Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Ok so I signed up for my seven days trial. They mention you need a speed of at least 15mbps to view it properly. So I ran a speed check - 95mbps, should be OK then,
    My Apple TV won't work cause it's too old and I'm not buying another one just for Spark, so I'll be watchng it on a lap top. Or use a cable? I hope I don't have to buy another cable, I've got loads of cables and some of them will be so old they don't even make the stuff they plugged in to anymore.

I loaded the app into the phone in case I'm away somewhere when something important is happening.

Now we wait and see.
    My 10-year old Apple TV works well with Apple devices. I use an iPad, which I find better because of the large screen than using the Android phone with a Chromecast.

Only downside is I have to reboot the iPad occasionally when it stops casting.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    My 10-year old Apple TV works well with Apple devices. I use an iPad, which I find better because of the large screen than using the Android phone with a Chromecast.

Only downside is I have to reboot the iPad occasionally when it stops casting.
    Your Apple TV is a similar vintage to mine. The Spark website on the laptop doesn't give the option to use the TV. Using the iPhone app though it seems to work just fine, I'll install the app in an iPad just to have another option.

Thanks for that

Update:

The iPad works fine with the TV watching cricket so now all I need to work out is the on demand set up. I'll try that with the F2 tomorrow.

Oh, and the Moto GP coverage has highlites of the press conference.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Testing the water with Spark Sport complete with 7 day trial (which looks like its part of the first month to me ).so far so good. Full credit to the old dog in qualifying - there's still some go in him ... Surely this year is Jack's chance . 360 kph from Zarco , yeeeha. I'll be setting the alarm and watching this one live... Go Jack

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I am also trying the 7 day trial and more than happy with what it has offered so far. The biggie for me will be whether they have a no spoiler option as MotoGP.com did, not every race I can catch live.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I am also trying the 7 day trial and more than happy with what it has offered so far. The biggie for me will be whether they have a no spoiler option as MotoGP.com did, not every race I can catch live.
    Yep. Not sure about the no spoiler option. I had to seek out qulifying today and didn't see anything that might have given the game away. I can't watch the races first thing tomorrow so I'll have to remember to steer clear of news sources - including this thread. Got deliveries of timber and iron due first thing and appointments in town. Should be time to watch in the afternoon?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Ok so I signed up for my seven days trial. They mention you need a speed of at least 15mbps to view it properly. So I ran a speed check - 95mbps, should be OK then,
    My Apple TV won't work cause it's too old and I'm not buying another one just for Spark, so I'll be watchng it on a lap top. Or use a cable? I hope I don't have to buy another cable, I've got loads of cables and some of them will be so old they don't even make the stuff they plugged in to anymore.

I loaded the app into the phone in case I'm away somewhere when something important is happening.

Now we wait and see.
    also there is a package with spark that is spark sport AND sky sport 40 bucks i think

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well I'd never considered rolling them up. Good GP food. Wondered what the thinner ones were for.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/22...a-roll-ups-ii/
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Yep. Not sure about the no spoiler option. I had to seek out qulifying today and didn't see anything that might have given the game away. I can't watch the races first thing tomorrow so I'll have to remember to steer clear of news sources - including this thread. Got deliveries of timber and iron due first thing and appointments in town. Should be time to watch in the afternoon?
    Me too! off all media till I've watched. Can't see anything on the app that would give the result away.
    GP race it says it's 5:30 - 7am so almost a morning watch. I wonder if you can watch delayed or wait till after the finish?????
    Although after 6 years away I'm back to my own Architecture business so could finally watch early morning.
    Let us know if the delayed works?
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Mate that was fantastic with a small salad. Heaps left over.

Just need some racing to watch.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Fantastic morning of racing all classes.
    Up at 6am just made the start of Gp
    You can Watch delayed or from the start on Spark.
    No spoilers but a good way to launch the day and the season
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Only seen the GP so far. Managed to keep the lap top on my knee despite that finish.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Wow what a race, that last lap was indeed the edge of the seat variety. The service provided by Spark was faultless, with that and access to sports like F2 with the 2 Kiwi's racing they will be getting my money.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    it is on demand right,so you can watch at any time afterwards??? Still deciding between spark and motgp sub

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    it is on demand right,so you can watch at any time afterwards??? Still deciding between spark and motgp sub
    Yes on-demand is available, as is all the sessions, interviews, rider features, rider conferences, highlight sessions. And from some reports I received from friends overseas the MotoGP site was experiencing slow downs this morning.

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Happy with spark sport - seems to tick all the boxes here and not a big lump of money upfront like the video pass... wasn't the moto 3 frantic (as usual)

Thread Information