Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PM Chris Hipkins

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

PM Chris Hipkins

You all know I’m no labour fan but man isn’t lil chipper hitting home runs at moment in short time. Knock out blow to pesky Nash setting tone for a no nonsense govt.
    The coastal shipping initiative for Gisborne-Napier and beyond ( why haven’t the greens ever managed to get that going already?)
    The policy bonfire taking away a lot of nationals ammunition.
    You can’t just imagine Jacindas response to above issues....
    Next six months sure will be interesting
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You all know I’m no labour fan but man isn’t lil chipper hitting home runs at moment in short time. Knock out blow to pesky Nash setting tone for a no nonsense govt.
    The coastal shipping initiative for Gisborne-Napier and beyond ( why haven’t the greens ever managed to get that going already?)
    The policy bonfire taking away a lot of nationals ammunition.
    You can’t just imagine Jacindas response to above issues....
    Next six months sure will be interesting
    A Tiger can't change it's stripes.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    If Labour gets back in, do you think it will be the first or second week that all these policies reappear?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    If Labour gets back in, do you think it will be the first or second week that all these policies reappear?
    I think it will be the length of time for them to find where they stored the draft in their documents.

So about 5 minutes.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I think it will be the length of time for them to find where they stored the draft in their documents.

So about 5 minutes.
    What worries me most is latest polls show they will need a coalition of Maori and greens..... that will be worse than any of their own policies...

This election will be aboutsaying no to co governance and six waters (it’s called that because they added the sea and sky and the new Winston’s said it’s six because they are pissing on your back and telling you it’s raining!!!)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    My 'fear' (if you can call it that) is that the Natural disaster of the Cyclone will give Labour and the Greens a convincing talking point around Climate Change and evil business and let's just throw money at the problem.

I unfortunately have gotten Labour ads on Youtube.

Every single one of them talks about spending money.

At this point with massive government-caused inflation, I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's incompetence or malevolence.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    My 'fear' (if you can call it that) is that the Natural disaster of the Cyclone will give Labour and the Greens a convincing talking point around Climate Change and evil business and let's just throw money at the problem.

I unfortunately have gotten Labour ads on Youtube.

Every single one of them talks about spending money.

At this point with massive government-caused inflation, I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's incompetence or malevolence.
    I think their not clever enough to be of evil intent but definitely incompetent.
    What’s worse post flood is the local trauma coupled with the covid era mask policing type judgement. Anecdotal evidence is that forestry industry workers are copping abuse in public over slash issue due to the blame/judgement culture modern society has enveloped into.
    It’s an interesting quandary though, trees are now evil but they need trees to save environment.
    And we now have huge masses of unstable hillsides that erm need trees planted on them to stabilise. One wonders how much of current forestry was planted post Bola to solve same problem...
    Yep I’m sure they will spend much money looking like something is being done.
    The silver lining from all this disaster though is many people now red pilled into the knowledge that the government is not here to save you....

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    It’s an interesting quandary though, trees are now evil but they need trees to save environment.
    Live trees, growing, helping hold the soil together and sequestering carbon are good. Dead trees, cut into logs with slash left piled where it fell - bad. Even you should be able to see there is a difference.
    Trees planted after Bola did do a pretty ok job of holding the steep, unstable hillsides together. It was after they were cut that bad things started to happen.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Live trees, growing, helping hold the soil together and sequestering carbon are good. Dead trees, cut into logs with slash left piled where it fell - bad. Even you should be able to see there is a difference.
    Trees planted after Bola did do a pretty ok job of holding the steep, unstable hillsides together. It was after they were cut that bad things started to happen.
    Allegedly, 70% of NZ's timber plantations have offshore owners. Be nice if the gummint sent them a bill for the clean up.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Allegedly, 70% of NZ's timber plantations have offshore owners. Be nice if the gummint sent them a bill for the clean up.
    Normally I'm wildly opposed to things like this - but certainly a one-time 'voluntary' donation, perhaps a rebuilt building or two named in honor of the generous company who came to the party wouldn't be amiss.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Normally I'm wildly opposed to things like this - but certainly a one-time 'voluntary' donation, perhaps a rebuilt building or two named in honor of the generous company who came to the party wouldn't be amiss.
    Many, many, countries have enforced far better forestry practices to minimise risk from clear felling and ensure soil quality is maintained for bio-diversity. We should catch up, quickly.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Many, many, countries have enforced far better forestry practices to minimise risk from clear felling and ensure soil quality is maintained for bio-diversity. We should catch up, quickly.
    I'll take your word on it - I know next to nothing about Foresty. The only impression I have is that our trees grow well in our climate and so are profitable.

Bike
    Sold
    I worked in the forestry/pulp and paper industry in the central north island for 30 years. CHH and Fletchers had much higher standards of cleanup than east coast operations. We also had international quality standards and international sustainability standards which are subject to independent audit. Not all forestry organisations are equal and it's further muddied by both National and Labour alike accelerating forestry investment out east. For the right reasons of course but the negative aspects inevitably glossed over. It's a complicated old world !

Bike
    raptor 1000
    its almost as if hipkins just beamed down from the enterprise, people seem to forget he was high up in the previous 2 governments

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    people seem to forget he was high up in the previous 2 governments
    You cant make jokes about dwarfism these days.

Thread Information