Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...-escape/381131

bit sore apparently... new chassis being tested too
    He's sore sure 'nough, but he's lucky he didn't land on the damaged arm.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    A couple of years ago Honda seemed to have a handle on the spec electronics settings, then Marc had that silly high-side crash when he was dicking around with Fabio in one of the practices, then his big crash and injury last year and now this.

It seems Honda do need to pull finger and figure out what it has done with changes to the bike to make it do these things.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Waaahoooo!

So happy!

https://m.gpone.com/en/2021/06/25/mo...this-year.html

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    A couple of years ago Honda seemed to have a handle on the spec electronics settings, then Marc had that silly high-side crash when he was dicking around with Fabio in one of the practices, then his big crash and injury last year and now this.

It seems Honda do need to pull finger and figure out what it has done with changes to the bike to make it do these things.
    Interesting VID, He is a lucky boy not to have hip damage he'll be sore.
    He was pointing out how they cant find a reason for these sudden "traction let goes" with the Honda and how that really affects the confidence of the rider.
    Especially when he wasn't pushing and with the safety net of the electronics. First time I have seem him that worried. I guess injury makes you a bit more weary like age does LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Waaahoooo!

So happy!

https://m.gpone.com/en/2021/06/25/mo...this-year.html

Yeh me to but I think Danny will find the level is higher than in his day.
    Beating Rossi would be a big tick for him
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Interesting VID, He is a lucky boy not to have hip damage he'll be sore.
    He was pointing out how they cant find a reason for these sudden "traction let goes" with the Honda and how that really affects the confidence of the rider.
    Especially when he wasn't pushing and with the safety net of the electronics. First time I have seem him that worried. I guess injury makes you a bit more weary like age does LMAO.

Not too worried where Dani finishes tbh, just will be great to see him launch it off the line again.

I did wonder when I saw him at the race weekend the other week if it'd give him a nudge in the direction again, seems that it may have done so.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Vinales, is getting a bit of flac , and talk over weekend is a possible move to Aprilia. He'll have to break a two year contract to do that.

He can be brilliant, but then can flounder.

Go #20 , he can ride that Yam !!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Vinales, is getting a bit of flac , and talk over weekend is a possible move to Aprilia. He'll have to break a two year contract to do that.

He can be brilliant, but then can flounder.

Go #20 , he can ride that Yam !!!!
    Yeah I'm not sure how ditching a winning bike that he can't win on for a top 10 one is going to make his life any better? Does he need to get his arse kicked by Aleix every weekend to finish his career off properly?

He's clearly in a bad place but is really showing his colours at the mo. Immediately after the race he was blaming the clutch for his bad start? Like bro! Then saying he can't overtake as it's not fast enough, meanwhile Fabio is pulling bike lengths on cunts getting it hooked up out of corners...
    That's always been a strength of Fabs on that Yamaha and it really was apparent last night how good he was at getting it going on the gas at lean, if Maverick could do the same he'd have something to bring to a battle. Why would they completely change the DNA of their bike to match one rider? Simple fix is to get rid of that rider.

Awesome race though, I love Assen, such an on the limit track, so many guys cutting shapes through that fast section, I'd love to have a run there.

Thoughts:
    Zarco - He was never going to make that corner if Rins wasn't there, typical move by him and he fucked Rins race in doing so, legal but rude, I hope Rins serves him next round.
    Nakagami - Got flustered, he's almost there I reckon, is riding that bike well you could see how a few rough moves caused his fall back. What's a Alex Marquez?
    MM - I think these 5 weeks will do him well, Taka shows the bikes still pretty decent, if they can get some rear traction out of corners they'll be good. With a fit Marquez after a break look out.
    KTM - Really expected more of them this weekend, Olivera did well but I expected him to be on the podium.
    Iker - Goneskis, that's one too many DNF's when ya seats on the line, tis a shame but it's tough at the top
    Mir - Doing his thing again, still definitely a threat for the championship, I just think the Fabio/Factory Yamaha combo is pretty hard to beat at the mo.
    Miller - Unlucky, didn't look to be doing anything wrong, just needed to finish to get some points at a tricky track. Tis a shame as he's been going so well this year.
    Yamaha - Their start device is working bloody well, no more Ducati trouncings at the start, wonder what Gigi will dream up next to get his boys ahead...
    Rossi - Anyone who thinks he's not taking risks in his old age can STFU, he's certainly giving it his all out there

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    That's an interesting comment considering that Rossi appears to be as fast as he ever was but everybody else is going faster. Pedro will provide an interesting comparison.

Rossi's effort in Assen should help him make up his mind - if he was still wavering.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Good race plenty of competition
    Pecco did well the first few laps but it was just a matter of time.
    Not many would bet on anyone else but Fabio for the championship

Maverick Didn't look good did it.
    In fact so bad I was thinking no one else might want the blame game and the bad Vib in their team
    Can't get his head right, copying his team mate settings cause he cant get the bike right, then this ungracious display in front of his team and sponsors.
    He got bloody second for goodness sake.
    A lot might be considering not to go there even if he is fast when the stars align.

Hard move by Zarco but I cant help admire his weekend from Q1 to best Ducati on the day.
    Poor old Rossi has it all wrong I don't want to see him hurt.
    Taka was destroyed after the race never seen anyone look so down. Got himself in a muddle and its easy to do.

Easy from the arm chair aye but with all the above going on it makes a crazy old fart having a first go at racing post classic at 63 feel not so bad about falling off 3 years in a row LMAO.

5 weeks what will we do LOL.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Then saying he can't overtake as it's not fast enough,
    That's a valid comment on Vinale's part. The same comment has been made since the days of Rossi and Lorenzo. The Yamaha has the edge on corner speed, but if there is a bike in front of them they can't use that speed advantage, they can only go the same speed in the corner as the bike they are following. Quateraro was stuck behind Bagnaia for a number of laps but once he got in front with a clear run he was off and gone.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That's a valid comment on Vinale's part. The same comment has been made since the days of Rossi and Lorenzo. The Yamaha has the edge on corner speed, but if there is a bike in front of them they can't use that speed advantage, they can only go the same speed in the corner as the bike they are following. Quateraro was stuck behind Bagnaia for a number of laps but once he got in front with a clear run he was off and gone.
    Yeah, but say they add more power and it spins up too much and it's still too slow? He's gotta be careful what he wishes for.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Another quote from MM in the pre-race:

When asked his lowest point: Oct-Nov inside the second surgery, and it kept getting worse, to the point where he wasnt even sure his arm would be a normal arm outside racing.

That's some scary stuff.

I had an issue with my head a few years back and woke up in hospital thinking I had a stroke and I would never ride again.. just about killed me that did.. I feel his pain (in a way)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Go Miller great stuff

‘Double standards bulls**t’: Miller lashes ‘idiot’ rivals in stunning MotoGP takedown

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...7f26be62b12349

Bike
    Nowt any more

Vinales out of there....

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...of-2021/382207

Vinales and Yamaha end their contract one year early.

Should Aprilia sign him?

IMO, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

When he was younger, his record was the best of any current era rider, incl Stoner and Rossi, by a margin actually. I recall commenting as much here.
    But at this level he does not have the fortitude required to weather the storms week in, week out.
    And then to try and ride a bike that is almost there but not quite, in an Italian team (ie chaotic) and try to develop said bike, no way, would be a disaster.
    IMO Aleix is also now demonstrating he is a liability to highest level performance for Aprilia too. He simply does not know how to stay in front and fight for those final 10ths.

Interesting stuff.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...of-2021/382207

Vinales and Yamaha end their contract one year early.

Should Aprilia sign him?

IMO, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

When he was younger, his record was the best of any current era rider, incl Stoner and Rossi, by a margin actually. I recall commenting as much here.
    But at this level he does not have the fortitude required to weather the storms week in, week out.
    And then to try and ride a bike that is almost there but not quite, in an Italian team (ie chaotic) and try to develop said bike, no way, would be a disaster.
    IMO Aleix is also now demonstrating he is a liability to highest level performance for Aprilia too. He simply does not know how to stay in front and fight for those final 10ths.

Interesting stuff.
    Just saw it on MotoGp. Came here to post it your quick LOL

Agree with you Stevey as per my comments above for any team but a team might take him.
    I think Dovi would be good for the Aprilia development.

Looks like a spot back in factory team for Rossi then - Just kidding
    I hope they do right by Franco. Him and Fabio would be good combo I reckon.
    Get a couple of new hot shots in Petronas.

BTW good write up in Kiwi Rider by Mac Attack
    In the Med center with Rossi and MM bloody hell a lot would deliberately get hurt just to be there
    Wonder if they where chatting LMAO

Thread Information