Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Jack Miller has been signed to ride for Ducati in 2022.
    I just realised I would normally be heading off to Mugello tomoro ! A lot of years doing that .
    Last Sunday I saw about 10 laps of the GP on ch 3 afternoon sports.
    Never much liked wet racing and pit stops etc ..

It's about 5 degrees outside at the mo so the bike can stay where it is. (winter grumbles over !)

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Germany has added Britain to their Corona virus "red list" banning all travellers from the UK. With the German GP only a few weeks away on the 20th June, there will be probems for Brit riders and journos as well as fans if the situation persists.

When the Covid Indian variant was noticed Britain closed its borders to travellers from Pakistan and Bangla Desh, but not to passengers from India. Boris was to have trade talks with the Indian PM and presumably he didn't want to miss the associated publicity. So for two and a half weeks he did nothing while some 20,000 passengers arrived in Britain from India, many doubtless carrying the virus.

Some people like to say politics and sport don't mix, but whether we like it or not, it's all connected.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Nowt any more
    As far as I am aware, riders and other athletes who are traveling for special events have special documentation and allowance to travel.
    Whether this applies in the current case, I am not sure.
    But no word from Cormac Racing that anything has changed for them.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    As far as I am aware, riders and other athletes who are traveling for special events have special documentation and allowance to travel.
    Whether this applies in the current case, I am not sure.
    But no word from Cormac Racing that anything has changed for them.
    Looks like he's in Mugello - guess they will only go back to the UK in need.....?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    The main straightaway will be a test for the Yams this weekend.
    Ducati ,I think have blown thru the 360kph speed barrier previous lol....

Hope the race is dry, wonderful place Mugello and the surrounding countryside.. ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    Looks like he's in Mugello - guess they will only go back to the UK in need.....?
    Couple weeks in Europe to head up to Sachsenring after Mugello, in the mighty Winnebago, then back to Blighty for start of BSB/BTC.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I ain't no Venales fan but that fucken MM overstepped the mark Q2
    Being lucky or wise enough to hook onto a fast guy is one thing but shadowing a guy through the pits is bullshit.
    I'm wondering if the rules being pushed in Moto3 are only for their class??
    Because there are plenty of Q1 and Q2 laps being fucked up by parading riders over the last few FP sessions.
    Fabio is one that was furious yesterday coming upon a waiting mob mid his fast lap, now its gone to far with the MV thing I reckon.
    Lowers the tone of the sport.

BTW MotoGP Video pass now dropped to 105-99 Euro = $187-00NZD

I read this comment on the GP site about Rossi.
    "It’s not his lack of ‘bottle’ or ‘skill’ it’s the electronics. He came from a primitive era where you required mechanical grip and feel. Ever since MotoGP went full in with rider aids he has struggled. If the bikes were primitive he would still win. What he is looking for in terms of feel in the set up no longer exists."

May have hit the nail on the head
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

I read this comment on the GP site
    "It’s not his lack of ‘bottle’ or ‘skill’ it’s the electronics. He came from a primitive era where you required mechanical grip and feel. Ever since MotoGP went full in with rider aids he has struggled. If the bikes were primitive he would still win. What he is looking for in terms of feel in the set up no longer exists."

I'm assuming Rossi, and yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense.

And yeah, look for a rule change soon me thinks regarding hanging around waiting for a tow truck, or even harassing a tow truck through the pits!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    lol Marc is the ICEMAN. That was brutal on Vinales, fucked with his head. Have to admit though, Marc is only getting his own back. For a long time he was the one being hunted for a tow.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    lol Marc is the ICEMAN. That was brutal on Vinales, fucked with his head. Have to admit though, Marc is only getting his own back. For a long time he was the one being hunted for a tow.
    MM is the McCaw of MotoGP :P
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Vinales again showed mental fragility in Q2. He should have just got on with his job and let Maquez do whatever he wanted. As it was MV was totally psyched out and then blew it so he's way down the grid. It's his own fault really.

When he was a target for the shadowers MM didn't whinge about "caravans". He said if they could stick close enough to him that would put them between him and his rivals for the championship on the grid.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

I read this comment on the GP site about Rossi.

Danilo Petrucci reckons the more you use the electronics the slower you go cause they cut in too much , the lesser the better.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Nice win for Redding....

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    MM is the McCaw of MotoGP :P
    That's the guy who used to play rugby isn't it? Are you trying to claim some dork flailing around in a paddock is in the same league as a proper athlete racing a bike at 300and something kph?

Pah!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information