Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2021

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

5 weeks what will we do LOL.
    BSB on Sky/Eurosport/Discovery!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...of-2021/382207

Vinales and Yamaha end their contract one year early.

Should Aprilia sign him?

IMO, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

When he was younger, his record was the best of any current era rider, incl Stoner and Rossi, by a margin actually. I recall commenting as much here.
    But at this level he does not have the fortitude required to weather the storms week in, week out.
    And then to try and ride a bike that is almost there but not quite, in an Italian team (ie chaotic) and try to develop said bike, no way, would be a disaster.
    IMO Aleix is also now demonstrating he is a liability to highest level performance for Aprilia too. He simply does not know how to stay in front and fight for those final 10ths.

Interesting stuff.
    Either that or Aleix is at the limit of that bike.
    Only way of knowing is to get another good rider beside him.

Funny thing is that Aleix is saying they lack the power to overtake, so if Maverick goes there he's going to much the same bike.
    In saying that they'll be a full factory effort next year, so maybe some more coin will head its way.

From my couch watching Aleix cutting shapes on it the bike is a good all rounder, doesn't appear to be stronger in any particular area compared to the other bikes.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Dont forget Franco
    I reckon Franco will be looking for a Yamaha commitment before Aprilia hired anyone else.
    He woudn't want to be left out in the cold and miss out especially after what happened last year with Yamaha.
    Even if it was to hedge his bets.

You never know Aprilia could or be having 3 top riders to choose from yet.

Imagine that Franco at Aprilia and Dovi and MV nowhere.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Dont forget Franco
    I reckon Franco will be looking for a Yamaha commitment before Aprilia hired anyone else.
    Franco and Rossi are besties. He might be candidate for a SKY VR46 Ducati. After Rossi's little brother of course. The team could do worse.

I'm wondering where they're getting all these Ducs from though. Have they been raiding the museum?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Franco and Rossi are besties. He might be candidate for a SKY VR46 Ducati. After Rossi's little brother of course. The team could do worse.

I'm wondering where they're getting all these Ducs from though. Have they been raiding the museum?
    Hand-me downs.

If I read it right, Lenovo Ducati and Pramac Ducati will have GP22's, VR46 will have GP21's and Gresini maybe a mix of GP21s and GP20's.

Bastianini is riding a GP19 is he not? Not sure.

Morbidelli/Marini in VR46 team, would be pretty neat, but I think Jarvis will be duty bound to promote Franco into the factory Yamaha team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    BSB on Sky/Eurosport/Discovery!!!
    copied a bit of BSB the other night and finally saw this young fella Cormac ,is it ?

He was around 17th at the time then jumped off I think?
    Can't recall the class he's in, Junior Cup ?

They all look very young and the front runners have the big boy patter off pat. lol.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Not looking forward to having so many Ducatis on the grid tbh, far too fuckin many!

Bike
    Great evaluation of the Maverick saga. Maybe Mav should read this himself LMAO

https://motomatters.com/analysis/202...ekend_and.html
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

I've seen it myself many times at club level racing, even SIM racing but its interesting that a guy can get all the way to MotoGP and lack the racecraft to engineer an overtake based off assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the rider/driver in front them relative to his own.

Its amazing really but its a fair assessment by Emmet as he 100% was trying the same move lap in lap out. Now that I think back I was shouting at the TV advising him to give up on it and try something different. Vinales has never been a Sunday man though, he's won many qualifying and practice championships.

I'm guessing Quatararo wised up to Bags and dropped back a bit to hit a corner or 2 faster to slingshot by him, rather than coming across him mid corner, having to slow down then losing out down the straight.

Unfair to compare him to Pedrosa really as in his early career he was winning a lot more and at least had multiple injuries to justify bad results, Vinales doesn't have any such excuses other than an inability to get it going on a Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    copied a bit of BSB the other night and finally saw this young fella Cormac ,is it ?

He was around 17th at the time then jumped off I think?
    Can't recall the class he's in, Junior Cup ?

They all look very young and the front runners have the big boy patter off pat. lol.
    Yep, Cormac Mac Attack Buchanan.
    Racing in British Talent Cup. BSB Moto3 class.

The whole weekend was very challenging.

First visit to Oulton Park, second time out with new team and bike (Honda NSF250)
    FP1 an important bolt came out of the engine on lap 3, so lost that session.
    FP2 was raining and the bike would not start, so only did 3-4 laps. (edit: turned out to be a broken wire).
    FP3 went well and finished inside top 10.
    QP went well and qualified 4th fastest. So, pretty good all things considered.

R1 was racing well in laps 1-3 when a crash, by others, caused red flag and full restart.
    In restart got hemmed in a bit and bumped backwards and then nerfed off the track onto the grass.
    Held it all together to come back on in last place. Was making steady progress up to like 15th (of 31 starters) when got nerfed again and both riders went down.
    So a bit disappointing, but such is racing.
    A bit sore, but no serious injury.

R2, starting 5th (second race grid is determined by R1 laptimes). But bike would not start on the grid (they do the sitting on the grid thing at BSB).
    So, rolled off and forced to start warm up lap from pit-lane, and race from last row of grid, meaning starting race from 31st place.
    Got good start and was immediately passing riders left, right and centre.
    Up to 5th and chasing down 4th with 2-3 laps to go (14 lap races), when a crash bought out another red flag. Race had gone long enough to be declared a result.
    So, 5th place, but 4th was almost definite and podium if he had been able to start from rightful position.
    3rd best laptime of the race (2 sec faster than QP) and 4th best laptime of the weekend.
    Not bad for first time at the track and only 2nd weekend on the new bike and following a bunch of quite big set-backs.
    Cormac was pretty pissed off with it all, to be fair. But he is learning the ups and downs and really, took it all in his stride.

Leaves Cormac in 8th position overall after round 1, but not many points behind 4th and a few more behind 2nd and 3rd. 1st is currently the runaway leader, but one DNF and it will be all on (and he crashed a bit last season).

So, a huge number of positive lessons to take away and he very definitely stood out (for grass tracking, crashing, getting taken off the grid and storming through the field).

If anyone wants to help support the battle fund, drop a line via Facebook to Cormac Racing and they will let you know how you can do that.

If he continues this trajectory in BTC, he will be winning races soon.

Next round Knockhill, Scotland June 9-11.

Bike
    Nowt any more

Just as I called it eh?
    FIAGAT (Fuck I am good at this)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Cheers for the updates Steve, good to have someone on the inside providing great insight.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Cheers for the updates Steve, good to have someone on the inside providing great insight.
    I second that Thanks for taking the time for us

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/201...r-beat-doohan/

When Crafar beat Doohan.

Yeah... so... magic.

There was a race once, with Doohan, Rainey, Schwantz and Gardiner in Oz, I think it was Gardiner's last race there, and Doohan won (from memory WG's fairing was coming loose and he was barely hanging on). All I can remember is that the 4 of them were nose to tail, swapping lead for the whole race, it was one of the best races I've seen. Can anyone remember the year and track? I wanna see if I can find it on YT.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/201...r-beat-doohan/

When Crafar beat Doohan.

Yeah... so... magic.

There was a race once, with Doohan, Rainey, Schwantz and Gardiner in Oz, I think it was Gardiner's last race there, and Doohan won (from memory WG's fairing was coming loose and he was barely hanging on). All I can remember is that the 4 of them were nose to tail, swapping lead for the whole race, it was one of the best races I've seen. Can anyone remember the year and track? I wanna see if I can find it on YT.
    1990 GP @ Phillip Island, I believe. Watched that one live.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information