeded in closing the nuclear loop, and Jimmy Carter banned our miracle with an executive order.”

Here is what followed that introductory line, and an enormous reason why Americans need to seriously question the current government structure and possibly start over.

“I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project, and have been involved in reactor design and nuclear engineering my whole life. There was one answer we all searched for, and it was how to close the nuclear loop.

When a reactor such as a boiling water reactor uses fuel, the waste products, which are highly radioactive isotopes that have a different fission characteristic than the original fuel, build up in the fuel and change the nature of the nuclear reaction. A reactor such as a boiling water reactor can only use the fuel until it gets contaminated by these isotopes enough to change the nature of the nuclear reactions taking place. The reaction environment inside a boiling water reactor is only one such environment which will work to trigger a chain reaction, and if that spent fuel is put into a reactor made from different materials, those materials can favor the burning of the isotopes which interfere with the chain reactions in the boiling water reactor and use these interfering isotopes as fuel until they are consumed. After this process, which restores the fuel to it’s original state is complete, the fuel can go back into the boiling water reactor and used as new with no reprocessing – the exact same rods can be exchanged between reactors.

We perfected the second reactor design which used liquid sodium as a coolant and the reactor ran much hotter – 1,100 farenheit as opposed to 550 in a boiling water reactor. The liquid sodium circulated inside the reactor instead of water, with the heat of the reaction being removed from the system by a heat exchanger which produced steam outside the reactor for use in producing electricity. The temperature difference and coolant characteristics in the complimentary reactor facilitated the burning of the isotopes, and you got to use both sides of the reaction – the boiling water reactor produced electricity while producing unwanted isotopes, and the sodium cooled reactor produced electricity while burning the unwanted isotopes out. This process could be repeated 20 times, and when it was finished the fuel was DEAD and no longer hazardous because all of it’s radiological potential was used up. It was a clean energy dream come true, and Carter banned it by executive order!

He specifically stated that the burn down was so complete that the spent fuel was safe to handle directly with bare hands, and needed no special care or maintenance at all, and after I questioned him about exactly how safe, said you could safely sleep on it. I questioned him several times, saying he must be exaggerating, but he said ALL radiological potential was used, and the fuel was completely inert at the end of the final cycle.

Many people know about the liquid sodium breeder reactor developed by GE in the late 1970‘s but few people know the real story about this reactor, which this engineer developed. To back stab the public image of this reactor, it was stated that it’s rods would stick and that liquid sodium was too dangerous to use as a coolant. But this engineer, the man who developed it, stated that this Media campaign was a pure psy op which like many things the Media and government says had no truth to it at all.

He then went on to lament about what a waste of money it was to have the technology banned because nuclear fuel is expensive and they were only able to use it to about five percent of its total potential without implementing this technology. He lamented the fact that his life’s greatest accomplishment got banned for no good reason, and it was a tremendous waste of money to not use the technology his team developed. Electricity would have been cheap. So cheap that homes would not have been heated with oil or natural gas, electricity would have been the only sensible choice. Furthermore, with a reduction in the price of electricity by at least 10 X, electric cars would have quickly become a standard.

This would have been America’s free energy future, with the only real cost being maintenance of infrastructure.

He was sad that we were now paying too much for electricity. I guess that’s how an engineer thinks. He had read my article about Fukushima and liked it, so it is an easy guess that his eyes were open to the global conspiracy. But I think he missed the obvious in what he said.

Here is what I think about this technology being banned, and it has nothing to do with preservation of resources or free energy.

Nuclear reactors are huge. They have an enormous amount of nuclear material in them. One boiling water reactor core the size of the ones at Fukushima, which have a thermal potential of three gigawatts and an electrical generating capacity of one gigawatt can easily hold enough fissionable material to make many atomic bombs. And with the technology that makes re using that fuel illegal, it builds up in the cooling pools at a rate of 25 tons per electrical gigawatt YEAR. This means that after 40 years of fuel buildup even small 500 megawatt facilities have approximately a million pounds of highly radioactive fuel sitting in their pools waiting for the right combination of problems to cause a disaster.

Because the Japanese were at least allowed by their government to use a reprocessing technology inferior to what this engineer spoke of, Fukushima only had approximately 250, 000 pounds of “spent” fuel at each reactor site, which remained intact throughout the disaster. But because in America no reprocessing is allowed at all in any form, the Fukushima equivalents in America, such as TVA operated Browns Ferry and NSP operated Prairie Island have no fewer than two million pounds of “spent” fuel at each reactor site, which means that Browns Ferry alone could, in a worst case scenario, far exceed the damage done by Fukushima.

Contrary to what the scamming Main Stream press has reported, Fukushima Reactor 3 was destroyed entirely while at 3, 000 PSI (far beyond specifications) which resulted in a complete core expulsion. This threw approximately 100,000 pounds of fuel into the environment, much of it in the form of brown dust that badly contaminated the entire surrounding area and was found around the World. At 100,000 pounds of expelled material, Reactor 3 could have produced at most two percent of the total contamination possible from a large American nuclear facility. This puts the possible disaster from Browns Ferry at 50 to 100 times worse than Fukushima. Multiply that by Prairie Island and the over 100 other similar sized nuclear facilities in America and it is not hard to calculate that a serious national security threat exists.

When GE and others designed the nuclear facilities both in America and abroad, they had calculated that they would indeed succeed in closing the nuclear loop. So they designed the nuclear facilities with an approximate 20 X safety margin in the fuel pools, because they did not have a clear date on when the technology would be perfected. It was my impression from this engineer that they got it sooner than expected. So fortunately the fuel pools were over built, but despite being over built they were never designed to withstand the fuel burdens that would result from a political decision to destroy the closed loop fuel cycle technology altogether.

So now, 40 years after the ban, America has fuel pools around the country that are so full that they have exceeded even the extremely generous safety margins they were originally designed to have, and even modest pools often have over 400 tons of highly active isotope ridden “spent” fuel in them.

Having functional fuel pool cooling systems was never intended to be necessary. GE and others wanted only a fractional core worth of fuel sitting in a pool at any one time, with at most one or two entire cores, not 15 or 20. If all cooling systems failed with only the intended maximum of one or two cores sitting in a pool there would be no boiling of the water in the pool, no pending disaster possible from equipment failure no matter how severe. But the way it is now, if there is any sort of attack or disaster which prevents fuel pool maintenance at any of the facilities in America for a period exceeding three days, the water will boil off, the fuel will catch fire and a nuclear disaster of unimaginable magnitude far in excess of Fukushima will take place. And it never needed to be this way, in fact, the situation is criminal.

Foreign nations offered help, but the American government said NO

Upon recognizing the lunacy of America’s Federally mandated nuclear sabotage, countries like France and Germany stepped offered to buy America’s 5% spent fuel for billions of dollars. They were not held political hostage by a hostile government, and could certainly use a source of cheap fuel. But rather than accept this offer, the American government mandated NO transport of the fuel to foreign nations, no further use whatsoever. American nuclear facilities were forced by Federal regulation to use approximately five percent of the fuel’s radiological potential, leaving 95 percent of the radiological hazard remaining, and subsequently forced to keep it in a fuel pool that needs continuous maintenance. While arguing against this report, shills have said it was the import and export restrictions which caused such a dangerous situation in America, but since those laws were written by the same government that banned the closing of the “nuclear loop“, the export restrictions are only a further indictment of the FED for causing this problem.

Simultaneous with the intentional building of the threat from having so much nuclear material sitting around came all the government scandals and lies about needing to put the fuel somewhere. Inside a mountain in the desert. Inside a dry cask. Maybe in the ocean, all the while the general American public was kept oblivious to the obvious answer: if we are not allowed to use it because of a nonsensical piece of legislation, why not let some one else have it, when they are willing to even pay for it?”
    Aye, they can be shutdown and managed into silence. Not so much when an unmanaged shutdown occurs though.

Interesting read, thanks. Were Nik Tesla's research had have been implemented there would have been no real need for nuclear. Inefficiency has been good for business for a very long time.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The inmates are running the asylum lol

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...h-diesel-power

Cleanest place in nz and their virtue signalling is more pollution than if they did nothing

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I'm a chef and this will prove to be virtually unworkable in coming decades.

The only alternative to gas is induction and they are horrifically expensive, so are suitable pans. Mega costs to change over, Martin Bosley' was understated if anything.

As for the BBQ. I haven't cooked on gas for years, went low and slow and never looked back. Weird they don't mention that charcoal or wood offsets are in the crosshairs.

Possibly a covert attempt to turn us all vegan.

Over my cold, dead, smoky brisket I say. To arms!

Summit else that makes me ponder about these proposed changes. What happens to all the vehicles, stoves etc that will be junked? Gonna be a lot of planes, trains and ships scrapped as well. Not for awhile, but.
    . .
    God why am I here?

Not existential. Just replying to a silly thread.

Ok here's my thing. I use gas for barbecue. But I have a rack above the burners and I stack pumice upon it .

So any fat drips down and soaks the pumice.

Then I place a roasting lid over what I am cooking. Smoke city. Just does gorgeous bbq.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1983 Yamaha XJ750E
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Jobs will be created in the new sectors ... remember the move from horse-drawn to internal combustion? No, of course you don't - so let me say that lots of jobs caring for horses, driving and riding horse, markets for hay etc to feed them, harness manufacturers - all went out the window - and new jobs were created around internal combustion engines .. it will happen again.

When the fossil fuel runs out those businesses relying on it will be toast anyway ..
    It's been generally accepted since the 80s, that we won't be running out of fossil fuels any time soon. Personally, I'd be keen for an EV, but I am way too poor to buy one.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Can we bring this discussion back to bbq PLEeeassse.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I read R650R's cut and paste. Interesting, and I think I can see why Carter promulgated his executive order banning the sale of nuclear waste.

This passage quoting the Japanese engineer set off alarm bells.
    “I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project,"

It's just not credible that there was a Japanese engineer anywhere near the Manhattan Project. Either chronologically or geographically.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I read R650R's cut and paste. Interesting, and I think I can see why Carter promulgated his executive order banning the sale of nuclear waste.

“I started in the American nuclear program all the way back at the time of the Manhattan project,"

It's just not credible that there was a Japanese engineer anywhere near the Manhattan Project. Either chronologically or geographically.
    Where does it say he is Japanese?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Can we bring this discussion back to bbq PLEeeassse.
    Your pumice penchant is intriguing. I use kitty litter to catch my drips, fresh out of the bag, not the tray.. It seems to be just pumice.

Back on topic. EV's are like induction hobs. Quick, efficient and soulless.

Sorry, that's the only kinda relevant thing I could come up with while thinking about BBQ. (Had Wichita ribs last night lightly smoked with olive wood.)
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Where does it say he is Japanese?
    Correct, it doesn't. About the Carter ban on the reprocessing of fuel rods, if that technology existed, what is to stop any country outside of USA doing just that? That's right, nothing, and they do. Also Reagan overturned the Carter ban in 1981.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reprocessing
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So the pumice is held above the burners on a grate. The fat drips on the pumice and smokes creating smokey bbq meat. Or mex corn, those king sweetie capsicum. Yum.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So the pumice is held above the burners on a grate. The fat drips on the pumice and smokes creating smokey bbq meat. Or mex corn, those king sweetie capsicum. Yum.
    Crikey man, don't mention burning fat or oil in this thread. You risk a stern talking too. Might even get Feta Gruntherg posting something petulant.

My kitty litter does not get hot enough for external combustion of the fats and oils. I use lumps of organically grown fruit trees. Less chance of British Leyland exhaust flavour.

Potentially you could use a drizzle of extra virgin Castrol R on your sweeties?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

And even if he was...how old is he now?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    And even if he was...how old is he now?
    It is likely the 85 year old was interviewed some time in 2011 shortly after the disaster occurred. This would give a 1926 year of birth and prime university grad age at time of Manhattan project.

Any further questions?

Thread Information