Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ten years tick tock the bell tolls for NZ petrol power

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Ten years tick tock the bell tolls for NZ petrol power

I always suspected this is why Labour was so eager to carry the greens when they don't need their votes.
    The Green Party is going to ram this crap through and Jacinta will be able to wash her hands of it.
    Totally fits in with agenda 2030 timeline...
    Massive ramifications for the economy, so many flow on jobs will be toast...
    I don't think they have any idea of how many commercial applications need the flexibility and energy density petrol and diesel power offers.
    Sure battery technology is increasing but still major problems in battery weight vs storage and recharge times...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...hange-minister
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    We'll be walking only anyway by then. The way NZTA is reducing speed limits, anything faster than walking pace would be considered dangerous soon.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I always suspected this is why Labour was so eager to carry the greens when they don't need their votes.
    The Green Party is going to ram this crap through and Jacinta will be able to wash her hands of it.
    Totally fits in with agenda 2030 timeline...
    Massive ramifications for the economy, so many flow on jobs will be toast...
    I don't think they have any idea of how many commercial applications need the flexibility and energy density petrol and diesel power offers.
    Sure battery technology is increasing but still major problems in battery weight vs storage and recharge times...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...hange-minister
    Jobs will be created in the new sectors ... remember the move from horse-drawn to internal combustion? No, of course you don't - so let me say that lots of jobs caring for horses, driving and riding horse, markets for hay etc to feed them, harness manufacturers - all went out the window - and new jobs were created around internal combustion engines .. it will happen again.

When the fossil fuel runs out those businesses relying on it will be toast anyway ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Wish I could have found a pic with a wind turbine...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PITW.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	347728
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Jobs will be created in the new sectors ... remember the move from horse-drawn to internal combustion? No, of course you don't - so let me say that lots of jobs caring for horses, driving and riding horse, markets for hay etc to feed them, harness manufacturers - all went out the window - and new jobs were created around internal combustion engines .. it will happen again.

Horse drawn coaches had drivers. As do the bus's and trucks and cars that replaced the horse drawn vehicles.

With the introduction of internal combustion engines ... people had to man petrol stations and workshops/garages to repair and maintain them. In most cases ... the people that looked after the horses ... now (after some [usually very little] degree of up-skilling) looked after the motor vehicles. Farriers often became mechanics. Fuel had to be transported to the petrol stations throughout the country. Petrol could not be "Made" locally as hay could be. Vehicle parts distribution became a necessity ... and vehicle assembly workers became an actual occupation. The horse associated workers and suppliers never really went out of business. Even today ... a portion of local economies even today are based on horse related products.

With the introduction of internal combustion vehicles ... MORE jobs were created ... than lost.

Advice to many that are nowhere near retirement age yet ... start up-skilling to the new fuel systems ... or you might miss your chance.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post

Liquid cooled ...

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Advice to many that are nowhere near retirement age yet ... start up-skilling to the new fuel systems ... or you might miss your chance.
    You mean, become an electrician?
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...it will never happen...they are pissing in the green pockets...in a distant time, maybe...wankers...

...we will have had a fairly decent global event by then anyway...they have a way of re arranging plans...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post

When the fossil fuel runs out those businesses relying on it will be toast anyway ..
    THat was during Industrial Age, now we are headed into totally automated systems. Electric cars will be sealed units unserviceable like a MacBook or iPhone.
    (Before some tech geek responds I know you can replace some parts on them but you get idea)
    Fossil fuel won’t run out it’s an abiotic process...
    And the sacrilegious wind turbines need dinosaur oil as it’s the only thing barely good enough to lube the massive shear forces in their gearboxes.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PITW.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	347728
    Just google wind turbine on fire lots of pics lol

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    You mean, become an electrician?
    No silly ... A Barista ...

Bike
    raptor 1000
    i wonder if the guy who punched Shaw drives a Ranger

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    i wonder if the guy who punched Shaw drives a Ranger
    One things for sure he drinks for free at every working mans bar

Bike
    Twowheeled
    Internal combustion engines are not sustainable. Check out where the share market money is going, yes to sustainable products, environmentally friendly. Bring on agenda 2030 or just bury your head in the sand.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Internal combustion engines are not sustainable. Check out where the share market money is going, yes to sustainable products, environmentally friendly. Bring on agenda 2030 or just bury your head in the sand.
    ...hahahahahahahahahaa...

Thread Information