Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Did I miss something because I'm working 24/7 atm.
    Not really, They might just be interviewing their keyboard. Dovi is a free agent and would presumably be available. Crutchlow too is available, is familiar with the Honda, but has announced his retirement. A suitably large cheque could change his mind about that though.

The latest from Mat Oxley. It seems that Marquez's surgery has an infection requiring special treatment.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...paign=widget-6
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Not really, They might just be interviewing their keyboard. Dovi is a free agent and would presumably be available. Crutchlow too is available, is familiar with the Honda, but has announced his retirement. A suitably large cheque could change his mind about that though.

The latest from Mat Oxley. It seems that Marquez's surgery has an infection requiring special treatment.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...paign=widget-6

Cal Signed a contract to become a test development rider for Yamaha during 2021 shortly after last season, with possible occasional appearances as a wild card or replacement rider. So he is out of the picture.
    Not sure why they are talking Dovi up tho.

When I got mixed up in someone else mess at Motofest last year and broke my collar bone badly. They said the bone could reject the screws and told be to just wait and let a big mass of bone grow and rejoin the bits. I'm thinking every damn thing I read on MotoGP is about riders coming back after 3 weeks with a plate and all fixed up. I also have a mate his collar bone is mush and they cant fix it at all. So it took 5 bloody months before I have my first ride back on the road bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-3-20x3.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	347940

Was thinking if MM is out for the first 1/2 why not leave his brother where he is with Pol and feed MM back in slowly on Cals old bike or a third factory bike.
    I think they are better of with Alex Marquez than two riders fresh on the bike by having Dovi (if thats an option at all)
    Pretty special circumstances this situation especially when he doesn't stand a show of winning a championship if he doesn't race the first 6 races.

Pure speculation and rumor's tho we could be in fantasy land LOL
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I asked the surgeon if he could wrap it in carbon fibre, but that's not a thing yet.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Cal Signed a contract to become a test development rider for Yamaha during 2021 shortly after last season, with possible occasional appearances as a wild card or replacement rider. So he is out of the picture.
    Not sure why they are talking Dovi up tho.

Was thinking if MM is out for the first 1/2 why not leave his brother where he is with Pol and feed MM back in slowly on Cals old bike or a third factory bike.
    I think they are better of with Alex Marquez than two riders fresh on the bike by having Dovi (if thats an option at all)
    Pretty special circumstances this situation especially when he doesn't stand a show of winning a championship if he doesn't race the first 6 races.

Pure speculation and rumor's tho we could be in fantasy land LOL
    I expect Honda has a plan if MM isn't fit at the start of the season and I doubt it includes Dovi. From his most recent interview, it sounds like he actually wants to have a year off.

It will be interesting to see how Pol goes on the Honda, which appears to be a much improved bike since the start of the season. Unfortunate that there is no end of season testing this year, but quite understandable.

I am very concerned about MM. This is the third year in a row that he's had major surgery at the end of the season, and success this time is not a certainty.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'd always assumed they were merely replacing service items when the had done enough hours.

Maybe this time C19 has affected the factory where they make bits for MM and they had to put some old parts in which failed?

So if Pol is lacklustre early season, is it just adapting to a very particular bike? Is it the KTM was making him shine?

I'd like to think he'll find his feet and be right up there.

So will Michy release a new front tyre and remove Suzuki advantage? Probably submerging Yamaha again.

Maybe they should release a worse rear tyre?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'd always assumed they were merely replacing service items when the had done enough hours.

Maybe this time C19 has affected the factory where they make bits for MM and they had to put some old parts in which failed?

So if Pol is lacklustre early season, is it just adapting to a very particular bike? Is it the KTM was making him shine?

I'd like to think he'll find his feet and be right up there.

So will Michy release a new front tyre and remove Suzuki advantage? Probably submerging Yamaha again.

Maybe they should release a worse rear tyre?
    Yeh Some bikes don't suit a tyre and got like shit and its more odd how with all the skill and tech within a factory they cant seem to change the bike to make it suit either.
    You would have thought a few tweeks here and there and its fixed given their skill.
    But I imagine its generic in the different chassis design and engine inline vs V4.
    KTM still using the trellis frame that everyone else left behind tho aren't they??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    77 XL250
    KTM dumped the trellis frame for 2020.
    As far as the tyre favouring a particular bike - I think the bikes are so close in overall performance that any minor improvement is magnified. It is not as if Suzuki turned up with the same old bike and the magic tyre did the rest. Ducati seem to be the only real loser in 2020 and how much of that is the tyre and how much other factors?

The one common factor all year has been the satellite teams have been the place to be...

Roll on 2021 - and a return soon to Portimao
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    KTM dumped the trellis frame for 2020.
    As far as the tyre favouring a particular bike - I think the bikes are so close in overall performance that any minor improvement is magnified. It is not as if Suzuki turned up with the same old bike and the magic tyre did the rest. Ducati seem to be the only real loser in 2020 and how much of that is the tyre and how much other factors?

The one common factor all year has been the satellite teams have been the place to be...

Roll on 2021 - and a return soon to Portimao
    Ducati I think were held down by their rider line up more than anything. 2 of the oldest riders on the grid having to adapt to riding a bike they know so well totally differently from years gone by. They just couldn't get the best out of it like the others were.
    The Youngsters at Pramac showed the bike was still fine, so if those youngsters were in factory red with 10 more engineers in their garage... If it wasn't for the Mechanicals Jack Miller would have been on for a title shot. From my couch in the final rounds the way Jack had that bike turning looked pretty decent, no way near as bad as previous years where they were on a totally different line to all the other bikes.

KTM's bike is still a "Trellis frame" afaik, they just changed the shape of it to a curve rather than round tubular steel. Either way whatever they cooked up was fucking good! Be interesting to see what secrets Petrux brings with him from Italia, hope he sticks it to them

Looking really bad for MM sadly, having a 3rd operation so far away from the original injury doesn't bode well. We all worried that his tendency to crash would eventually catch up with him and it appears this time he's not got away with it. That said many other riders have had plenty of injuries and they've been able to eventually bolt them back together, I just hope this isn't one of those "Career ending" jobbies that sometimes happen.

Bike
    77 XL250
    The way a certain M Marquez is built, it would not surprise me to see a one-armed rider vying for the championship.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Just cancelled my video pass renewal ... 119 euro (nz220) is too much to gamble against the virus sadly. International news is so bleak i can't see the season getting far. I was so looking forward to this season and have/had high hopes for Jack...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I don't expect the season as planned will go ahead, although Dorna are still saying that the testing at Sepang in February will happen.

But they managed to complete the 2020 season and should be able to use the experience to do things better in 2021. There is a lot at stake after all.

I would be more concerned about the circuits - not sure how some will survive if they cannot have spectators this season.

If you have an Android phone, Video Pass is $180 in the Play Store.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Recently I've been toying with the idea of ditching SKY because I'm mostly watching Netflix. The Moto GP subscription is about the equivalent of two months SKY so that would leave me ten months ahead on the deal. The virus though will dictate the season. No rush.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I've changed my Sky to Freeview over the summer, although that means no overseas cricket. I would really like to ditch it completely.

Anyone here tried to stream Fox Sports in Oz? Unlike Sky, they still have almost every sport.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Haven't had sky for at least a decade and that was fleeting and certainly not for sport. Anyway, - even if I paid freeview directly, could we have no local cricket? Or rugby?

Streaming when you want makes crap tv so 90's.

So assuming a late start next year and some vaccine coverage in rich parts of Europe, I wonder what next year will look like? Of course expecting the Italians to bring some sort of order in a reasonable time. . . .

All next rounds in Germany?

Bike
    2006 CBR600RR / 2002 VFR800
    In Australia lots of us use Kayo Sports streaming app. AUD$25/mth for 2 simultaneous streams but you'd also have to use a VPN from NZ. It includes all the Fox Sports channels including WSBK races and all sessions for MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3.

https://kayosports.com.au/

Thread Information