Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Nowt any more

MiniGP Road to MotoGP

Oh, and this news out the other day.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/fim-minigp...ia-plans-2022/

They are focussed on using the Ohvale GP-0 and maybe other models, which really rules out having a go at this in NZ.
    The bikes are simply too expensive.
    We have good circuits and people to do it, but do we have the riders? More doubtful, IMO.

I was keen to approach Dorna/FIM about setting up something here (in partnership with our friends at Race Supplies and Motorcycling Canterbury) but using the Kayo MiniGP150, but I just don't see where the riders would come from.

Let me know if I am being a bit pessimistic there.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Yep. Simon and Webby made a point of coming to find him and Dad, Stacey, to have a chat. So that was great..
    Good news Keep the updates coming - great
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike

Rossi interview yesterday

MotoGP, Rossi: "In 2006 I threw a tenth title away, in 2015 they stole it from me"
    Valentino Rossi has not got tired of MotoGP yet, on the contrary he is still waiting with trepidation for every Sunday, every race, even after 26 years of the World Championship, 42 those on his identity card. He’s a case more unique than rare, even if this obstinacy fused with passion often does not spare him from criticism, especially when the results are below his expectations.

And yet the Doctor is still not giving up and, in an interview published today in Gazzetta dello Sport, he explained why.

"My reasoning is very simple and for me it’s strange that some people don’t understand it, maybe my way of thinking is different – were his words - I like the way I feel, the sensation, the adrenaline that makes me win, go onto the podium or just have a good race. I'm fine for a few days. I like that feeling there. I know very well that in the end time will have won, unfortunately that’s the case for everyone, but I try with all my force to make it as difficult as possible. This is the only reason why I still race ”.

Valentino has no regrets, such as that of retiring as a winner.

"What you lose by stopping doing what you like is more than what you gain by quitting when you are at the peak of your career – is his philosophy - And anyway you never know if it's really over: in 2013, when I returned to Yamaha, for everyone I was already finished. Instead, if they hadn't stolen the World Championship from me in 2015, I would have won another one, it would have been the tenth one and it would have extended my winning sporting life by even 6 years. I don't want to finish 12th or 16th, of course, but if I wanted to quit at the top I should have done it a few years ago. But I believe in it and I still want to try ”.

Looking back at his past, however, there is one date that he has not yet come to terms with…

“Valencia 2006. There I threw away a world championship title that I could have won and it would have been 10 anyway, even after the theft in 2015” he recalled.

Apart from a few flaws, Rossi has however been the symbol of motorcycling in recent years and he knows this perfectly well.

"I was the first modern MotoGP rider, I was the first to do many things that have become a lesson for many riders now - he explained - I started very young, but at 20 I was already in 500 and my path was followed by everyone. There are a few things that I have done and that everyone has seen".

The final chapter (for now) of his story is with the Petronas team…

"I don't want to bite the hand that fed me, because I was also fine in the official Yamaha team - he underlined - But in Petronas it is very good, there is a great atmosphere, a lot of young guys, a ‘free-range’ team. In the morning it gives me a lot of pleasure to enter the garage, there are people who give their soul ".
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I'll never forget the first time at Mugello in 2005 . Early in the morning Rossi came out onto the circuit and wheelied over the hump leading to the first turn.
    The noise of the Yamaha and a fine morning in the valley, I thought finally I'm here, after dreaming for 40 yrs.
    Got a Tatt to mark that day too. Go vale !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Caught up with the third round, Sunday on Ch 3 .
    (note to self, record future rounds on 3 so I can fast forward AD's every 4 minutes),

Great to see the young fellas scapping it out in Moto3, love the draughting and braking duels.
    That Acosta fella shows his metal and why he won the Red Bull Series.

No 20 brilliant, No 12 having one of his hiccup days. No 46 !!! c'mon grandad !!!

Hoping Yamaha can continue up front,my wish anyway.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Oh, and this news out the other day.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/fim-minigp...ia-plans-2022/

They are focussed on using the Ohvale GP-0 and maybe other models, which really rules out having a go at this in NZ.
    The bikes are simply too expensive.
    We have good circuits and people to do it, but do we have the riders? More doubtful, IMO.

I was keen to approach Dorna/FIM about setting up something here (in partnership with our friends at Race Supplies and Motorcycling Canterbury) but using the Kayo MiniGP150, but I just don't see where the riders would come from.

Let me know if I am being a bit pessimistic there.
    We got the riders in Buckets/Hyosungs/250s easily, it's whether you could tempt them onto one.
    I'd be keen to give one a go but it comes down to cost really, that and do you really want a bunch of old farts on them or young and up n comings?

You should contact the NZ gummant and ask for some moneys, they're happy to pump millions into a boat race, just 1 of those millions would get you your bikes and riders going for a few years.

Ideally I'd be head hunting MotoX talents as they've allowed to start much younger and will already have some serious skills on a bike, plenty of money behind farm kids too.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Jerez this weekend, although I don't see it till Sunday week ,oh well.

Ps by the way I got a note back from Sky after asking if they we doin WSB this year?
    Yes, from the 21 May was the answer.

But Jerez , should be good racing.
    Remember that last corner years back when Rossi dived under Gibering ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Jerez this weekend, although I don't see it till Sunday week ,oh well.

Ps by the way I got a note back from Sky after asking if they we doin WSB this year?
    Yes, from the 21 May was the answer.

But Jerez , should be good racing.
    Remember that last corner years back when Rossi dived under Gibering ?

I saw some ads for Sky sport only (like spark sport) for $33.99 per month or $400 per year I think ?
    No MotoGP by the looks but Superbike, supercars and Indy cars
    https://www.skysportnow.co.nz/packag...ackagesSection

This is a good read on the upcoming VR46 team
    https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/04/28/...e-mans-gp.html

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I saw some ads for Sky sport only (like spark sport) for $33.99 per month or $400 per year I think ?
    No MotoGP by the looks but Superbike, supercars and Indy cars
    https://www.skysportnow.co.nz/packag...ackagesSection
    [/url]
    I signed up for the free trial recently. Don't even think about it - the live quality is OK but anything delayed looks jerky. It hasn't improved since last time I tried it a couple of years ago, unlike motorsport on Spark.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    MM is P3, anyone want to bet how long it takes for him to podium, then to win.. and become the GOAT? heh.

I reckon maybe 2 more races for him to podium.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Aleix is looking bloody strong on the Aprilia, bike looks to me like its really well rounded, not particularly strong in any area just good everywhere.
    Most importantly its good on tyres, I wonder if he will crack a top 4 this weekend?

MM is fast but to me he's not looking like the old MM on right hand corners, just doesn't look bang on so I think it'll be a few more races till he can crack the podium. He'll be aware of this himself so will be unwilling to risk too much with his riding style not quite right. Definitely riding well though.

The dark horse is Binder this weekend imo, if he can stay in Q2 he'll be amongst the front boys who its looking like will consist of the 3 Yamahas (sorry Rossi) a few Suzukis, an aprllia and a couple of Ducatis.

Gunna be an awesome race, looking forward to it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    MM is fast but to me he's not looking like the old MM on right hand corners, just doesn't look bang on so I think it'll be a few more races till he can crack the podium. He'll be aware of this himself so will be unwilling to risk too much with his riding style not quite right. Definitely riding well though.
    Yeah I reckon 2-3 I think its just strength and stamina in that arm..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    To early to tell from Practice
    Bagnia fast but we don't know if Ducati has the wick turned up and have to turn it back down for fuel although the straights are all 300k so not so much advantage.
    Aleix looks good but the real times are yet to come. Good luck to him
    They said Dovis times where in the 38's in the test so there is a benchmark
    Rossi looks really bad so far.
    Miller looks to be struggling
    A lot will change as the heat goes up tyres look to be not so much of an issue but time will tell

Only started watching every practice session this year. Boy do you learn a lot more.
    There is a lot more info not provided when the focus is more on the race and times from Qually on where I used to start.

There is a lot of talk about two new teams Grissini and VR46 four more bikes on the grid next year whoohooo!

Interesting
    On the commentary they said Yamaha have responded to Morbids Yamaha complaints about not having the latest bike.
    They said he got what they asked and paid for. If he wanted the latest spec M1 he could have had it.
    But the commentators said he cant change now because of the rules. Must be budget I'm guessing.

Qually overnight will be the telling time
    Breakfast at the Club for the Parker fight then MotoGP Qually

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    \
    Interesting
    On the commentary they said Yamaha have responded to Morbids Yamaha complaints about not having the latest bike.
    They said he got what they asked and paid for. If he wanted the latest spec M1 he could have had it.
    But the commentators said he cant change now because of the rules. Must be budget I'm guessing.
    The problem might be the engine allocations. IIRC all his engines for the year will have been sealed. If those engines don't fit the 2021 frame that'd kill any upgrade right there.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    To early to tell from Practice
    Bagnia fast but we don't know if Ducati has the wick turned up and have to turn it back down for fuel although the straights are all 300k so not so much advantage.
    Aleix looks good but the real times are yet to come. Good luck to him
    They said Dovis times where in the 38's in the test so there is a benchmark
    Rossi looks really bad so far.
    Miller looks to be struggling
    A lot will change as the heat goes up tyres look to be not so much of an issue but time will tell

Only started watching every practice session this year. Boy do you learn a lot more.
    There is a lot more info not provided when the focus is more on the race and times from Qually on where I used to start.

There is a lot of talk about two new teams Grissini and VR46 four more bikes on the grid next year whoohooo!

Interesting

Qually overnight will be the telling time
    Breakfast at the Club for the Parker fight then MotoGP Qually
    Its good timing for us this round as FP starts at 19.00

Thread Information