Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    So what is the techies advice for a relative luddite with this streaming business.Will probably ditch sky sport and get Spark.They also have world rally champs.
    We have an middle age "smart"(yeah right) tv.My knowledge of this technology is limited to laptops and chromecast.I havent looked but i think i saw something about an spark sport app for (probaly newer) smart tvs.?
    Not a Techie. If you can get the Spark app on your TV, good.
    If not, or also, get it on your Laptop and Chromecast it to your TV.
    We had to upgrade our Apple TV (Chromcast equivalent) dongle as it was continuously buffering. A couple of hundred later, great.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denill View Post
    Not a Techie. If you can get the Spark app on your TV, good.
    If not, or also, get it on your Laptop and Chromecast it to your TV.
    We had to upgrade our Apple TV (Chromcast equivalent) dongle as it was continuously buffering. A couple of hundred later, great.

Also I'm not a techie but any device should do. A phone is a bit small but I watched the final America's Cup race on the (smallish) phone 'cause I was out at the time. A tablet would do. A PC would work but would be less comfortable/convenient.

Denill's comments re the Apple TV are a worry because mine is old. If it required any expenditure I'd just watch the GPs on a laptop. Most laptops will appear larger on your knee than does a 42" TV across the room. Some of the new bigger TVs may have changed that but the picture should still be an acceptable size...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Most laptops will appear larger on your knee than does a 42" TV across the room.
    probably true ,but not as comfy,and what do you do when the is a last corner overtake.....woops sorry about that laptop!

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Ahh shit, hmmm, decision time. Video pass or Spark sport?
    Spark Sky Sport, is extra again.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Spark Sky Sport, is extra again.
    Sorry, what? As I understand it there is Spark Sport and there is SKY, two seperate entities.

No doubt I'll learn more in the next day or so when I sign up for Spark.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Bikes
    I have taken another step into the great unknown and installed a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which makes my IPad appear to be in LA, thus allowing me to stream AMA SX and MX, plus, plus.
    Anyone here using VPN?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I have taken another step into the great unknown and installed a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which makes my IPad appear to be in LA, thus allowing me to stream AMA SX and MX, plus, plus.
    Anyone here using VPN?
    Yeah, just a new user though.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    My son has decided to pull out of his 1/2 of our Gp subscription so my 1/2 price Gp sub is now full price

I really like getting to know the riders and the banter and body language in the press conferences
    Just wondering if we can still watch the post race and pre start conferences on Spark???
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Anyone here using VPN?
    I'm a network systems engineer for work so quite capable of doing a VPN of some sort, just can't be fucked lol.

As for the techie questions above, here's a list of their supported devices https://help.sparksport.co.nz/what-d...spark-sport-on.

If your TV is not on that list, buy a chromecast to get it working, essentially the chromecast just needs a HDMI input into your TV and you cast it from your phone or laptop to your TV. Simple as, stay away from Apple TV as it eats many dicks.

Bike
    Cheers Autech
    Was just trying to get a handle on what you actually get with Spark Sport probably only what's broadcast I imagine so assuming races only?
    Which means id look to go with MotoGP sub so I get everything.
    Might have to go 7 day trial with spark see what's there for the first GP.
    If there is not enough get my own log in with GP and a new share partner lol
    Cheers all looks like my updates will have to stop.

Oh BTW
    MM not racing the first two Gp's doctors advice

Update finally found it races only with spark
    Spark Sport is pleased to announce that we are the new and exclusive broadcast partner of MotoGP™ in New Zealand for the next 3 years.
    This three-year agreement includes live broadcasting of each and every Grand Prix – including the Moto2™ and Moto3™ classes – as well as on-demand action including:
    Full race replays
    A magazine show
    Race highlights.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Spark Sport is pleased to announce that we are the new and exclusive broadcast partner of MotoGP in New Zealand for the next 3 years.
    This three-year agreement includes live broadcasting of each and every Grand Prix – including the Moto2 and Moto3 classes – as well as on-demand action including:
    Full race replays
    A magazine show
    Race highlights.
    There's a few videos there already, nothing too exciting yet. No coverage of the testing though.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Cheers Autech
    Was just trying to get a handle on what you actually get with Spark Sport probably only what's broadcast I imagine so assuming races only?
    Which means id look to go with MotoGP sub so I get everything.
    Might have to go 7 day trial with spark see what's there for the first GP.
    If there is not enough get my own log in with GP and a new share partner lol
    Cheers all looks like my updates will have to stop.

Oh BTW
    MM not racing the first two Gp's doctors advice

Spark Sport is pleased to announce that we are the new and exclusive broadcast partner of MotoGP™ in New Zealand for the next 3 years.
    This three-year agreement includes live broadcasting of each and every Grand Prix – including the Moto2™ and Moto3™ classes – as well as on-demand action including:
    Full race replays
    A magazine show
    Race highlights.
    Yeah Ima do the same then work out which one to go for. How does it work with the share partner for motogp?
    I'm guessing so long as you don't log in at the same time it's all good? I'd be happy to go halvsies with one of you fine gentleman if that's the case and just make sure we watch at different times.

Bike
    Bikes
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yeah Ima do the same then work out which one to go for. How does it work with the share partner for motogp?
    I'm guessing so long as you don't log in at the same time it's all good? I'd be happy to go halvsies with one of you fine gentleman if that's the case and just make sure we watch at different times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A91F5AE9-7954-406D-B3ED-BC42AEA937F8.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	348768

SPARK. Practice etc for all classes

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ok so I signed up for my seven days trial. They mention you need a speed of at least 15mbps to view it properly. So I ran a speed check - 95mbps, should be OK then,
    My Apple TV won't work cause it's too old and I'm not buying another one just for Spark, so I'll be watchng it on a lap top. Or use a cable? I hope I don't have to buy another cable, I've got loads of cables and some of them will be so old they don't even make the stuff they plugged in to anymore.

I loaded the app into the phone in case I'm away somewhere when something important is happening.

Now we wait and see.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Ok so I signed up for my seven days trial. They mention you need a speed of at least 15mbps to view it properly. So I ran a speed check - 95mbps, should be OK then,
    My Apple TV won't work cause it's too old and I'm not buying another one just for Spark, so I'll be watchng it on a lap top. Or use a cable? I hope I don't have to buy another cable, I've got loads of cables and some of them will be so old they don't even make the stuff they plugged in to anymore.

I loaded the app into the phone in case I'm away somewhere when something important is happening.

Now we wait and see.
    Chrome cast pritch about 60 bucks
    We have one on both tv's and use our cellphones to start it off then cast to the tv as long as you have an HDMI input.
    Use that system for Motogp site, netflix and TV on demand.
    Even though we have a smart tv they are to cumbersome, cellphone and cast is much quicker

My sons aerial blew down a year ago he uses chromecast for all tv.

Thread Information