Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Jack "PharLap" Miller - that's what he needs to be called.
    Dont forget his aussie deli girlfriend, Dontakekour Pavalova

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Miller was awesome the most mature and controlled ride I have ever seen from him

Morbidelli has put a line in the sand hes to damn good to loose I reckon had the short end of the stick mainly because of the Rossi move

https://www.visordown.com/news/racin...al-2022-motogp

Now Rossi VR46 gossip

One site says its 50/50 Yamaha or Ducati?
    And a chat that has Rossi starting very worried and disappointed in himself by the looks

https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/05/14/...togp-team.html

The other says VR46 has gone with Ducati and the money attached to each deal.
    Some words on Aprilia as well.

https://the-race.com/motogp/vr46-pic...-keeps-miller/

Interesting stuff
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    77 XL250
    All the calls to give the Rossi bike to Morbid seem to ignore the engine rules. I believe that a rider cannot 'give' his engines to another rider. The 2020/21 engine will not fit the 2019 chassis so the prospect is Morbidelli scooting an enginless chassis around the track. Please correct me if I am wrong - is there a way?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    All the calls to give the Rossi bike to Morbid seem to ignore the engine rules. I believe that a rider cannot 'give' his engines to another rider. The 2020/21 engine will not fit the 2019 chassis so the prospect is Morbidelli scooting an enginless chassis around the track. Please correct me if I am wrong - is there a way?
    Nope, the die is cast on that one, he'll just have to ride the shit out of that thing. If he's really unhappy with it I'll take it off his hands for cheap

Great ride by Miller, looked to me Zarco thought he could have won so wasn't happy with 2nd. He blamed the decision on the Medium tyre choice, but I'd guess that Miller would still have been awesome on those tyres being as good as he is in the wet. Zarco is good, but I think Miller is gooderer.

Can't help but think this is the beginning of Millers run, he's been trending up for years after taking the wrong path to get there, now he's got the experience and a few wins under his belt lets see. Dovi was the same, once he got the taste of victory he was going for it.

Marquez probably could have won that race I think, just looked to me the traction control on the Honda wasn't delivering him a torque that he could feel so it whipped up and spat him. Same crash as the moto3 guys were having really. Promising signs from him though

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Marquez probably could have won that race I think, just looked to me the traction control on the Honda wasn't delivering him a torque that he could feel so it whipped up and spat him. Same crash as the moto3 guys were having really. Promising signs from him though
    MM shouldnt, I think, be as fast as he is.. the bike is supposedly not that fast and has issues. Just goes to show how much skill and determination the guy has. I also have a feeling he will not do a Rossi and get out while he is on top, because he seems to have got a lot wiser over the years.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Can't help but think this is the beginning of Millers run, he's been trending up for years after taking the wrong path to get there, now he's got the experience and a few wins under his belt lets see. Dovi was the same, once he got the taste of victory he was going for it.
    The commentators said that Crutchlow predicted Miller would string victories together after he'd had his first win this season. The more at the sharp end the betterer.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    I feel for the Aprilia team. A great year up to this race for AE and Savadori was having good weekend and it all ended on the side of the track in a cloud of smoke and tears. A 'technical problem' they say.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    MM shouldnt, I think, be as fast as he is.. the bike is supposedly not that fast and has issues. Just goes to show how much skill and determination the guy has. I also have a feeling he will not do a Rossi and get out while he is on top, because he seems to have got a lot wiser over the years.
    The bikes fast, its always been a weapon, just a tricky one to read that needs the very best riders to get the best out of. While Pedrosa was there for the development it wasn't too bad but it seems that MM isn't good for development as he rides like a looney so his data is hard to use. Incidentally Nakagami is apparently using MM as the reference and trying to emulate him, the results in the past few years have been pretty good too.
    I don't think MM is doing anything that the bikes not capable of though, he just knows how to get the best from it.

Pol will get on top of it soon I think. What's not helping is the bikes just had 1 full year of fuck all direction and its showing. They really need to grab a 2nd alien to show what's up, it's hard to tell who that alien is though until they get on the Honda and see if they can make something of it. If it hadn't destroyed Jorge's body he'd have eventually started winning on it, it just broke him before he could tame it. If I was Puig I'd be sniffing around at KTM some more to try and lure Binder or Olivera over.

I feel for the Aprilia team. A great year up to this race for AE and Savadori was having good weekend and it all ended on the side of the track in a cloud of smoke and tears. A 'technical problem' they say.
    Yeah first one they've had, wonder if it was something electrical related due to the wet weather? They've been rock solid all year so sucks to see this again.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    This idea or talk about swapping Bikes hasn't got to Rossi yet LOL
    He is still aiming at trying for racing MotoGP next year by the article posted 14 hours ago on the MotoGP site.
    Decision Summer at the earliest by the looks.

"I will try to be there in 2022" – Rossi on Indonesian GP
    Speaking to Indonesian MotoGP™ broadcaster Trans7, The Doctor shed some more light about when his decision on continuing racing will come
    Tags MotoGP, 2021, Valentino Rossi, Petronas Yamaha SRT
    Understandably, a lot of talk surrounding Valentino Rossi (Petronas Yamaha SRT) at the moment is whether he will be racing in MotoGP™ or not in 2022. Speaking to Indonesian MotoGP™ broadcaster Trans7 recently, The Doctor shed some light on when the decision will be made.
    “Speaking with Petronas and Yamaha it's more half-season because after nine races we have the summer break and I think I will decide for next year in that period, after nine races,” said Rossi. There was plenty of speculation that an announcement would come as early as Mugello, Round 6 of the season, but any confirmation about Rossi’s future as a rider now seems highly unlikely before the summer.
    “I'm happy if I can race also in 2022 and come to Indonesia, but we need to wait for the results and if I can be competitive, so at this moment I cannot promise anything but I will try to be there in 2022,” continued the Italian. The MotoGP™ paddock look set to be heading back to Indonesia in 2022 to race at the brand-new Mandalika International Circuit, with Indonesian fans hoping to watch one of their idols on track in their country.
    However, as Rossi says, it depends on his results and ability to be competitive. His best result of the season so far is a P11 at the French GP last time out in the flag-to-flag epic, but the post-GP Official Test in Jerez was positive for Rossi and his side of the Petronas Yamaha SRT garage. Steps were made, so the Grands Prix at Mugello, Catalunya, the Sachsenring and Assen are set to be the deciders.

“[Mandalika] looks like a fast track with some fast corners, which is usually fun, but to understand well we need to try with the bike,” continued Rossi to Trans7. “It will be very demanding because Indonesia is very hot. I raced in Indonesia in '96 and '97 and I remember it is maybe hotter than Malaysia! But the sea is very close, so if it's too hot we'll go into the sea!”
    While we may not get a decision about Rossi's future as a rider before the summer, it’s very likely that we will find out what manufacturer – and potentially the rider line-up – his VR46 team will run with in 2022 much sooner. At Le Mans, the 42-year-old admitted it’s now a “50-50” choice between Yamaha and Ducati, and it’s a decision that needs to be made hastily.

I'm still stoked for Miller Kiwi parents he's almost one of us LOL

I saw Pol and MM practicing/following each other and swapping over a lot together in the FP sessions maybe Pol's public spat about them not working together had an effect.
    MM has got wiser especially how he has handled Rossi, he also seems different this season call it maturity or fear (not that he has any) he has publicly admitted he is not going to take the extreme risks he previously has and he keeps talking about regaining the mental edge as well as the physical. We haven't seen that talk from him before.
    I so love watching his dads reactions in the pits. There is a lot of feeling there and good feeling between the two boys by the looks. Don't forget they are still training Alex up for the top team.

We might find they have gone to far with that Aprilia lets see if it shits itself again.

Binder is struggling with the KTM big time.

Great mix of contenders Carmelo Ezpeleta has the formula is bloody near perfect with the satellite teams up there to.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Apparently they use much lower rpm while cornering at Le Mans so when a rear tyre goes, it is gone. It's one of the reasons posited for Le Mans being such a crashfest.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The usual PR excuse is "an electrical problem," as in the piston hit the spark plug, or the conrod came out the side of the case and stopped the alternator rotating. That's a hard sell when there's smoke pouring out though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Apparently they use much lower rpm while cornering at Le Mans so when a rear tyre goes, it is gone. It's one of the reasons posited for Le Mans being such a crashfest.
    Yeah makes sense that it'll be less predicatable at lower RPM as its in the fat of the toruqe, that and there's some science about lower revs and their effect on the rear tyres juju I remember being discussed here or somewhere

Bike
    R100GSPD
    MM first crash was weird there was no engine involed at all,I wonder if it was a similar thing to the crash he had at Austina coupel of years ago

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah.
    One minute his hands were full. The next they were empty.

That's happened to me before too.
    I guess the comparison was inevitable.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Jack Miller has been signed to ride for Ducati in 2022.

Thread Information